What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs Eels

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I don’t get this team. Wouldn’t it be better to have a utility on the bench rather than just a centre? Can Aitken play half, five eighth, or hooker if needed?

Mickthedragon

Juniors
It's just player rotation
It will be Jordy next week
Agreed, this is Marys grand plan for fatigue management in full force but it should be happening anyway and Pearson should be getting a shot instead of Rav. The backs are not the ones that need fatigue management, hello Mary, its the fwds. But maybe he is going to start that in a few weeks in some other games. Can only hope Lomax has a blinder and forces the issue at centre now.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I don’t get this team. Wouldn’t it be better to have a utility on the bench rather than just a centre? Can Aitken play half, five eighth, or hooker if needed?
Aitken is better suited to playing backrow than Lomax or Mann were. He can cover centre if there is an injury to a back, which would then force a reshuffle of our backline if it was to fullback, wing or one of our halves.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Aitken is better suited to playing backrow than Lomax or Mann were. He can cover centre if there is an injury to a back, which would then force a reshuffle of our backline if it was to fullback, wing or one of our halves.
I don’t see him as a back rower. Back rowers are supposed to be good at tackling. Something that Aitken is not.

hazzbeen

Bench
I sure hope not but there could still be a shuffle before kickoff. When Lomax takes the field in the run on team I'll be happy.
Thinking the same thing , hope there is no reshuffle before kick off . On Aitken said way before this bring him on in the forwards . He is a strong runner of the ball , he wont have to pass the ball which will suit him . Most tackles for him will be mainly head on , wont have to read to much in defense, could become a good second row or lock ........

slippery5

Juniors
Or possibly there are not many in the club to replace him with. Algood ? Meh. Kerr? He seems to have disappeared. Anyone else who is NRL ready?
Timm has more speed & leg drive then Plodder ever has & is only 22, reports he has been going great guns in CC surpassing Kerr, which is why his name is on the extended bench ahead of him.
If you get chosen purely on who has more to offer with a bit of 1st grade experience before the pointy end of the season than surely Timm has to get a start.

Old Timer

Coach
Thinking the same thing , hope there is no reshuffle before kick off . On Aitken said way before this bring him on in the forwards . He is a strong runner of the ball , he wont have to pass the ball which will suit him . Most tackles for him will be mainly head on , wont have to read to much in defense, could become a good second row or lock ........
Edit:
Rava must have learnt shit loads during the week to earn his spot back.
Good to see Lomax get his chance but of course he has Rava outside him so that complicates the issue whereas a really good winger would get lots of benefits of Lomax.
Now to the bench sigh
We still have constable plod and to back him up we have a bloke who has been dropped from the centres (how dare they do that to the SOO contender) and people thinking he can mix it in the forwards a position he hasn't played at NRL level.
To top it off we have the musical chairs caper still going on in the 13 jumper with Lawrie 1 week then Host the next then Lawrie again and all the time us playing a prop down and trying to make edge players cope in the centre of the paddock.
Coach just couldn't get his head round drop the winger, drop the centre, drop the plodder he had to complicate it as usual.

possm

Coach
Edit:
Good to see Lomax get his chance but of course he has Rava outside him so that complicates the issue whereas a really good winger would get lots of benefits of Lomax.
Now to the bench sigh
We still have constable plod and to back him up we have a bloke who has been dropped from the centres (how dare they do that to the SOO contender) and people thinking he can mix it in the forwards a position he hasn't played at NRL level.
To top it off we have the musical chairs caper still going on in the 13 jumper with Lawrie 1 week then Host the next then Lawrie again and all the time us playing a prop down and trying to make edge players cope in the centre of the paddock.
Coach just couldn't get his head round drop the winger, drop the centre, drop the plodder he had to complicate it as usual.
I'd say that Ravalawa is going to be looked through the lens of hime being outside Lomax. I supposed that it is hoped he will do better with some clean ball. In addition it will be hoped that he and Lomax will improve the right side edge defence.

LINESPEED

Juniors
I sure hope not but there could still be a shuffle before kickoff. When Lomax takes the field in the run on team I'll be happy.

Yep

For me #3 has always been the number of the Magic Dragon - a symbol of the Club

And it’s been disrespected for 5 years

At last we have a footballer worthy of the number

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Yep

For me #3 has always been the number of the Magic Dragon - a symbol of the Club

And it’s been disrespected for 5 years

At last we have a footballer worthy of the number

True that, mate.
Let's just hope he steps up.
If he does, its his for a long time.
If he doesn't, he's going to play 'bench shuffle' for some time.
We need McGregor to give Lomax as much time as Rava has had, to make the centre spot, his.

hazzbeen

Bench
Edit:
Now to the bench sigh
Old Timer agree with all , on Aitken if he has to be in the side , rather he is dropped, he may be suited better in the fowards . I am not convinced center is his best position . Anyway over to Super Coach he will work it out......

slippery5

Juniors
Agreed, this is Marys grand plan for fatigue management in full force but it should be happening anyway and Pearson should be getting a shot instead of Rav. The backs are not the ones that need fatigue management, hello Mary, its the fwds. But maybe he is going to start that in a few weeks in some other games. Can only hope Lomax has a blinder and forces the issue at centre now.
Lomax's performances in the finals last year didn't seem to matter in regards to forcing his way into the starting team this year, so I do not believe this is a forgone conclusion.

Gareth67

First Grade
Remember Ken Maddison anyone ? One of the toughest centers in the game in the 60’s , when he slowed a bit they put him in the forwards as a 2nd rower and was still great . Not suggesting for a moment that is the case with Atkin as defense wise they are like chalk and cheese .

However perhaps the change may make him a better all round player . He will have plenty of tackling practice there that is for sure , so the move may be advantageous for him and the team , it is certainly worth a try .

Latest posts