What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R16 Thu - Dragons 14-16 Storm @ WIN

Round 16: Dragons v Storm

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reflector

Juniors
a1cqmphbl9731.jpg

This right here will go down as one of the most iconic Rugby League images of 2019, if not the whole decade.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I neither like or dislike the Storm and I don't care how many games they win. However tonight I was annoyed they won by only 2 because we either need to improve our F/A and have other teams be just as crap as ours. Happy we're above the Dragons for now.. It's been pretty embarassing to be behind a team whose own fans love their coach so much they can't stop talking about him.. *cough*...

Uncle dookter

Juniors
Last week the refs send a bloke to the sin bin after a clear knock on and they come out and own up to getting it wrong.
Nek minute...
Enter Ben Cummins in the very next game to award a match winning penalty to the storm when clearly the chaser was offside...
well done NRL and the refs we have asked for consistency and you are delivering
Pathetic.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
MATCH REPORT - Storm 16 Dragons 14:

Storm prevail in dour Wollongong affair
Robert Crosby | July 4 2019 10:02PM

St George Illawarra Dragons v Melbourne Storm

A 75th minute penalty goal has seen the Melbourne Storm secure their seventh straight win, downing the St George Illawarra Dragons 16-14 in front of 5,578 supporters at WIN Stadium.

With a host of players unavailable due to representative commitments, the experience of Cameron Smith proved the difference for the vistors, with the evergreen hooker managing the wet conditions to perfection.

Read the full match report - https://leagueunlimited.com/news/33644-dragons-v-storm-report/

This Year?

Immortal
Well that stung.

After expecting a pasting from a 2nd string Storm side, I was surprised to see us stick with them right until the end. I'm so proud of our plodders right now, but also left with a gutwrenching feeling as it would have been a feel good story to see us win, but winning is not part of the culture in this club right now. This is a really dumb Saints side at times, with some small splashes of potential.

All I can ask for as a fan is to see the effort and commitment that they put in tonight.

Thank you to all the debutants and Canterbury cup players who put on a good game for the people that braved those conditions to be there tonight and congrats Storm on the win.

Generalzod

Immortal
They Should Rename the Melbourne team the Boring Storm... these manufactured arshole aided and abetted by Super coach Bellamy and wrestling technics ,chicken wing tackles f**king crusher tackles,their whole administration from the very beginnings have been given more giddy ups than Winks...

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
I neither like or dislike the Storm and I don't care how many games they win. However tonight I was annoyed they won by only 2 because we either need to improve our F/A and have other teams be just as crap as ours. Happy we're above the Dragons for now.. It's been pretty embarassing to be behind a team whose own fans love their coach so much they can't stop talking about him.. *cough*...
If the Storm (and Roosters, and Rabbitohs/Raiders but not both) win every game, it helps us because the requirement for 4th or 8th place is reduced. We also should hope the Warriors, Dogs and Titans win a few against the teams in the running, but not us.

pantherz9103

First Grade
They Should Rename the Melbourne team the Boring Storm... these manufactured arshole aided and abetted by Super coach Bellamy and wrestling technics ,chicken wing tackles f**king crusher tackles,their whole administration from the very beginnings have been given more giddy ups than Winks...

Maybe but I struggle to think of many teams in modern day NRL who are particularly entertaining. There's not exactly any 90's style Broncos and Raiders teams, or the Panthers of 2003 in this era. It's the era of 'Structure' and the Storm set the benchmark.

Latest posts