What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Brown

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Not too happy with the news was hoping he was going to be here another year and see the results from the hard work he has put in

Hoping his replacement is Toovey

Knight Vision

First Grade
I just really hope they choose very very carefully. Just when it looked like some stability had come to the club. The last thing I want is a merry-go-round of instability and again looking like a basket case.

This will have ramifications for the roster, salary cap management and coaching assistants etc

I have to wonder why now? Why not leave it until the off season ?

ryana87

Juniors
I just really hope they choose very very carefully. Just when it looked like some stability had come to the club. The last thing I want is a merry-go-round of instability and again looking like a basket case.

This will have ramifications for the roster, salary cap management and coaching assistants etc

I have to wonder why now? Why not leave it until the off season ?

Reading between the lines of Toohey's article..... I believe Brown may have approached Gardner and admitted he wasn't up to it

Knight76

Juniors
Probably to signal the job vacant and start the search for replacement.

Rather than going behind his back.

Swarzey

Bench
It's just a bit of baggage ;); third times the charm.

Still a successful coach who got a team that had a pretty big imbalance of quality players to a premiership. Quite clear the salary cap cheating the Sharks were investigated for was overblown by the media given nothing significant has come from it.

Seage

Juniors
Flanno - no thanks. He's a sour old whinger and a cheat.

O'Brien is probably the only one that gets me excited.

I hope he doesn't get it, but I bet there is a push from some Newy types to give it to Garth Brennan

perverse

Referee
Seems like it was inevitable, and it's the right thing to do. Hopefully this means they've got an able replacement lined up. Also hoping his doesn't mean another 2-3 years of bullshit as the next coach "builds the team he wants"...

I'm not as sour on Brown as most here, but it's pretty clear he's not capable of taking the team he's built where it needs to go. I don't think anyone can say with a straight face that Brown hasn't left the club in a better position than when he started... which is more than you can say for some of our other coaches. For that I'm definitely thankful.

Browny can probably still make a living in the NRL offering himself up as a "rebuild" coach. The Titans could have done worse than to sound him out for a 2-3 year stint. Any team that needs to turn their roster over and start fresh could certainly do worse... but he'll have a tough time convincing a strong team that he's the man to get them a trophy.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Fake news hey!

You get that. Lol.

This thread ...

Just keeps on giving.

Coby, you legend.

aahhhh the train spotter lifts his eyes from the note pad

well you have your wish. Brown is gone. Lets hope for the club that we dont endure more years of crap because of this and build towards the Premiership trophy. I've certainly had enough of losing. Toughest gig in world sport - being a Knights supporter

Spot On

Coach
Coby has his wish.

He started the thread.

Chin up... you got burnt and it was a good laugh.

We can still play semi final footy. We have the roster and the draw to do it next three rounds.

Up to Brown to get us there.

Go Browny!

Disclaimer ... 'But of course we aren't going to win every game'.

Last edited:

TooheysNew

Coach
Coby has his wish.

He started the thread.

Chin up... you got burnt and it was a good laugh.

We can still play semi final footy. We have the roster and the draw to do it next three rounds.

Up to Brown to get us there.

Go Browny!

Disclaimer ... 'But of course we aren't going to win every game'.
My opinion is still the same. Bring up whatever posts you want to bud, I really don't mind.

Latest posts