What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

WWE has just announced that Paul Heyman is now the Executive Director of Raw, and Eric Bischoff is the Executive Director for SmackDown. These are legit roles, reporting directly to Vince McMahon.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
WWE has just announced that Paul Heyman is now the Executive Director of Raw, and Eric Bischoff is the Executive Director for SmackDown. These are legit roles, reporting directly to Vince McMahon.

The wrestling news youtubers (you know WhatCulture, Cultaholic etc) are reporting they're not on-screen roles.
When I first read it, I thought they were acting GMs or something like that, but from what reports are, Heyman will remain the mouth piece for Brock.

Is this a significant step back for Vince?

nöyd

Staff member
https://www.news.com.au/sport/more-sports/hardcore-legend-tommy-dreamer-contemplated-murdersuicide-at-wrestlemania/news-story/218b3f21ca563a23327f975ac629cb80

Hardcore legend Tommy Dreamer contemplated murder-suicide at WrestleMania

A WrestleMania famous for Stone Cold’s heel turn as Vince McMahon helped him beat The Rock could have been way more sinister.

Wrestling legend Tommy Dreamer had an incredibly dark past, but he was saved by one phone call.

Dreamer recently opened up about a troubling period in his life on his House of Hardcore podcast, a period that he only managed to escape because of announcing icon Jim Ross.

Dreamer was supposed to make his WWE debut during the company’s Tables, Ladders and Chairs match at WrestleMania 17 in 2001, but plans changed and Dreamer became the odd man out. The triple-threat match featured Edge and Christian vs The Dudley Boyz vs The Hardy Boyz.

That was nearly the tipping point in the darkest stage of his life. Extreme Championship Wrestling, which was run by Paul Heyman, had just folded and Dreamer was back living with his parents.

As he spiralled into depression, Dreamer intended to take advantage of Texas’ lax gun laws to jump the rail at that WrestleMania in Houston, kill Heyman, who was announcing the show, and then kill himself.

“I remember I did a show there, and I saw a sign that said, ‘Guns Welcome,’ and I was in Houston,” Dreamer said, according to Uproxx. “I did an (independent) show, and I said, ‘What is this?’ I’m from New York, what do you mean, ‘Guns Welcome’? And they said, ‘Oh, you are allowed to bring a firearm into the venue.’ I was across the street from the Astrodome. When I tell you it resonated in my head so, so much.

“I’ll tell you what I wanted to do. It’s sick that I think this. At WrestleMania, I was gonna hop the rail and I was gonna whack Paul E. in the back of the head right at the announce table, then I was gonna whack myself. The ultimate martyr, I was gonna hit my pose crack, boom, pull the trigger. Because I was that insane. Don’t know if I would have went through with it, but that’s what I was thinking about every day. I was like, ‘I will go down in history.’ Pop, boom. First they’d think it was an angle until I shot him. I was so severely depressed and so mental with rage, I needed help.”

PHONE CALL SAVED HIS LIFE

A well-timed phone call from Ross helped save Dreamer from the terrifying plan. “Randomly I get a phone call from a number I didn’t know … I didn’t pick up,” said Dreamer, who now owns the House of Hardcore promotion.

“I remember having these thoughts, and it was bad. I had a gun, I was psssh, man. Could you think about the horribleness that I would have done for my legacy? I would have ruined WrestleMania, which I love, WrestleMania. For everybody. These thoughts were so, so crazed in my head. How dare that person, he screwed my parents over and I come from a mobster mentality. In my head I was like, ‘I would become infamous,’ which is famous for the wrong reason. I’m glad I didn’t do it.

“But when that phone call came from Jim Ross. Again, just said leave a message. It said, ‘Hey Tommy, it’s Jim Ross, just want to let you know we are still thinking about you, we are gonna get it done, just got to hang tight. Thank you’.”

Ross’ words helped Dreamer through his struggles, and a few years later, Dreamer would go on to hold the WWE Hardcore Championship.

“I am so happy I didn’t do it, I am so happy that I did get that phone call, from someone who was a stranger, I barely knew the guy,” Dreamer said. “There was another day, there have been a lot of other days.”

Wow, good ol' JR huh?

The wrestling news youtubers (you know WhatCulture, Cultaholic etc) are reporting they're not on-screen roles.
When I first read it, I thought they were acting GMs or something like that, but from what reports are, Heyman will remain the mouth piece for Brock.

Is this a significant step back for Vince?
I expect nothing to change, as Vince is still in charge and the buck stops with him.

So...Taker and Reigns to tag against Shane and Drew.

Another match which doesn't excite me.
Taker/Reigns win really doesn't give them credibility as one of their opponents is Shane. I really, REALLY wish they'd stop booking him in matches, he's not a wrestler. He shouldn't be beating Reigns, he shouldn't have been facing Taker at WM. Stop.

If Shane/Drew wins...come on. Really?

I can only assume they've booked this so Reigns/Taker will win and Taker can ride off into the sunset after that horror match with Goldberg and they can hide him behind Reigns. Taker to come in and do all his signature moves and that's it.

Drew should be an unstoppable heel and Shane should be taking L's against his rivals, instead Drew takes all the L's and Shane wins all his matches. Shane's last televised loss was at Fastlane, when he lost a tag team match.....when Miz took the fall.

Valheru

Coach
I'm convinced Vince suffered an undiagnosed stroke around 2013

It is the only explanation for the last 5+ years.

I'm convinced that Vince has always been a complete moron and lucked into his big angles.

The Invasion, Matt vs Edge, CM Punk pipebomb era, Becky Lynch, keeping Cena and Reigns face etc.

All absolute gimmes and he f**ked them all up.

Probably Ziggler v Miz - two guys I don't need to see wrestle each other again. Card will probably end up something like

Becky vs Natalya
Ember vs Bayley
Charlotte vs Trish (rumored)
Seth vs Brock
Kofi vs Randy (maybe a triple threat with Joe)
Balor vs Bray Wyatt (Fiend)
Miz vs Ziggler
Owens vs Shane
Roman vs Drew
Usos vs Revival

Eelementary

Post Whore
Probably Ziggler v Miz - two guys I don't need to see wrestle each other again. Card will probably end up something like

Becky vs Natalya
Ember vs Bayley
Charlotte vs Trish (rumored)
Seth vs Brock
Kofi vs Randy (maybe a triple threat with Joe)
Balor vs Bray Wyatt (Fiend)
Miz vs Ziggler
Owens vs Shane
Roman vs Drew
Usos vs Revival

f**king yawnfest - except for the highlighted matches.

Last edited:
Tend to agree, although I am keen to see the Fiend in action, although it will obviously be a squash (Balor has requested time off so it only makes sense that Bray will murder him).