What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do we feel about Robbie Farah returning?

Front-Rower

First Grade
JT was an absolute cancer and one of the worst things that ever happened to the club. But FFS Robbie it was 4 years ago, you got your way. This week is supposed to be about celebrating your career and you want to drag this shit up? Seriously grow up man

It’s almost as if you don’t support Farah playing in the top grade around here, you don’t support wests tigers.

Tiger05

First Grade
Not only has the bus blown an engine but with our shithouse roster riddled with defects I can’t see how the bus can b repaired b4 ‘20 at the earliest.

I agree. The best case is slight improvements next year and so on. At some point we will have some cash but we can't blow out loads like we have in the recent Cleary past.

Tiger05

First Grade
It’s almost as if you don’t support Farah playing in the top grade around here, you don’t support wests tigers.

Geez mate. What did the guy do to you. I don't support Robbie playing on. I'm 100% behind the Tigers.

Your problem is you think the club is a shambles because of Robbie and Benji and that clearly isn't the case. It's almost like you are JT.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Geez mate. What did the guy do to you. I don't support Robbie playing on. I'm 100% behind the Tigers.

Your problem is you think the club is a shambles because of Robbie and Benji and that clearly isn't the case. It's almost like you are JT.

They are this generations problem. Our clubs have always been about the man before results on field.

Plus the way he treated Liddle last week was disgraceful and just went to prove again he is all about himself.

Fact is, we have no one better in that position atm.
I think that the SMH piece puts a lot into perspective about Farah and as you say, no one better now and in the past.

Farah, 35, has worked overtime to remain on the park after he injured his neck playing for Lebanon last month. He caused further damage a week later going low on Souths back-rower John Sutton.

"I keep getting pain down my arm, which isn't nice. I guess I could have done with a week off in between, but I'm trying to push through it and we need some wins,'' Farah said.

"My brother Eddie has been unbelievable. He works his arse off at the Rabbitohs, but he'll call me and will come to my house or dad's place and treat me late at night."

"Without him treating me, and with [physio] Pete Moussa here at the Tigers, the way those two have looked after me and got me through my career, especially the last couple of years when the body has had its issues, I can't thank them enough.''

He has apparently always played on when hurt and put the team 1st. Perhaps other Tiger players would have taken the week, who knows. Hopefully Liddle can learn about playing through the pain.

I actually thought that he would be playing his 300 at Leichhardt so good luck to him that it might be 301.

Maybe 301 and then for the rest of the year it's Liddle, I hope so.

Tiger05

First Grade
A section of our fans support Farah first, Tigers second

I think it's more a section of our fans hate Robbie with a passion. It's first hate Robbie and then second support Tigers. The hate is more important than winning.

I reckon Robbie is past it and he has had a lot of flaws in his game over his career but he has been one of our best players and he helped get us a premiership.

Tiger05

First Grade
They are this generations problem. Our clubs have always been about the man before results on field.

Plus the way he treated Liddle last week was disgraceful and just went to prove again he is all about himself.

Madge put them both on the field at the same time. That was poor coaching.

I don't think our club puts players above results or maybe better put no more than any other club. Thurston played busted for a season.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Wake up to yourself, you're starting to sound like your mate.
Fact is, we have no one better in that position atm.

Mate i love Robbie, he’s a club legend and our second best ever player. No matter what happens for the rest of his career that’s how I’ll think of him. However I treat him like I treat every other player in the squad, if he isn’t playing well I’ll say it. Since Round 2 I think his form has slowly disintegrated and is now downright terrible. I don’t believe he is the best option at 9 anymore.

I feel bringing up the past and having a pot shot at a dickhead coach is unclassy and childish. Look at how Benji handled his 300th when asked about his exit. They couldn’t be more different.

I don’t know why but It seems some of fans feel Robbie should be immune from criticism. They don’t even want to discuss it and attack anyone who dares to say he isn’t the best 9 in the world (yes a number still say he is better then Smith).

Congrats on reaching 300 games Robbie, it’s an amazing milestone and you deserve all the accolades that come with it.

Last edited:

The unknown

Juniors

Geniuses on the WT FB page reckon Liddle should play halfback over Brooks now cause he isn't good enough to displace Farah. Even though he's like a billion years old

Tiger05

First Grade
Mate i love Robbie, he’s a club legend and our second best ever player. No matter what happens for the rest of his career that’s how I’ll think of him. However I treat him like I treat every other player in the squad, if he isn’t playing well I’ll say it. Since Round 2 I think his form has slowly disintegrated and is now downright terrible. I don’t believe he is the best option at 9 anymore.

I feel bringing up the past and having a pot shot at a dickhead coach is unclassy and childish. Look at how Benji handled his 300th when asked about his exit. They couldn’t be more different.

I don’t know why but It seems some of fans feel Robbie should be immune from criticism. They don’t even want to discuss it and attack anyone who dares to say he isn’t the best 9 in the world (yes a number still say he is better then Smith).

Congrats on reaching 300 games Robbie, it’s an amazing milestone and you deserve all the accolades that come with it.

I agree with all of this. Robbie's form is terrible at the moment. I don't think he should be playing first grade now let alone go around another year.

Let him get his 300 games though. He has been great for us.

Tiger Ted

Bench

Btw my personal opinion is I’ve got RF as 3rd best player coz my no.1 is the peerless pommy beast & champion bloke Gareth Ellis.I so wish we could find a young GE in the nth of England.

Tiger05

First Grade
1. Benji
2. Ellis
3. Hodgo
4. Robbie

Robbie should be higher but he has hogged it too many times to the detriment of the team and at critical times.

Tiger Ted

Bench
1. Benji
2. Ellis
3. Hodgo
4. Robbie

Robbie should be higher but he has hogged it too many times to the detriment of the team and at critical times.
They r our top 4.Thing about GE is he was constantly stupendous.3 players player of the yr awards is very telling.

Tiger05

First Grade
They r our top 4.Thing about GE is he was constantly stupendous.3 players player of the yr awards is very telling.

GE was extremely consistent wasn't he. I can't remember him having a bad game. Benji was inconsistent all the time. He has been more consistent later in his career.

Tiger Ted

Bench
GE was extremely consistent wasn't he. I can't remember him having a bad game. Benji was inconsistent all the time. He has been more consistent later in his career.
So damn disappointing GE didn’t win a premiership with us.2010 was the one that got away.We were so unlucky in that magnificent prelim final v saints.

Shredder

Juniors
Surely Scott Prince is in the top players?

One of the few times we had a genuine half and we won a comp.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Surely Scott Prince is in the top players?

One of the few times we had a genuine half and we won a comp.

It still irkes me how he phoned in the 2006 season after signing with the Titans in the pre season. However yes his 2005 (and even 2004) was immense. Sometimes when I’m a depressed Tigers fan I throw on a 2005 Semi. You forget how good his kicking and organizing were. He had the ball on a string in late 05, every kick was inch perfect

I think it's more a section of our fans hate Robbie with a passion. It's first hate Robbie and then second support Tigers. The hate is more important than winning.

I reckon Robbie is past it and he has had a lot of flaws in his game over his career but he has been one of our best players and he helped get us a premiership.

Bullshit. I acknowledge Farah has been a great servant to the club and was a bright light in the shithouse years post GF. He will go down as one of our greatest on the field and rightfully so.

I personally didn't want him coming back as I felt it didn't allow us to move on, but when it was confirmed I supported the club in the decision because I always support the club first even if I don't like it. The club always comes first.

I for one can not wait until the last vestiges of 2005 are gone and this club and the fanbase can stop looking at the past and look to the future for once. Stop pining for the ageing champions of the past to deliver a fairytale again.

Latest posts