What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ex Dragons Doing Well At Manly

possm

Coach
Ex Dragons Addin Fonua-Blake, Reuben Garrick and Joel Thompson seem to be lapping up Des Hasler's coaching at Manly. If only our inept SGI management had the sense to keep these players and hire Hasler as our first grade coach when he was available.

Walpole

Juniors
Do you have any understanding of why Fonua-Blake was sacked? Nothing inept about it. Eventually the NRL will get to a point where blokes like him will be out after one strike and can "improve themselves" without the benefit of a big money contract for playing a game.

gitano

Juniors
Garrick lacks ticker to me. Hardly carving it up and wouldn't get a start at many other clubs at all.

Thompson was always quality for us.

FB yeah, nothing special and the reasons for his departure are known. Vaughn is 10 times the player, but lets not credit Mary or anyone else at the Dragons for that now...

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Ex Dragons Addin Fonua-Blake, Reuben Garrick and Joel Thompson seem to be lapping up Des Hasler's coaching at Manly. If only our inept SGI management had the sense to keep these players and hire Hasler as our first grade coach when he was available.
We’ve played more finals games since Thompson went to the Sea Eagles than we did whilst he was playing with us.

Fonua-Blake is a waste of space.

Garrick scored a try that even you could have scored.

I really don’t know what you’re whinging about..

jeffdragon

Bench
Garrick had bad hands. Fonua Blake had issues and thomo was looking for a long term deal.
Isn't Des one of the reasons Manly and Dogs had back ended contract and salary cap issues.

possm

Coach
Sorry Possm, you are way off the mark on this one.
Well bookmark this thread and re-visit it later in the season. I will make two predictions:

Hasler will prove to be one of the better coaches this year by lifting his team into the eight - ahead of the Dragons. I have seen enough already to see that he is a far better coach than Barrett who is a better coach than Mary.

AFB will be one of the rising stars in the NRL this year and Garrick will continue to improve each game under Hasler.

Glenn012

Juniors
Well bookmark this thread and re-visit it later in the season. I will make two predictions:

Hasler will prove to be one of the better coaches this year by lifting his team into the eight - ahead of the Dragons. I have seen enough already to see that he is a far better coach than Barrett who is a better coach than Mary.

AFB will be one of the rising stars in the NRL this year and Garrick will continue to improve each game under Hasler.
Three good players but I'd prefer Vaughan, T and K. Sims, Ravalawa and Pereira. Goes without saying I'd prefer Hasler (banned from back-ending contracts) to McGregor.

j0nesy

Bench
We turned Thompson into the quality player he is but couldn’t hold onto him because he wanted a long term deal. Not sure I’d trade any of our starting backrowers for him though.

I always like Garrick and would have held onto him. But he wasn’t settting the world on fire either. Still, I’d have him over Ravalawa.

There were other issues with Fonua-Blake.

Would have Hasler over Mary in a heartbeat though.

Walpole

Juniors

Who gives a shit if Fonua-Blake plays for Australia. Honest question - Do you understand why he doesn't play for us anymore?

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Josh Dugan?
Kurt Mann?
Hame Sele?
Nene McDonald? (until his very unfortunate injury)
Patrick Herbert?
Taane Milne?
Matheson Johns?

AFB well he was sacked for a serious breach, great he found a home at Manly, but has the makings of a real mindless twat that will spend more time at the judiciary than on the field.

Garrick has scored 2 trys. Periera has scored 4 and Rava 2, so are they also not doing well? Garricks problem has always been his defense, and that really hasn't changed.

IMI Thommo'sform has dropped off since going to Manly, yes a few good games here and there, but would swap our edge players Sims and Friz/Host for him.

But all-in-all this thread was just another veiled attempt at Millward bashing.

Unfortunately, it went down like a lead balloon.

Crush

Coach
Josh Dugan?
Kurt Mann?
Hame Sele?
Nene McDonald? (until his very unfortunate injury)
Patrick Herbert?
Taane Milne?
Matheson Johns?

AFB well he was sacked for a serious breach, great he found a home at Manly, but has the makings of a real mindless twat that will spend more time at the judiciary than on the field.

Garrick has scored 2 trys. Periera has scored 4 and Rava 2, so are they also not doing well? Garricks problem has always been his defense, and that really hasn't changed.

IMI Thommo'sform has dropped off since going to Manly, yes a few good games here and there, but would swap our edge players Sims and Friz/Host for him.

But all-in-all this thread was just another veiled attempt at Millward bashing.

Unfortunately, it went down like a lead balloon.
Nailed it.

The Friz

Juniors
We turned Thompson into the quality player he is but couldn’t hold onto him because he wanted a long term deal. Not sure I’d trade any of our starting backrowers for him though.

I always like Garrick and would have held onto him. But he wasn’t settting the world on fire either. Still, I’d have him over Ravalawa.

There were other issues with Fonua-Blake.

Would have Hasler over Mary in a heartbeat though.
This is not true. Thompson was already a quality player whilst at the Raiders. The Dragons didn’t make him at all.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Garrick lacks ticker to me. Hardly carving it up and wouldn't get a start at many other clubs at all.

Thompson was always quality for us.

FB yeah, nothing special and the reasons for his departure are known. Vaughn is 10 times the player, but lets not credit Mary or anyone else at the Dragons for that now...
Vaughan was good at the Raiders just not given a go and not wanted