What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs Manly

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Hate to get ahead of myself but a solid win in this game would set up one helluva clash on Anzac day against the benchmark Roosters, a loss though would take wind from our sails and not in the most positive mindset going into that huge match at the SCG. Fingers crossed they can keep the momentum going and dispose of Manly without too much fuss.

getsmarty

Immortal
24-hour warning: Round 6 v Sea Eagles
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Fri 19 Apr 2019, 07:30 PM

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has amended his squad to 19 ahead of the Dragons' Round 6 clash against the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles at WIN Stadium, Wollongong on Saturday, April 20.

Lachlan Timm and Jonus Pearson are the two players to drop out of the initial squad named on Tuesday.

NRL squad for Round 6 v Sea Eagles –

1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by Dynamic Projects
2. Jordan Pereira – sponsored by SMAI
3. Euan Aitken – sponsored by University of Wollongong
4, Tim Lafai – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by Illawarra Mercury/St George & Sutherland Shire Leader
7. Ben Hunt – sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
8. James Graham (c) – sponsored by EFEX
9. Cameron McInnes (c) – sponsored by Floormania
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by My Muscle Chef
11. Tyson Frizell (c) – sponsored by Val Morgan
12. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
13. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski

Interchange:
14. Jeremy Latimore – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
15. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Tosich Group
16. Jacob Host – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
17. Luciano Leilua – sponsored by Domus Lighting
18. Mitch Allgood
19. Jai Field

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/04/19/24-hour-warning-round-6-v-sea-eagles/

gitano

Juniors
Should get it done here. The boys will lift on the back of straight shooter's exit from the forums

Life's Good

Coach
Provided we don’t get ahead of ourselves & think the job is done (based on our record vs. Manly)I can’t see us losing.
They’re definitely weakened but our focus should be on the likes of Vaughan & Sims punching holes in their line with the likes of Dufty & Hunt pushing up to take advantage.
Worry about our own game & we will win well.
Go Saints.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Target Garrick and Parker in attack. That is my message to the team. Cant wait to get out to watch

BLM01

First Grade
Gameday.
Weather is great.
Come a long and support the mighty dragons. It will be a hard game but we should prevail. Don't forget to be there early and watch CC cup
Yeh good idea Samy but I am going for a decent feed 1st at the Builders Club and get there for the main game. Keep us updated with scores please whoever is there for reggies.

BLM01

First Grade
That will work but to smash through them in the middle will also work.
That wont work cause Manly are are tough pack in the middle even withnout AFB,
Their defense out edges and wide is their achilles. Run at DCE and Elgey all night too and the gaps will appear.
Their back 5 except for maybe Tarfua are as weak as p....ATM
You can bait that Moses Suli all night into giving away penalties.

possm

Coach
The plan will be the same as last week, only this week Mary will be up against Hasler who is one coach who CAN make adjustments to the game plan as the game unfolds.

I hope we win and win easy. Don't care by how much because we have a short turn around for the ANZAC Day match against the Rooster on Thursday.

No injuries to our players please.

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Hate to get ahead of myself but a solid win in this game would set up one helluva clash on Anzac day against the benchmark Roosters, a loss though would take wind from our sails and not in the most positive mindset going into that huge match at the SCG. Fingers crossed they can keep the momentum going and dispose of Manly without too much fuss.

Loss...wait...tonight...against Manly?

Saints have owned those pricks since 1947.

Ain’t going to happen.

Wash your mouth out with soap.

BLM01

First Grade
Mate
I'm already at the ground I'm on call but will get the cc score to you when I can.
Enjoy your lunch.
I'm staying at the Novotel so enjoy the game
Samy..Lunch?.. I am talking an early dinner at 5.30-6
I hope we all enjoy the game

As I said before with their back 5 if we dont win this game I am going to start a Sack Mary Topic.
Then I look over our back 5 and think..yeh...na....first game at WIN..got to be specials.

BLM01

First Grade
Sorry BLM of dinner
Since your on ground Samy..why dont you practice your Ben Hunt chip and chase in front of an empty stadium and score a runaway try. ;)
And if you can just get behind the game day electronic message board and just before we run out get a sign up that says the majority of St George supporters are disappointed that Mary has been extended.