What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Happy MEel

First Grade
His views are with loggerheads with most of society at a time when we are trying to become more corporately attractive. I wouldn’t take him for $100k. He’s shown he can’t keep his archaic views to himself, and therefore is a public relations liability
TBH, I can’t see the NRL registering his contract. He’s too much of a risk to the NRL brand, particularly in light of their public support of the lgbti community.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/20/nrl-awarded-for-support-to-lgbti-community/

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
TBH, I can’t see the NRL registering his contract. He’s too much of a risk to the NRL brand, particularly in light of their public support of the lgbti community.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/20/nrl-awarded-for-support-to-lgbti-community/
There would be plenty of NRL players with some variation of these views. The difference I suppose is that they choose to either keep them to themselves or are way more sensitive with the way they make these views known.

I find the whole debate very interesting and no doubt balancing the right to religious freedom and free speech with upholding the rights of minority or marginalised groups is very very difficult for a sporting body.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There would be plenty of NRL players with some variation of these views. The difference I suppose is that they choose to either keep them to themselves or are way more sensitive with the way they make these views known.

I find the whole debate very interesting and no doubt balancing the right to religious freedom and free speech with upholding the rights of minority or marginalised groups is very very difficult for a sporting body.
It’s not hard to keep your views to yourself in public. Especially when the only people who care what you think are whingers looking to form a mob.

TheRam

Coach
Here's a tip how about us doing a Chooks and scouting the best up and coming centre in the juniors. Someone like Bronson Xerri and giving him an offer to good to refuse. Surely there is a junior that we can snatch that is a standout.

We from now on should be a very attractive club to play for. We have everything going for us. No other team in NSW at the moment should be able to compete with ALL that we have to offer. I read the other day that corporates that traditionally don't and aren't interested in sponsoring RL are now interested due to our new stadium.

This Stadium is a game changer for us and should temporarily see us jump the Roosters as the premier corporate preferred team. Until they get their new shiny Taj Mahal that is. Then they probably go to number one again, but not necessarily number one most attractive over all team to play for if we maintain our success. Parra should now be the number one destination club for all junior players to be part of.

We are the Broncos of this State now ffs. Only mismanagement can stuff that up.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah there wouldn’t be much demand for Bronson Xerri ffs

If you’ve heard of the player then every NRL club has already known about him for years. There isn’t a club that doesn’t hundreds of thousands on junior ‘development’ (poaching). It’s not like the 90s when you could find great value in talent spotting. These days the advantage is in knowing how much to offer a junior star (i.e. not too much or too little).

But I agree the stadium will be a big advantage. It’s only a matter of time before the Dogs and Tigers are playing there full time.

hindy111

Post Whore

If you’ve heard of the player then every NRL club has already known about him for years. There isn’t a club that doesn’t hundreds of thousands on junior ‘development’ (poaching). It’s not like the 90s when you could find great value in talent spotting. These days the advantage is in knowing how much to offer a junior star (i.e. not too much or too little).

But I agree the stadium will be a big advantage. It’s only a matter of time before the Dogs and Tigers are playing there full time.

It should have 1 game played every weekend there and should handle 2 if need be.
Neither will play fulltime there. Dogs will always keep a few at Belmore. Tigers must keep a few at Leichardt and Campbelltown. Otherwise may as well ditch those 2 clubs.

Gronk

Staff member
Here's a tip how about us doing a Chooks and scouting the best up and coming centre in the juniors. Someone like Bronson Xerri and giving him an offer to good to refuse. Surely there is a junior that we can snatch that is a standout.

Juniors like Xerri and the hooker brothers are super glued to clubs. We were lucky to poach Salmon.

Maybe you need to pay more attention to our juniors.

Here are the 2017 & 2018 NSW U18 Origin Squads

upload_2019-4-11_10-12-11.png

upload_2019-4-11_10-13-10.png

hindy111

Post Whore
Has any jnr been poached in recent times relatively cheap ? Kikau yes and Peachey.
Pangai Jnr perhaps but he spent 3yrs getting ready for NRL and now he there is wanting a mill....Tapine another but hardly a star.
Ponga is obvious but Cowboys knew it was coming. And knew he was a star.

TheRam

Coach

Yeah Jesse Ramien and Kalyn Ponga want to say hi. There are always great opportunities if you are good enough and smart enough to get the job done. Not saying it is easy mate, but it is definitely doable.

We just have to have the right people in charge that can make things happen. The best recruitment is done by the best money and people managers. Lets hope our team at HOF is up there with the best of them. So far he is doing a stellar job with Guth and Moses in particular.

hindy111

Post Whore
Ponga prob shot himself in foot. 4yrs at 700k.
Had he done a 2 yr deal worth around 550k and free to negotiate now he would demand well over a mill. I reckon he would get 1.2 tbh....

I do think NRL should have a rookie max earning capacity like nfl. That was clubs who bring juniors in can evaluate them at NRL level and get chance to put them in plans rather taking a huge risk on big contract or losing them.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah Jesse Ramien and Kalyn Ponga want to say hi. There are always great opportunities if you are good enough and smart enough to get the job done. Not saying it is easy mate, but it is definitely doable.

We just have to have the right people in charge that can make things happen. The best recruitment is done by the best money and people managers. Lets hope our team at HOF is up there with the best of them. So far he is doing a stellar job with Guth and Moses in particular.

I am going to go against the grain a little here. I reckon there is value to be had getting older guys that people disregaurd.
Juniors tend to get overhyped a lot and overpaid for potential. Happy to throw in our own juniors we produce and you tend to get a few cheap years or chase your Salmons,Stones,Mahoneys, Niakuores who would of been cheap and easier jnr targets...

Ramien would of costed over 350k. Ferguson was 500k and the best back in game on form.Imagine he was 24 and played like he was? He gets 750k.
MJ next contract might be around 300k and would offer a safe bet. Still strong, has speed and can play NRL level. I yet to see a heap of decline inn his physical side. Z.Lomax will cost more and may not perform at as high a level till finds his feet.

TheRam

Coach
Had he done a 2 yr deal worth around 550k and free to negotiate now he would demand well over a mill. I reckon he would get 1.2 tbh....

I do think NRL should have a rookie max earning capacity like nfl. That was clubs who bring juniors in can evaluate them at NRL level and get chance to put them in plans rather taking a huge risk on big contract or losing them.

That's a great point Hindy, as usual you got the goods mate. If the US(the land of litigation) can make that work then why couldn't we here in Oz?

Then we and the other development clubs could go about our business with some certainty of reaping the rewards at the end.

NRL way to slow between the ears for that one I'm afraid. As usual nothing is ever done to address any long term issues within the game just lip service. They want to relocate clubs, starve the likes of the non development clubs of pilfering the junior leagues for a while and see them run to better markets before they die. Stop the propping up all the time.

hindy111

Post Whore
Well look at D.Brown.

Warriors come out and splash this silly deal. We nurtured him and should atleast have a chance to see if he is NRL level before being held ransom and potentialy f**king your cap and roster for 4yrs by taking such a huge risk on an unproven talent.

Bazal

Post Whore

Maybe, but is it 700k a year?

It could just as easily be 400k, 600k, 900k, 900k for eg.

It's a shit load more than the Cowboys offered however it's split. And the Knights can always upgrade him anyway.

ash411

Bench
His views are with loggerheads with most of society at a time when we are trying to become more corporately attractive. I wouldn’t take him for $100k. He’s shown he can’t keep his archaic views to himself, and therefore is a public relations liability
This. All Day. Even if he paid us.

Latest posts