What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger5150

Bench
On that subject do you think Madge would want to take on George Burgess? Personally I don't think much of him but he is a big human that can bend the line. Poor hands and we all know he is a grub but Madge has history and may be able to get some use out of him.

Id put my trust in Madge. he would know what he is really like. Bottom line if you got him cheap enough, he IS a big unit. Bit it would have to be on low money and he would have to want to put in, away from his brothers. Lots of "ifs".

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Mate South's supportes dont even want him ,let Parra pay overs for him.

I guess I must be getting desperate for a powerful prop suggesting Burgess. For all his good I have seen him have some shockers too. Just interested in what Madge might think.

For the same money we'd probably be able to buy that long haired prop who played for the chooks last Friday. Not overly big but friggin hell he runs hard and that is all I want from a pig. I wish Huth would run hard at the line, I think his first thought is get to the line and look for an offload.

I think his first thought is get to the line and look for an offload.
For so long now, think Galloway for starters, I have thought that our props first though't was,
gee, I hope they don't hurt me !!

I know I'm wrong, I know it takes plenty to play 1st grade it's just that we have all seen our powder puff guys just, 'take it up'.

I use to love watching Fuifui Moimoi when we had Galloway.

Happy with our current guys, would like to see them 'hurt' the defenders.

macnaz

Staff member
Eiso has always had a good offload, it seems as though it was coached out of him and is now only starting to be unleashed again. My thought is metres and an offload does more damage to defence than just meat heat hitting it up against meat heads . Offloads create far more, remember the ground we use to make from the bearded morons offloads ?

OldSchoolTiger

Juniors
Off loads work best when you have someone willing to rung straight and hard off the back of them. Our props want to run back to the safety on the bench. Disgusting.

Offloads position defenders in a defined small area. They carry an element of risk.

It would be good to see the percentage of failed offloads but more important to learn from the great practitioners of this dying art.

Back in the day, we had deep backlines and it was a thrill to see them work well.

Tigerm

First Grade
Interesting bit of comment from John Morris (sharks) about Shaun Johnson. IMO we need a bit of this from Madge.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...d/news-story/5d0e27e14c6747a1c9c2807b037fc47f

Speaking after the 24-22 loss to a vastly inexperienced Broncos team at Pointsbet Stadium, Morris said he could not keep repeating the same mistakes with his goalkickers, and opted to leave Kyle Flanagan on the field in Johnson’s place.

“Kyle showed with coming on and kicking our only goal today that he was our goal kicker, so it’s a bit frustrating that I’m making changes around goalkicking,” Morris said.

“You shouldn’t be thinking like that as a coach, you should be thinking about other parts of your game. At the moment we’re in a bit of a hole there.”

It’s the third game in a row the Sharks have scored more tries than their opposition but lost.

super_coach

First Grade
Interesting bit of comment from John Morris (sharks) about Shaun Johnson. IMO we need a bit of this from Madge.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...d/news-story/5d0e27e14c6747a1c9c2807b037fc47f

Speaking after the 24-22 loss to a vastly inexperienced Broncos team at Pointsbet Stadium, Morris said he could not keep repeating the same mistakes with his goalkickers, and opted to leave Kyle Flanagan on the field in Johnson’s place.

“Kyle showed with coming on and kicking our only goal today that he was our goal kicker, so it’s a bit frustrating that I’m making changes around goalkicking,” Morris said.

“You shouldn’t be thinking like that as a coach, you should be thinking about other parts of your game. At the moment we’re in a bit of a hole there.”

It’s the third game in a row the Sharks have scored more tries than their opposition but lost.

Madge, maybe through lack of options, seem committed to keeping Masters as our goal no matter how bad he kicks. Sadly the guy is long odds to convert anything that is near the side line and zero chance from the side line. Without doubt the worst regular kicker in the NRL. He just doesn’t seem to be able to adjust after a previous miss.

Anyway not convinced we have another option so maybe we are stuck with Masters

Pezz70

Juniors
Madge, maybe through lack of options, seem committed to keeping Masters as our goal no matter how bad he kicks. Sadly the guy is long odds to convert anything that is near the side line and zero chance from the side line. Without doubt the worst regular kicker in the NRL. He just doesn’t seem to be able to adjust after a previous miss.

Anyway not convinced we have another option so maybe we are stuck with Masters

If you’re gonna have Mbye in the side he should make himself useful and kick some goals

Tiger05

First Grade
Our goal kicking is a problem isn't it. It didn't help Morris though making that decision. We need to recruit someone who can fill the role. Ideally a lightning quick outside back who can kicks goals at 100%.

super_coach

First Grade
I have heard some whispers we are close to signing a young gun from a rival club, no name was given but if it is the player I think it might be our goal kicking woes will be solved. The player I am thinking of can play no1 or in the centres

tiger05premier

Juniors
I have heard some whispers we are close to signing a young gun from a rival club, no name was given but if it is the player I think it might be our goal kicking woes will be solved. The player I am thinking of can play no1 or in the centres
Current NRL player you are thinking of or lower grader?

tiger102

Juniors
Jesse Arthars?

Tiger05

First Grade
IMO, this should be the guidelines to all sports contracts.

According to Weidler, Pearce, instead of getting a payday from the Knights for making the Blues for the first time since 2017, will instead earn a bonus sum up to six figures if his club make the top eight which will increase further if they finish top four.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/22cb41575535c811a226c2d848309133

It's a good idea but you can't do that for every player. If we have success we will be over the cap.