What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pick your 15 man 2019 World cup squad + OFFICIAL SQUAD ANNOUNCED 15/4

Very silly some of these experts.

Stoinis is in the side off the back off one, admittedly excellent, big innings 2 years ago. International bowlers have since worked his plod out.

Now off the back off one innings Healy want Turner in as well.

And the lack of a clear all rounder alternative

TheParraboy

Staff member
They’re going to bring back our IPL players for warm up games? Those dates clash with the IPL finals, that’s very weird.

very weird, kiwis doing the reverse

FROM THAT ARTICLE
The Kiwis, who announced their World Cup squad last week, will be without nine members of that group due to Indian Premier League commitments, while Ross Taylor will be on county duties with Middlesex.

Australia meanwhile, are expected to have their entire World Cup squad present – barring injuries – for the unofficial 50-over clashes, to be played on May 6, 8 and 10 at Allan Border Field.

As such, it is likely that the matches will mark a return to Australian colours for former leadership duo Steve Smith and David Warner, who have not played for their country since the Cape Town scandal in March 2018.

Best team from the likely squad

Warner
Khawaja
Smith
Marsh
Finch
Maxwell
Carey
Cummins
NCN
Starc
Zampa

Somehow gotta get 10 overs from Maxwell, Finch & maybe Smith? I couldn’t play Stoinis, he kills momentum in that middle order. Would’ve preferred Handscomb over Marsh.

We bat deep, but we’re going to need Warner & Maxwell to explode. We lack big hitting.

TheParraboy

Staff member
RCB won their first match in the IPL the other day, Stoinis finally contributed with 28no from I think 16 balls, coming in at 4

I think he is there cause of his bowling option, which is dismal anyway. Just hope like the aussie team he can gain some good performances. We are gonna have to bat lower in the England than in recent asia series'

Timbo

Staff member
I feel pretty sorry for Haze. He's been 'rested' for a million ODI's in the last two years and now he's been dumped from the WC squad.

I wish JL was my mate so I could get a junket like Marsh.

Bazal

Post Whore
Handscomb very harshly done by.

Been very good with the bat, is one of our better fielders and is a decent keeper. Exactly the kind of squad player you want.

Darsh has been decent enough with the bat but that's all he does.

Fangs

Coach
Big question for me on S.Marsh with his fitness. The guy has been scoring ODI runs but he looks spent at the end of his innings when he scores big. He needs to be top 3 otherwise he won't keep up with the middle/lower order between the wickets. Would have preferred Handscomb or even Ashton Turner zzz.

Also, no back up keeper. Handscomb again was a smarter decision.

Wade > Carey. Too late now...

I like:

1. Warner
2. Khawaja
3. Smith
4. Fatman Finch Brooklyn Clan/S.Marsh (If Marsh then drop down past Carey if in after 25 overs)
5. Maxwell
6. Stoinis
7. Carey
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Richardson/Lyon
11. Zampa

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Haze harshly dealt with same with Handscum, who had done a great job in the middle order.

It’s a good side but it lacks the firepower and big hitting of some of the other teams.

Meth

Staff member
Quite amazed that Handscomb and Hazelwood miss out- victims of an embarrassment of riches, I guess.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Haze harshly dealt with same with Handscum, who had done a great job in the middle order.

It’s a good side but it lacks the firepower and big hitting of some of the other teams.

Unlucky but someone was missing out there are 10-20 bowlers we could have gone for.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Hazelwood is a weird one. Are they resting him from the world cup?

If he's not being selected through injury or form say so.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Haze doesn't really have any recent form or match fitness so its sort of understandable.

Latest posts