What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perth Bears or bust?!

Pippen94

First Grade
Pretty clear if there is a team out west the NRL is demanding it will be the bears. NRL hasn't spoke to cumins & his supposed bid, with a quote in the media that they haven't received directions.

Vlandys spelt it out in telly article today: bears relocation is only option.

I'm getting the feeling Vlandys knows Perth crew won't accept bears & this is a neat way to make them go away. Whatever the case can't see Perth happening given ultimatum.

Pretty clear if there is a team out west the NRL is demanding it will be the bears. NRL hasn't spoke to cumins & his supposed bid, with a quote in the media that they haven't received directions.

Vlandys spelt it out in telly article today: bears relocation is only option.

I'm getting the feeling Vlandys knows Perth crew won't accept bears & this is a neat way to make them go away. Whatever the case can't see Perth happening given ultimatum.
I think you're right. V'landys' comments led to Peter Cumins belittling the proposal.

The fact Cumins spoke about Western Australians' parochialism as a reason to not side with an interstate club begs the question whether there's any hope for the game in Perth. NRLWA lacks the infrastructure to run a newly formed club, but the market won't accept a brand from another state that has juniors and brand value.

mongoose

Coach
I think the real question is:

Should the LU Expansion Sub Forum be merged with LU The Fight Club Sub Forum?

It could be called "The Dargon Forum - For All Hits and Misses"
Perth Red vs people who have have leased their heads out to Perth Red (Donkey, Pippen, wb1234)

Maximus

Coach
There was only 6 other threads this could have gone into this time. Surely it's time for this guy to be banished permanently to the cave.

Pippen94

First Grade
I’m a fan of png and yet it might not happen

life is not without risk

PNG relies on fed money. Nz2 has a small population base (although larger than titans, Canberra, newcastle or cowboys). Brisbane South is hindered by easts & jets not coming together.
Of course, Perth has the biggest knock against it with the great cost of being a club on the other side of the continent. Norths gives team some financial security but I'd be calling twiggy.

Homo man69

Juniors
Most homophobia is born out of repressed homosexual urges so you may be right after all.
You could of taken the high road and apologise. You're making fun of my sexuality, that's homophobia.
Btw it's my Nick name. I helped a kid after he was involved in a car accident and one of my friends jokingly said you're a superhero, you're Homoman. From then on everyone calls me homoman