What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

IFR33K

Coach
No I expected the club would know that six games means f**k all. You can look at it as a 67% win rate but the reality is it’s a 50% win rate +/- one win.

If we’re still hovering around 50% by mid year will we keep him? I’d say we should, but the club has a fair bit of info that I don’t have.

Anything can happen from now till June. We could win our next 4 straight then hit the wall losing the next 5. Or vice versa. The result could go either way, would giving BA another few games make a huge difference?

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Anything can happen from now till June. We could win our next 4 straight then hit the wall losing the next 5. Or vice versa. The result could go either way, would giving BA another few games make a huge difference?

I’m not worried a bit the next few games, I’m sure either way the club has likely made their mind up or damn close to it. What I am happy with is the club has drawn a line in the sand to a degree with recruitment and retention and aren’t being bullied by the media. I reckon that a few years ago, Gutho would’ve been re-signed but on 750k because we’d have caved.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes, for that exact reason. If we're good enough to win half our games (as I suspect we are) it is less likely to be skewed by a brief patch of good or bad form (or difficult/easy opponents).

So, let's say we re-sign BA for 3 years today, and we do lose our next 5 games and we have 4 wins from 12 games, following a very disappointing 2018. And it would be perfectly possible that the 4 wins could turn out to be against teams in the bottom half of the table by that time. Are you going to pat the board on the back and say 'well done'.

12 games seems a reasonable sample to me....you've played most teams in the comp by then, and you have some evidence as to how well those teams are going in the comp.

hindy111

Post Whore
About 12 mate. This week I'm heading out on the M2 via the harbour tunnel, so you'll need to stalk some other merkin.

I am catching the train. Just doing my part for the environment.Untill electric cars are in of course car pooling is just a great idea for planet earth.
Stay green Gronk

hindy111

Post Whore
I actually think BA is staying - no mail on it just an Avenger level gut feeling.

I have a feeling we might lose next 4 . Storm away after they played terrible last 2 weeks is daunting. Cowboys up nth and then Panthers... I reckon we are a chance at the 2 home games. Drop tomorrow and I can see a run of losses to the point tha t BA is punted. Win nagainst Saints and I would have more confidence he stays.

hindy111

Post Whore
You’d think the club would of re-signed him once we got 4-2 from 6. There seems to be a reason why they’re holding off. It doesn’t make sense.

We beat Panthers without Kikau and only in last 3 mins.
Dogs who are rubbish and we handed 2 intercepts.
Sharks who missed 3 or 4 stars
Tigers without Benji and Farrah who also where awful
We where pounded by canberra and knights
We gave Rooster a good game untill they stepped up a level.

I am not convinced on how good this team is yet. I want to see where at after the next 4 -6 weeks

IFR33K

Coach
We beat Panthers without Kikau and only in last 3 mins.
Dogs who are rubbish and we handed 2 intercepts.
Sharks who missed 3 or 4 stars
Tigers without Benji and Farrah who also where awful
We where pounded by canberra and knights
We gave Rooster a good game untill they stepped up a level.

I am not convinced on how good this team is yet. I want to see where at after the next 4 -6 weeks

We beat panthers only in last 3 minutes? We were in control entire game until MJ got binned.

Plus we’ve had our fair share of stars missing too.

IFR33K

Coach
So, let's say we re-sign BA for 3 years today, and we do lose our next 5 games and we have 4 wins from 12 games, following a very disappointing 2018. And it would be perfectly possible that the 4 wins could turn out to be against teams in the bottom half of the table by that time. Are you going to pat the board on the back and say 'well done'.

12 games seems a reasonable sample to me....you've played most teams in the comp by then, and you have some evidence as to how well those teams are going in the comp.

My point is when he should of been sacked he wasn’t. Leaving it till later on in the year may cost us a signing or two.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
It's also more than likely that BA will be extended or sacked on the basis of not just on the field performance. I'm sure the board will want to see evidence of a whole list of indicators off the field. As always, it's what's going on under the water that is the most important. The on field results are a follow-on from this.

Glenneel

Bench
I’ve got a feeling Arthur is pretty much gone. Part of Gutherson’s contractural silly buggers is trying to pressure the club to re-sign his mate Arthur.
Who do you reckon we'll go for then, Flanagan? At least he'll put some mongrel into the team. Liked their response to defeat the Storm last nite. Also liked how young Flanagan played and miles ahead of Deardon's display for the Broncs.

Glenneel

Bench

Exactly, our form against the top sides is a good indication of where we are. Currently we have lost 2 games against top 8 sides and lost poorly against a cellar dweller. Not a great resume' from BA so far and imo not worthy of a contract extension. I'd even go as far as not making a decision until end of July when we'll have better idea of the side as they play more top teams.