What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do we feel about Robbie Farah returning?

Tiger Ted

Bench
Im back baby....forced layoff instigated by Parra supporters.....A Bob Cooper type suspension
Welcome back !

I was wondering what the reason was for ur absence.
It’s unfortunate that ur return isn’t synonymous with the tigers turning their season around.However mediocrity at concord is invariable( the favourite word of the great Keith Barnes when he was commenting on the game).

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Welcome back !

I was wondering what the reason was for ur absence.
It’s unfortunate that ur return isn’t synonymous with the tigers turning their season around.However mediocrity at concord is invariable( the favourite word of the great Keith Barnes when he was commenting on the game).

Yes well,,,it hasnt changed much here...Been reading posts but have been unable to add or reply......
Lifes hard as a Wests Tigers supporter.....Knowing whats good and bad......
I know one thing though....The bus has blown an engine,and wont be replaced in 2018.

Touchy bunch those Parra supporters.....All i said was Bitch Poses is crap....Then im barred.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Yes well,,,it hasnt changed much here...Been reading posts but have been unable to add or reply......
I know one thing though....The bus has blown an engine,and wont be replaced in 2018.

Touchy bunch those Parra supporters.....All i said was Bitch Poses is crap....Then im barred.
Not only has the bus blown an engine but with our shithouse roster riddled with defects I can’t see how the bus can b repaired b4 ‘20 at the earliest.

Das Hassler

Bench

Touchy....sure are....i agreed with someone there that it was entirely possible (with the right attitude. ..and not just mathematically) for them to get to 15th. seemed to upset the ranger in there...oh well. ..so much for best wishes

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Bringing the ball out of our own end has been a shambles all year. We simply can't do it. As pointed out above we need bigger bodies. Possibly Morris boys and Fergo. From what you hear though they think they are worth the type of money I for one wouldn't want to pay..
According to reports, Fergo has signed with the Eels for $500k a year which seems reasonable for what he can bring. Having said that, now he has signed with them, we wouldn't want a low life grub like that who has feet for hands anyway. ;)

Tiger Woody

Juniors
According to reports, Fergo has signed with the Eels for $500k a year which seems reasonable for what he can bring. Having said that, now he has signed with them, we wouldn't want a low life grub like that who has feet for hands anyway. ;)

Agreed
Saved one of his best games for us last time we played the Rorters
Gee I hope they don’t win the comp.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Im back baby....forced layoff instigated by Parra supporters.....A Bob Cooper type suspension

Hey mate, how are you going? What did you get 3-4 months.

I heard your young bloke went well at his debut a few weeks ago. Signed with Canterbury, hey.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Hey mate, how are you going? What did you get 3-4 months.

I heard your young bloke went well at his debut a few weeks ago. Signed with Canterbury, hey.

yeah mate thanks......sledging in Parra Forum about Bitch Poses and got suspended....Back now though to reek carnage and tell it how it is..
Not happy Jack signing with Dogs...They are in dissaray.......Might start getting rent from him again..lol

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Tigers youngster Liddle willing to bide his time behind Farah again
By Adam Pengilly
22 August 2018 — 2:48pm

The man anointed the heir to Robbie Farah's Wests Tigers hooking throne has declared the former Australian and NSW representative could "easily" play on next year and extend his career into a 17th NRL season.

Jacob Liddle was cast as the Tigers' long-term option at No.9 when Farah left the club at the end of 2016, but having battled through two shoulder reconstructions he still has a thirst to learn from the veteran during his second coming at Concord.

The Tigers have offered Farah a one-year deal to remain at the club in 2019, which the 34-year-old is mulling over as the Tigers' finals hopes hang by a thread.

Farah and Benji Marshall could potentially play their last home games for the Tigers against Manly at Campbelltown on Thursday night given the uncertainty over their futures, but Liddle is convinced the Tigers' first-choice hooker is not done yet.

"He's killing it at the moment," Liddle said. "That's his decision whether he wants to play another year. [But] I think if his body is fine he could easily do another year. I've learned heaps off him. When I was around the club [towards the end of Farah's first stint at the Tigers] he was going through a few things and he had his mind elsewhere. It was really tough for him.

"He's come back and showed me a few things. I watch him at training on the field and you learn off him. He's still one of the best in the game."

Farah and Liddle have split time at dummy half for the Tigers in recent weeks, the latter used in short bursts to close the game as Farah shoulders much of the ball distributing burden.

But it doesn't mean 21-year-old Liddle, who has been restricted to just 25 NRL games over three years to date, doubts he's ready for more top-grade action despite his confidence taking a hit following a second shoulder surgery.

I think he understands what I've gone through and if it was anyone else [coaching] I might not have come out of it as well as I have
Jacob Liddle

Asked about the influence of Ivan Cleary on his return, Liddle said: "He's built my confidence up and given me time to get through those injuries. I think he understands what I've gone through and if it was anyone else [coaching] I might not have come out of it as well as I have.

"My body is feeling good which is the main thing. I probably haven't played as much as I've wanted to play this year, but it's all a learning process. Hopefully, I can build up in the off-season, but finishing off this year on the right note is the goal at the moment."

The Tigers have been relegated to just a mathematical possibility of making their first finals series since 2011 and need to topple the besieged Sea Eagles to maintain their slim hopes of featuring in September.

If they can do that and either the Broncos or Warriors lose to the Roosters or Panthers respectively, they will go into the final round of the season with a glimmer of hope.

"She's not over until the fat lady sings," co-captain Russell Packer said. "Mathematically it's still a probability, but it's very low.

"Regardless of what the other teams do we need to win both our remaining games. I'm pretty sure they're going to be coming to finish off their season well so we need to play better to win. Winning is our main priority regardless of the score."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ti...-time-behind-farah-again-20180822-p4zyyt.html

Tiger05

First Grade
That article makes me start to think Robbie should move on. We need a hooker though and so long as the best option gets picked out of both of them I think Robbie may be a better buy than a lot of other players.

Still I'm assuming that Liddle is going to be the main hooker throughout the year. We will have a dud year if Robbie gets a tonne of game time. His game went to pieces last week and he has looked shaky prior to that. If we are worried about Liddle making the grade we should go and get another hooker and not offer Robbie a contract.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
LOL, anyone who sledges JT is alright by me.

'I'm here; JT is coaching reserve grade': Farah's 300-game Taylor sledge

By Christian Nicolussi
July 23, 2019 — 8.30pm

Not even a couple of cortisone injections in his neck will stop Wests Tigers pin-up Robbie Farah bravely soldiering on to NRL game No. 300 on Friday night.
The tough-as-nails Tigers No. 9 will reach the magical mark in Newcastle, and revealed the club had only a few weeks ago planned to give him a week off to cope with the pain, which would have also meant his magical milestone was celebrated next weekend back home at spiritual Leichhardt Oval.

Farah bleeds black, white and orange and while forever grateful South Sydney threw him a lifeline when unwanted by the Tigers – or more specifically former coach Jason Taylor – it is a great shame he will not retire a one-club player.
Taylor famously told Farah during an emotional 2016 season had he stayed at the Tigers he would have finished his career in reserve grade.

"I wouldn't want to hear from JT anyway,'' Farah told the Herald on Tuesday when asked if he expected a congratulatory call.
"At the time I was told by him and 'Rocket' Reddy I'd finish my career in reserve grade. But I'm here now - 'JT' is coaching reserve grade [at North Sydney].''
Just like his good mate Benji Marshall, who celebrated his own 300th game last Sunday week, Farah would happily bypass all the fuss for the two competition points at McDonald Jones Stadium.
Farah, 35, has worked overtime to remain on the park after he injured his neck playing for Lebanon last month. He caused further damage a week later going low on Souths back-rower John Sutton.

"I keep getting pain down my arm, which isn't nice. I guess I could have done with a week off in between, but I'm trying to push through it and we need some wins,'' Farah said.
"My brother Eddie has been unbelievable. He works his arse off at the Rabbitohs, but he'll call me and will come to my house or dad's place and treat me late at night."
"Without him treating me, and with [physio] Pete Moussa here at the Tigers, the way those two have looked after me and got me through my career, especially the last couple of years when the body has had its issues, I can't thank them enough.''

Plenty of family and friends will make the trek up the M1 Motorway for Farah's big night, but Eddie will stay behind for Souths, who host St George Illawarra in the 8pm game.

Farah's late mother Sonia will be looking down, he said, but would have had a simple message for her boy.
"She'd have the shits and would have told me to quit years ago,'' Farah said.
"She would have seen me with the injuries and the pain I go through and shook her head and said: 'You're an idiot, why are you still playing?' I don't know if she'd be proud. She'd be like, 'bloody retire'.''
Speaking of which, Farah and the Tigers remain in no rush about a deal for 2020. The tip is Farah will call it quits and Marshall will play on.
Farah's understudy, Jacob Liddle, continues to bulk up and is understood to have already signed a new deal with the club, while Queenslander Jake Simpkins arrives in the new season with big raps.

Premiership winner Farah is already the most-capped Tiger, but it's fair to say he could have set a longstanding record had he not been forced to leave before his 2018 mid-season homecoming.
Damien Cook, the Souths, NSW and Kangaroos No.9, praised Farah for pushing his own game to new levels during his 18 months at Redfern.
"But to see him back at the Tigers, it put a smile on his face, it put a smile on the face of so many league fans, especially Tigers fans, and he knew he had some unfinished business,'' Cook said.
"I believe the Tigers are where his heart is. He loved his time here at Souths, but it's great to see him enjoying his footy where it all started. I can only wish him the best for his 300th.''
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/i-...s-300-game-taylor-sledge-20190723-p529xl.html

stryker

First Grade
Haha stick it up him Rob.
JT was the rankest piece of scum that ever darkened this club's doorsteps. He and Rocket Reddy were f**kstains from hell who have disappeared and rightly so. Rob is still mixing it at the top level. The last laugh is his.

Vic Mackey

Referee
JT was an absolute cancer and one of the worst things that ever happened to the club. But FFS Robbie it was 4 years ago, you got your way. This week is supposed to be about celebrating your career and you want to drag this shit up? Seriously grow up man

Tigerm

First Grade
JT was an absolute cancer and one of the worst things that ever happened to the club. But FFS Robbie it was 4 years ago, you got your way. This week is supposed to be about celebrating your career and you want to drag this shit up? Seriously grow up man
Suggest you read the article, the SMH asked the question, his response was appropriate IMO.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I'm sure the journo asked him about it & Farah just spoke his mind.

Suggest you read the article, the SMH asked the question, his response was appropriate IMO.

I’ve read the article. A simple ‘I’ve moved on from then’ or alike would have sufficed. It’s childish, unnecessary and again brings unwanted negative attention. This is really on your mind when you’re reaching this amazing milestone? F*#k me

super_coach

First Grade
It’s just hack jurnos stirring up crap to sell newspapers. Anyway Farah’s biggest worry at present is bending over and throwing a fast well directed pass, last week he looked like a bloke with a really crook back. Our backline needs very quick and direct ball if they have any hope of making a few yards

Tigerm

First Grade
I’ve read the article. A simple ‘I’ve moved on from then’ or alike would have sufficed. It’s childish, unnecessary and again brings unwanted negative attention. This is really on your mind when you’re reaching this amazing milestone? F*#k me
It appears you haven't as well.

Latest posts