What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 13 Team List Thread v Sharks

T.S Quint

Coach
The thing with Smith is he usually has a catastrophic error in him. I recall the game last year when "that kick" single handedly lost us the game then again with that bloody kick versus The Pennys that Cleary trapped easilly and gained posession then two plays later it was game over. Maybe he should have his kicking license removed.

“That kick” against the Dragons was f**king awful but it didn’t single-handedly lose us the game. It handed them an opportunity they shouldn’t have had, but it was the non-existent defence from the whole Parra team after the kick that led to that loss.

Gazzamatta

Coach
“That kick” against the Dragons was f**king awful but it didn’t single-handedly lose us the game. It handed them an opportunity they shouldn’t have had, but it was the non-existent defence from the whole Parra team after the kick that led to that loss.
Yep. Like it did against The Pennys. All good. Cant wait to see Will increase his kick numbers in the future. Practice makes perfect.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Mannah surely has to come back in, and more importantly Salmon for Smith.

Seriously was he even on the field on Friday night?

We didn't go down the left much because we were targeting their left edge where they had a second-rower defending at centre, we also had our best half on our right side. I doubt if we had Salmon playing we would've gone down the left much. Maybe if Dyl was playing we would have and targeted their half playing centre in his first game back from an ACL injury. We'll never know though.

84 Baby

Referee
Are Sharks full strength yet or do they still have 27 players injured? That’d be lucky for us considering we never have injuries

emjaycee

Coach
1. Clint Gutherson (c)
2. Maika Sivo
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Hoffman
5. Blake Ferguson
6. Will Smith
7. Mitch Moses
8. Kane Evans
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Junior Paulo
11. Shaun Lane
12. Manu Ma’u
13. Tepai Moeroa
Interchange
14. Peni Terepo
15. Ray Stone
16. David Gower
17. Marata Niukore
18. Brad Takairangi
19. George Jennings
20. Tim Mannah
21. Nathan Brown

Source: https://leagueunlimited.com/news/leagueunlimited-nrl-teams-2019-round-18/

Last edited by a moderator:

emjaycee

Coach
So no changes 1-17 with Brown added to the reserves in replacement of Alvaro.

I can see only Brown into the 17 replacing Stone as the most likely candidate although who knows really.

FFS, I'm gonna be sorely tempted to support the Sharks this weekend despite my allegiance traditionally leaning towards the Eels!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The advantage with having a utility like him is that you don't have to carry 2 or 3 average players to cover multiple positions in case of injury.

Yep that’s what some forget about Smith, yeah he isn’t a topline player but he provides good back up coverage in a range of positions, giving us some flexible in our squad structure.

Tooooks

Bench
Us at home.

1. Matt Moylan
2. Sosaia Feki
3. Bronson Xerri
4. Josh Dugan
5. Aaron Gray
21. Shaun Johnson
7. Chad Townsend
8. Andrew Fifita
9. Jayden Brailey
10. Matt Prior
11. Briton Nikora
12. Kurt Capewell
13. Paul Gallen

14. Blayke Brailey
20. Wade Graham
16. Jack Williams
17. Braden Hamlin-Uele

That's a strong looking lineup. If Sharks have better luck with injuries for the remainder of the season, they'll be right up there.

Eelogical

Referee
Hey! f**ken!

Why are we discussing it in here? The team has been announced, why haven't we locked this thread and moved to the post announcement discussion thread?

FFS!!!
As John Cleese once said, "I'm against stupidity but the world couldn't survive without it".