What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

FMD, just heard James Hooper and Mick Ennis speak on the 'good news' of Mary's imminent contract extension (apparently within the next couple of weeks). They went on about how great he's been for the club and how an extension is just reward.

Withdrawing financial support isn't enough, I will deadset stop following the team altogether.

Straight Shooter

Crush

Coach
FMD, just heard James Hooper and Mick Ennis speak on the 'good news' of Mary's imminent contract extension (apparently within the next couple of weeks). They went on about how great he's been for the club and how an extension is just reward.

Withdrawing financial support isn't enough, I will deadset stop following the team altogether.

Straight Shooter
Off the support the storm again?
Last time that only lasted about three weeks.
Cmon mate, dont kid yourself.

getsmarty

Immortal

Straight Shooter

It was always going to happen.........

hazzbeen

Bench
Lets not make the same mistake as the Warriors did. They extended Kearney for another 3 years. There supporters must be feeling very dejected about there club.
Dragons Board please open your eyes and recruit a new coach from outside .
They cant do that mate , otherwise the boys club might get rattled , and we cant do that can we .....? :rolleyes:

possm

Coach
What's the bet Trent Barrett is our next coach?
I can see it now.
If all goes pear shaped it'll be Trent from July 1st.

One of those rare occasions I completely agree with you. It all seems to be lining up that way; Barrett under contract to Many till the end of June, Barrett being spoken about as Mary's assistant coach.

Let's just hope that that if Barrett is appointed, it would be for the remainder of 2019 with an option for a further 2 years in favour of the Club.

possm

Coach
McGregor to Gaz

Even though you were our best player at 5/8 last year , I would like you to play fullback now for as long as the middle forwards are getting tired , but once we get all our forwards back , I will probably put you back to 5/8. But don’t worry , with 10 to 15 minutes to go in the game I am going to put you back to 5/8 and bring my super X factor sub Dufty on to try and win the game , however you won’t be paired with Hunt , who you played with last year as he will be Hooker .Norman , who is now the 5/8 will be your halfback

Gaz
Huh ?

Norman has now shown us all he can close out a game in a calm and professional manner.

Against Newcastle, Dufty will show us how he has progress compared to the last few games in 2018. If Dufty fails, members on here will be clambering for a replacement fullback, probably Lomax.

getsmarty

Immortal
Sorry guys...but I did state on here before the season started that McGregor would be extended...( Preseason prediction thread )...They have been in talks since last year...Let's just hope its not 3 years...that was the sticking point...we are stuck with McGregor for at least another 2 years after this year............

Board really believe that he can deliver a premiership.....

getsmarty

Immortal
Maybe so however, I am very interested to know if you support this decision.

With all due respect, I have stated my opinion clearly on many occasions...But I will state it again

..I was never for him getting the job in the first place...was against the last extension and I am against extending him now...nothing personal against McGregor...I just think there are better options available who can win us a premiership.........

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
You obviously haven't followed anything I say...I was never for him getting the job in the first place...was against the last extension and I am against extending him now...nothing personal against McGregor...I just think there are better options available who can win us a premiership.........

Precisely.

hazzbeen

Bench
Sorry guys...but I did state on here before the season started that McGregor would be extended...( Preseason prediction thread )...They have been in talks since last year...Let's just hope its not 3 years...that was the sticking point...we are stuck with McGregor for at least another 2 years after this year............

Board really believe that he can deliver a premiership.....
Law of averages , if he is there long enough he might .... But F**k me how many years does he need ....... ?