What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Roosters

kit66

Bench
Understand keeping a winning 17 together but I do feel Rava needs to go and Lomax in... Rava will be targeted in a big way and whilst he can finish a move he can’t catch a high ball in defence.. added against the roosters we will need the extra forward on the bench and would be tempted to give Lachlan Timm a shot

Timm has been playing really good footy against quality sides in reserves, making big metres, I'd love to see him get a run in firsts - if he was on the bench instead of a utility back he'd be more likely to get a run.

possm

Coach
Timm has been playing really good footy against quality sides in reserves, making big metres, I'd love to see him get a run in firsts - if he was on the bench instead of a utility back he'd be more likely to get a run.
Yes I really rate Timm. Both Timm and Kerr (who is out injured at the moment) should be in the 18) with Latimore to Canterbury Cup.

Bench
Aitken
Host
Kerr/Timm
Leilua

Last edited:

LINESPEED

Juniors
Jeremy Latimore is solid but does not offer anything when coming on. We need someone Young with enthusiasm that threatens to break the line and put pressure on the opposition

Josh Kerr must be out of favour or coming back from injury.

He can bend the line more than Plod ever will

At least Lachlan’s on the radar

Glenn012

Juniors
Keary being out helps....but they still will be hard to beat....no cheap turnovers this week fellas and less drop outs thanks
It helps insofar as Mitchell is playing out of position but to be honest, I don't buy the hype around Keary. He plays well when Rorters forwards are dominating but I was interested to see how he would go against our superior forwards. I backed him to stink it up like a certain 5/8 did for us in tough games for many years. But we need JDB and Sims back to really ram home the advantage over the Rorters, Melbourne and Canberra.

j0nesy

Bench
Understand keeping a winning 17 together but I do feel Rava needs to go and Lomax in... Rava will be targeted in a big way and whilst he can finish a move he can’t catch a high ball in defence.. added against the roosters we will need the extra forward on the bench and would be tempted to give Lachlan Timm a shot

Exactly, we’re playing well but there is room for improvement. I think we’re lacking the following:
1. Impact off the bench - Lats should make way for Timm
2. A goal kicker
3. Security on the right wing - Lomax addresses 2 and 3

So for me, Lomax in for Rav and Timm in for Lats. That’s not much change at all, so shouldn’t upset the combos and will put us in a much better position to beat the roosters

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
It is like Mary and our club have some kind of hierarchical system in place, where the older more experienced players get the nod over the young up and comers. It even appeared that way, when Doust signed Brett Morris, Nightingale and Dan Hunt to marquee contracts back in 2012 or so.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Yes I don't understand Mary's stance on this. If he swapped Aitken and Lomax, he could always bring Aitken back on the field if he was not happy with Lomax's performance.

I'm sure Mary is aware of this but is just plain too stubborn to accept that Lomax may just shine at right centre.

The simple fact that he is a certified kicker ensures that he must play.
How the fudge he isn't picked for that reason alone defies me.

TruSaint

Referee
Apart from the obvious fact that Euen has a mortgage on one centre spot, ahead of Lomax, It does my head in that now Gaz is out, we dont have a top line goal kicker.

How many f&...g games are won by 2, 4 and even six points. Refer back to past few seasons where we have kicked our way to victory. Like it or not, goals are worth half a fricken try.

Lafai has earnt his spot so far purely on form. We need a goal kicker at around 80%. Thats not Tim.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Aha I admire your optimism.

...............But I'm also very confident that, regardless of the result, Robbo will once again time our run to the finals better than Mary.

Chuck Falkner with the late news, buddy.

Yes, a group assessment from Ray Charles & Stevie Wonder can foresee Robbo with one hand tied behind his back and hobbling on one foot, is streets ahead of Mcgregor.

So, in relation to the game................... if the teams are even in the run up to fulltime, its either going to be a moment of brilliance from a given player or smart management from the coach.

If thats the case, you can collect now but something tells me we might be in there with a chance.

It all augers well for a great game.

I NEVER wish my opposition 'good luck' because to be honest, l don't mean it.
We need all the luck we can get.
I DO wish them an enjoyable game for both of us.

ALSGI

Bench
Chuck Falkner with the late news, buddy.

Yes, a group assessment from Ray Charles & Stevie Wonder can foresee Robbo with one hand tied behind his back and hobbling on one foot, is streets ahead of Mcgregor.

So, in relation to the game................... if the teams are even in the run up to fulltime, its either going to be a moment of brilliance from a given player or smart management from the coach.

If thats the case, you can collect now but something tells me we might be in there with a chance.

It all augers well for a great game.

I NEVER wish my opposition 'good luck' because to be honest, l don't mean it.
We need all the luck we can get.
I DO wish them an enjoyable game for both of us.
Well said OKB1, spoken a like a true gentleman of our age group.
I still reckon f**kc em, destroy the rorting maggots.
I’d love nothing more than to see Robinson have another monumental sook about the refs.

kit66

Bench
Keary being out helps....but they still will be hard to beat....no cheap turnovers this week fellas and less drop outs thanks

Keary's a huge loss for them, he's been more lethal in attack than Cronk and leads the comp with 9 try assists. I'll be glad we won't have to contend with his bombs as well, he's been terrorizing his oppositions all year.
We're in this, if our forwards can give Hunt and Norman some room and time we'll be very competitive. Easts are traveling well but they've only won one game more than us and scored a few more tries. Their defence has been no better than ours but ours seems to be improving each week. It'll be tough but no way is it an impossible task.
Is Host 100% fit for this game, I find it hard to believe he'll have recovered in just 5 days ?

Keary may be our but Cronk is the real danger.

Their forwards are very strong.

Mitchell is playing so well I doubt it will matter where he plays.

Hopefully Frizell and Host will be fit enough to play.

Would like to see Timm or Kerr given a bench spot.

Ravalawa and Aitken will need to lift a couple of levels for us to be competitive.

It’s a game we can win if all the stars align.

Hunt and Norman to guide us to another narrow win.

hazzbeen

Bench
If Rav can get through this game without to much drama , then I think we will give it a good shake .... In saying that ,I'm not wishing this but this is where Rav will be found out .....