What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Stallion

First Grade
Thursday night footy is proving to be the worst night for attracting a crowd. In fact the demonised Friday night 6pm is smashing the attendance figures of Thursday nights.

The NRL needs to grow a pair of balls at the next TV rights negotiations and set scheduling standards that they do not flinch on.

That should include games only to be played on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. If it cops a hit to revenue, so be it. The game as a whole is more important.

Pommy

Coach
The NRL needs to grow a pair of balls at the next TV rights negotiations and set scheduling standards that they do not flinch on.

That should include games only to be played on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. If it cops a hit to revenue, so be it. The game as a whole is more important.

So it’s more important to have the best talent in league playing French Rugby?

T-Boon

Coach
Channel 9. Fox. All the hangers on working in the NRL. Hot dog sellers. The NRL itself. Sportsbet. There are very many leeches sucking on the blood of NRL clubs.

useless members of club coaching staff such as assistant coaches, wrestling coaches, trainers, whatever that Phil Gould/Mal Meninga position is, and anyone other than the head coach and doctor.

Burns

First Grade
On the Knights:

Ticket sales do not look great for Newcastle, even factoring for the 6pm timeslot. There is a bit of a mood about the place that things have turned south form wise. The energy around the place in the lead up to the Roosters game etc has long disappeared. I think will be around 14,000.

TheFrog

Coach
useless members of club coaching staff such as assistant coaches, wrestling coaches, trainers, whatever that Phil Gould/Mal Meninga position is, and anyone other than the head coach and doctor.
Phil Gould works for Channel 9 and its subsidiaries. Mal needs a five year plan.

T-Boon

Coach
On the Knights:

Ticket sales do not look great for Newcastle, even factoring for the 6pm timeslot. There is a bit of a mood about the place that things have turned south form wise. The energy around the place in the lead up to the Roosters game etc has long disappeared. I think will be around 14,000.

Knights fans: “hold my beer”.

Reactions: Vee

Stallion

First Grade
Embarassing crowd look at the stadium in Sydney. Shame both clubs were not in the top 8. Surely this match was deserving of 25000 plus at least. They both have massive supporter bases !
Good weather as far as a winter's night goes as well!

forby

Juniors
Another sellout at Penrith! Imagine if we had a stadium like Parra!
I think Penrith have had more sellouts than any other team in the competition over the padt 3 or 4 seasons!

Billythekid

First Grade
That’s an amazing crowd. I think we’re going to see a lot more 6pm games in Newcastle going forward. The fans are showing up in numbers when so many other clubs can barely attract enough to fill a tent.

I don’t mind actually, it’s one of my preferred time slots for attending games.

Vee

First Grade
That’s an amazing crowd. I think we’re going to see a lot more 6pm games in Newcastle going forward. The fans are showing up in numbers when so many other clubs can barely attract enough to fill a tent.

I don’t mind actually, it’s one of my preferred time slots for attending games.
You're the one.