1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Round 8 vs Eels

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by getsmarty, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Carlton

Carlton Juniors

Its right in line with the rate the other forwards are working. My point being you cant fault him on stats.

2. LINESPEED

LINESPEED Juniors

IMO there are still plenty of closet Waterboy supporters out there
    - and they’ll tend to support his selections, whatever they are.

Conservative thinking accounts for 50% of our population & therefore 50% of our fanbase at large

And that’s all OK

It’s just that change is a difficult
    phenomenon, and usually incremental & ‘ponderous’ for many.

It takes a mover & shaker to come into a club & clean it out & win a title (aka Bennett 2009).

We note with a degree of horror now that one of the first he shafted was Waterboy?

So Plod & Turnstile will be in the 17 in some capacity for the next 16 rounds.

It’s the penance we pay for Brian Johnston’s stupidity

3. Warabrook saint

Warabrook saint Juniors

We need someone to work twice as hard if they're only going to be on the field for 26 minutes. But I guess that's too hard for supercoach to figure out and impart on to his chargers

blacksafake and LINESPEED like this.
  4. Carlton

Carlton Juniors

Sounds good but doesn't work that way. He isn't doing a terrible job, there are other areas that are more of a problem.

5. Warabrook saint

Warabrook saint Juniors

Yeh they're all bludgers

6. Warabrook saint

Warabrook saint Juniors

Look at Bellamy saying he'll have to look for other players because the current are getting slack

7. Carlton

Carlton Juniors

What sort of a nonsense statement is that?

The simple fact is as a low cost forward he is producing some stats on par with the average for our forward pack. Like it or not he is not the reason we have lost games, Dufty makes some huge blunders and excuses are made for him, Latimore does a reasonable job as a prop and is criticised.

As I have said, I would like an upgrade on Latimore but keep it in perspective.

SGMax likes this.
  8. Warabrook saint

Warabrook saint Juniors

What would you call last week's second half effort?

9. Carlton

Carlton Juniors

I would call it 26 minutes, run for 51 meters from 5 runs, made 20 tackles missed 2 and had no penalties or errors. This didn't lose us the game.

10. possm

possm Coach

Ave 10m per run, no line breaks, no off-loads and I imagin, no to very low post contact metres. I am absolutely sure that Timm and Kerr could do a better job.

Warabrook saint likes this.
  11. Carlton

Carlton Juniors

Maybe they could Possm and I have said i would like to see them get a start. The fact is though Latimores stats are still better than some of our other forwards eg LL, Lawrie's total numbers are higher due to minutes played but his average numbers are lower.

Stats aren't everything but they do provide a bit of an insight into what is happening.

possm likes this.
  12. dragon thomo

dragon thomo Juniors

I would give Timms a run in front of Kerr and Latimore. You can never have enougth quality forwards. I think there is quite a few quality forwards and backs that are going to be on the market in the near future as there is some under performing teams that will be shedding players in the next month.
    Some coaches are going to make drastic changes fairly soon if they cant turn there season around.

Warabrook saint and possm like this.
  13. slippery5

slippery5 Juniors

Timmsy would have been a great opportunity to play NRL debut in front of his family & friends, he would have played at 100 mph, unlike the V Dub man.

Warabrook saint likes this.