What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Each time get charge you get extra game.
Head highs are accidents. No player purposely does a head high.
1st one warning
2nd a week
3rd 2 weeks
4th 3 weeks.

Resists every 1 or 2 yrs.
Or option of a fine for players for finals games.
No fans want to see the best players out. Especially for an accidental head high. It's a physical sport. They will alway happen.

So you are doing away with "careless" and "reckless" charges ? Are all tackles that attack the head of a player the same or are some worse than others ?

Will there still be yellow and red cards during matches ?

With your fine system, does that mean that Les Boyd can break a merkin's jaw in the GF qualifier, pay the fine and get to play in the Big Show ?

Do all of your measures safeguard the NRL against litigation by players in the future with respect to duty of care / concussion ?

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Or option of a fine for players for finals games.
No fans want to see the best players out. Especially for an accidental head high. It's a physical sport. They will alway happen.
So in Rd 25 Manu can whack DCE and rule him out for the next week with concussion and only cop a fine. He can try and get the Turbo Bros while he is at it.

Glenneel

Bench
How did Sammy Burgess manage to escape suspension? Even his coach implied that it was an illegal tackle. Penrith would be dirty. And Moylan gets to sit out this weekend's game.
Because its not Parra, and favoured players get favourable treatment. If it was Terepo he'd get a month at least.

Glenneel

Bench
A bloke trips someone and gets 1 week and another bloke smacks someone in the head, knocks him out cold before he hits the deck and gets nothing...
Seems fair
#nrlcommonsensedoesntexist
Thought tripping was just a fine? Didn't Greenberg bring that in so Reynolds didn't get suspended all the time but has that been changed when he left the Dogs?

Glenneel

Bench
I want to know why he wasn't sent to the bin during the game...

Evans get sin binned after the Dragons players runs into his chest..

Alvaro get KO'd on the first tackle and the player that hit him high doesnt get sin binned...

Jennings gets binned for hitting a falling player high...

But Burgess is ok to play on?!?!?!
Rules for Parra and rules for all the other teams. Isn't Parra the only team to have players sent to sin bin for these tackles??? Shit we even get a player sent to bin for a non-high tackle, glad that didn't happen earlier to cost us the game.

hindy111

Post Whore
So you are doing away with "careless" and "reckless" charges ? Are all tackles that attack the head of a player the same or are some worse than others ?

Will there still be yellow and red cards during matches ?

With your fine system, does that mean that Les Boyd can break a merkin's jaw in the GF qualifier, pay the fine and get to play in the Big Show ?

Do all of your measures safeguard the NRL against litigation by players in the future with respect to duty of care / concussion ?

Yes

84 Baby

Referee
Rules for Parra and rules for all the other teams. Isn't Parra the only team to have players sent to sin bin for these tackles??? Shit we even get a player sent to bin for a non-high tackle, glad that didn't happen earlier to cost us the game.
I think Newcastle (I think?) also had a player binned for same rule couple of weeks back

Oscarman

Juniors
I think Newcastle (I think?) also had a player binned for same rule couple of weeks back
Was that Ponga? f**king Queenslander and all. Have to say I was surprised.

Junior Paulo getting 9 weeks for something others got 3 weeks really pissed me off at the time.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
A sack race between the offending player and the NRL Barrister. If the NRL player wins he gets off the charge. If the NRL Barrister wins the player gets suspended. Length of suspension is determined by the amount of seconds between the two, eg. 2 second difference = 2 week suspension.

yep, like it better than the current system

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
To be fair, a system that satisfies footy fans doesn't require a lot of thought. Annual reactive tinkering would be better, much like the current system.

Was that Ponga? f**king Queenslander and all. Have to say I was surprised.

Junior Paulo getting 9 weeks for something others got 3 weeks really pissed me off at the time.

Paulo's was an awful tackle. He picked up a bloke who had completely stopped running and dropped him on his head. And Paulo had carry over points for similar and non-similar offences.