What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 vs Panthers

getsmarty

Immortal
match-default-1736x350.jpg

Telstra Premiership Round 18 Panthers vs Dragons
Telstra Premiership

Round 18 - Friday 19th July 2019

Match: Panthers vs Dragons
Kick off: 7:55pm
panthers-badge.svg

home Team

Panthers

8th Position

dragons-badge.svg

away Team

Dragons

13th Position

#NRLPanthersDragons

Venue: Panthers Stadium

Match broadcasters

• Nine Network
  • Foxtel
  • LIVE PASS
  • KAYO
Ground Conditions: N/A

Weather: Fine

Buy Tickets
Stats
Current Season
Wins this season
50%

8/16

40%

6/15

Points Scored
home Penrith Panthers

away St. George Illawarra Dragons
Points Conceded
home Penrith Panthers

Completion Rate
71%

77%

Tackle Efficiency
86.8%

88.5%

Average Points Scored
home Penrith Panthers

Average Points Conceded
home Penrith Panthers

Average Play The Ball
3.36s

3.4s

https://www.dragons.com.au/draw/nrl-premiership/2019/round-18-panthers-v-dragons/

Dragonslayer

First Grade
5 day turn and team list out on Tuesday. Will there be any changes? Will McGregor have the balls to make changes. or do we get the excuse of yesteryear about maintaining "stability"

Well Lats looks like he will be out, which means Graham will come straight back in. I cant see McGregor making any changes other than this one.

5 day turn and team list out on Tuesday. Will there be any changes? Will McGregor have the balls to make changes. or do we get the excuse of yesteryear about maintaining "stability"

Well Lats looks like he will be out, which means Graham will come straight back in. I cant see McGregor making any changes other than this one.
So Graham and Widdop come in and we end up in the same position as we were when we started the season.
Where do we play Widdop? Where do we play Norman?
If Maloney is on song we will struggle again.

1 Norman 2 Dufty 3 Leilua 4 Lafai 5 Saab 6 Field 7 Hunt 8 Graham 9 McInnes 10 Lawrie 11 T Sims 12 Frizzell 13 K Sims 14 Host 15 Ford 16 Kerr 17 Vaughan
Caretaker Coach : M Head
Pearson, Ravalawa, Latimore, Maranta, Aitken stamped "Never To Play First Grade Again"

BLM01

First Grade
Cant wait will be the Channel 9 game Friday night.
Penrith going for 7 in a row and will have the points booked in. Time for a real upset.

getsmarty

Immortal
McGregor not giving up on title hopes despite dismal display
Author
Brad Walter NRL.com Senior Reporter
Timestamp
Sun 14 Jul 2019, 10:04 PM
walterbrad-head.png

After venting his frustration at St George Illawarra’s 36-14 loss to 12-man Canberra outfit at WIN Stadium on Sunday night, Paul McGregor still believes the Dragons can win the grand final.

With prop James Graham due to return next week from a broken leg followed by captain Gareth Widdop after shoulder surgery, St George Illawarra are nearing full strength at the right end of the season but it may be too late after a performance McGregor labelled their "worst of the season".

McGregor estimates the Dragons need to win six of their remaining eight games to make the finals and when asked if that was possible, he said: "Absolutely. I think we can win it."

However, the St George Illawarra coach qualified his comments by saying the team would need to improve dramatically on their lacklustre performance against Canberra in the team’s last home game of the season at their Wollongong base.

"I know that sounds unrealistic sitting here right now but that is how I approach every training session and every game," McGregor said.

"If we can bring our best performance we can win games and we can win a few in a row to play finals. If we are healthy, look out. But we have got a long way to go after tonight because that was disappointing."

Cotric sent off for spear tackle

With so much at stake against the Raiders, he was deeply disappointed the Dragons missed 54 tackles, committed 10 errors and conceded seven penalties.

After fighting back from 26-0 down before Raiders centre Nick Cotric was sent off in the 59th minute, the Dragons failed to take advantage of an extra-man advantage and conceded two tries before Matt Dufty raced 80 metres to score just before the siren sounded.

A win would have kept St George Illawarra two points behind eighth-placed Penrith, who they play at Panthers Stadium on Friday night, whereas the Dragons are now 14th ahead of only Canterbury and Gold Coast.

"I am not going to defend that performance at all, that was the worst performance of the season," McGregor said.

"It was just one on one missed tackles by our edges that led to tries, then some disciplinary areas around our penalties and fundamental errors that shouldn’t be happening.

"We have had our distractions this year but we had enough talent on the field today to win that game and we didn’t go close so we have to own up to that performance and change that because that is not acceptable.

remote.axd

Sign up to a FREE NRL Account and unlock this content. Creating an NRL Account is easy and will give you access to NRLTV, featured editorials, special ticketing offers, free competitions and much more.

Already have an NRL Account?
Not sure? Learn more about NRL Account

"It was the last game at WIN for the year and this is where they train every day, the importance of the occasion, we had the boys who played Origin, we had Tariq [Sims] back, we put in a good performance the week before and only lost by a penalty goal against Melbourne without nine players.

"We had every reason to go after the game tonight and we just didn’t.

"I think it was a performance that we have all got to take ownership for, the coaches and especially myself. I am at the forefront of that so we have all got to improve."

Panthers v Dragons
What will be the result of their round 18 clash?

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/201...ing-up-on-title-hopes-despite-dismal-display/

getsmarty

Immortal
ravalawa_rc1_2551.jpg

JUDICIARY

Ravalawa cited by Match Review Committee
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Mon 15 Jul 2019, 01:12 PM

St George Illawarra winger Mikaele Ravalawa has been cited by the Match Review Committee in the aftermath of the Dragons' 36-14 loss to the Canberra Raiders on Sunday night.

The Fijian international was charged with a grade one careless high tackle on Raiders skipper Jarrod Croker just before half-time.

An early guilty plea will see Ravalawa fined $1350. The Dragons have until midday on Tuesday to decide.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/07/15/ravalawa-cited-by-match-review-committee/