What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R16 Thu - Dragons 14-16 Storm @ WIN

Round 16: Dragons v Storm

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

big hit!

Bench
key for any club that doesn't want to be significantly disadvantaged during Origin - stack your team with Kiwi internationals, and try and sign Cameron Smith.

as with every single coach in the game, bellamy needs cattle. more importantly, he needs a bloke like C.Smith leading from the front. like Brady for Belichek, you know this guy is ruthless around the club, demands the same commitment to preparation and winning from his teammates as he holds for himself, and he has the smarts to get the ball to the right places on the field.

400 high quality games and not even including rep matches. that durability isn't fluked, that's doing the right things over and over again.

grouch

First Grade
key for any club that doesn't want to be significantly disadvantaged during Origin - stack your team with Kiwi internationals, and try and sign Cameron Smith.

as with every single coach in the game, bellamy needs cattle. more importantly, he needs a bloke like C.Smith leading from the front. like Brady for Belichek, you know this guy is ruthless around the club, demands the same commitment to preparation and winning from his teammates as he holds for himself, and he has the smarts to get the ball to the right places on the field.

400 high quality games and not even including rep matches. that durability isn't fluked, that's doing the right things over and over again.
Cameron Smith is incredible, ridiculous. His passing is the most precise I have ever seen - he never misses the mark. The ball is always delivered to exactly the right spot at the exact right time.

However, even when Smith retires, the Storm will keep consistently making the top 4 as long as Bellamy is there. You can spot it already. They lost Cronk, one of the great halfbacks, and made a grand final, and now BIlly Slater, probably in the top 3 fullbacks in history, yet here they are still 6 points clear on top of the ladder. Brandon Smith will slot in and they'll go on their merry way. I don't think it's a Brady-Belichick thing, it's more like Alex Ferguson.

thorson1987

Coach
Cameron Smith is incredible, ridiculous. His passing is the most precise I have ever seen - he never misses the mark. The ball is always delivered to exactly the right spot at the exact right time.

However, even when Smith retires, the Storm will keep consistently making the top 4 as long as Bellamy is there. You can spot it already. They lost Cronk, one of the great halfbacks, and made a grand final, and now BIlly Slater, probably in the top 3 fullbacks in history, yet here they are still 6 points clear on top of the ladder. Brandon Smith will slot in and they'll go on their merry way. I don't think it's a Brady-Belichick thing, it's more like Alex Ferguson.

I'm expecting a drop off when Bellamy leaves, but please don't let it be as bad as Man United.

thorson1987

Coach
So f**king original

tenor.gif

Apey

Staff member
How are the Storm 13-2?

They're not even that great.

Maybe the most unspectacular Storm team in recent memory.

It's an indictment on the quality of the comp.

I still think they'll get railed in the finals. Either bang-bang or in the Prelim.
They have a winning culture. One I'd kill for my club to have. Someone will probably step up and beat them in the finals. Theyre consistently good but other teams have a better best than they do. Even more true now with Slater gone as well.

some11

Referee
How are the Storm 13-2?

They're not even that great.

Maybe the most unspectacular Storm team in recent memory.

It's an indictment on the quality of the comp.
Most teams are beaten by them before they even walk on the field, the only ones who don't really fear them are the Roosters, Sharks and Bulldogs.

Other clubs are happy with mediocrity, and consistently play out of form players or re-sign straight up plodders and don't put enough faith in young blokes coming through the lower grades. Teams who hover around that standard deserve the pastings the Storm hand out.

So many bad f**king coaches going around who are complete frauds sucking on the NRL's funding tit until they get the sack and a huge payout.

Maybe I'm in the wrong gig.