What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Stallion

First Grade
For $45 you can sit behind the posts, level 7 (top level)..

Exhorbitant pricing all round. The greedy Broncos doing their bit to unwittingly minimise the code in Brisbane! It's supposed to be a popular culture football code! Not an exclusive culture code! My word the Broncos are greedy and not there to propagate this code looking at those prices!

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Exhorbitant pricing all round. The greedy Broncos doing their bit to unwittingly minimise the code in Brisbane! It's supposed to be a popular culture football code! Not an exclusive culture code! My word the Broncos are greedy and not there to propagate this code looking at those prices!
I think it’s more about the greed of the QLD government..!

Stallion

First Grade
I think it’s more about the greed of the QLD government..!

Doubt that. Is there another NRL club based in Brisbane? Think the Broncos have a bit to do with that. As a result of their monopoly they are charging way too high for tickets. I'm sure the government could make even more money with another new NRL club based in Brisbane!

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Doubt that. Is there another NRL club based in Brisbane? Think the Broncos have a bit to do with that. As a result of their monopoly they are charging way too high for tickets. I'm sure the government could make even more money with another new NRL club based in Brisbane!

Almost everything to do with the government. The QLD government charges the Broncos outrageous rental fees. I am trying to find a source but I am pretty sure that the Broncos need to draw 30k to break even.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Almost everything to do with the government. The QLD government charges the Broncos outrageous rental fees. I am trying to find a source but I am pretty sure that the Broncos need to draw 30k to break even.
I think the soccer team gets the same problem stadiums qld are notoriously evil. On a side note I reckon the clubs should look work together to fight the nrl on these bad kick off times. Maybe seek compensation from the nrl for the gate losses or revenue if they sell tickets on the cheap. I know it sounds stupid but I would love to see the clubs and people involved come out against these bad timeslots.

t-ba

Post Whore
I think the soccer team gets the same problem stadiums qld are notoriously evil. On a side note I reckon the clubs should look work together to fight the nrl on these bad kick off times. Maybe seek compensation from the nrl for the gate losses or revenue if they sell tickets on the cheap. I know it sounds stupid but I would love to see the clubs and people involved come out against these bad timeslots.

Problem is who will then compensate the NRL for lost TV revenue?

Stallion

First Grade

They are not going to draw 30000 consistently with those ticket prices. I find it incredibly steep as an in built cost if that's the case. Surely such a rental should be reasonable given the prominence of this club in the Queensland sports scene?

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Problem is who will then compensate the NRL for lost TV revenue?
Yes I was in fantasy land. But, a few theories; we give them a match of the round in the nsw cup/qld cup. Crowd looks the same anyway ha ha.
We take a small loss but have opportunities for larger crowd averages. And third why does the nrl need to be compensated, there not for profit and they are not the reason why the deal is high, the clubs are the reason, the players are and we fans are also the reason. It’s not their money (in theory of course).
Sorry long rant.

beave

Coach
They are not going to draw 30000 consistently with those ticket prices. I find it incredibly steep as an in built cost if that's the case. Surely such a rental should be reasonable given the prominence of this club in the Queensland sports scene?

The $100 i was charged for the NQ game, i kinda expect it as that game is the biggest one of the year in brisbane (and vice versa in NQ). Supply and demand, but for a regular season game, that is horrendous pricing but they know they’ll get mid to high 40k’s every time regardless of what they charge so I get it but I don’t agree with it.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
11,281 or something I heard on the radio at shark park. God we are shit, I’m thinking we did well last year, despite Kearney, not because of him.

Suitman

Post Whore
I think the soccer team gets the same problem stadiums qld are notoriously evil.

Yep. Brisbane Roar are also royally screwed be Stadiums Qld. I've heard their "break even" figure is around the 14000 mark. Their all time average is 13729, http://www.ultimatealeague.com/stadium_detail.php?stadium_id=6 so effectively running a loss since the inception of the A-League. Not sure how accurate the break-even figure is, but it roughly makes sense.

For the record, Brisbane Roar are taking three games to Redcliffe's Dolphin Stadium in the upcoming season. I'm assuming this is a ploy to have their rent reduced at Suncorp. That's 3 less games of rent that the QLD Govt will be getting, and rental and operating costs at Dolphin will be far less so the Roar may actually make some money. They're selling 3 game memberships for the Dolphin matches also, so more increased income for the club I suspect from those that live in the north of Brisbane suburbia.
f**k the Qld Govt.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Yep. Brisbane Roar are also royally screwed be Stadiums Qld. I've heard their "break even" figure is around the 14000 mark. Their all time average is 13729, http://www.ultimatealeague.com/stadium_detail.php?stadium_id=6 so effectively running a loss since the inception of the A-League. Not sure how accurate the break-even figure is, but it roughly makes sense.

For the record, Brisbane Roar are taking three games to Redcliffe's Dolphin Stadium in the upcoming season. I'm assuming this is a ploy to have their rent reduced at Suncorp. That's 3 less games of rent that the QLD Govt will be getting, and rental and operating costs at Dolphin will be far less so the Roar may actually make some money. They're selling 3 game memberships for the Dolphin matches also, so more increased income for the club I suspect from those that live in the north of Brisbane suburbia.
f**k the Qld Govt.
Hopefully cowboys fans aren’t priced out of their new digs.

Stallion

First Grade
The $100 i was charged for the NQ game, i kinda expect it as that game is the biggest one of the year in brisbane (and vice versa in NQ). Supply and demand, but for a regular season game, that is horrendous pricing but they know they’ll get mid to high 40k’s every time regardless of what they charge so I get it but I don’t agree with it.

It's counterproductive!

Perth Red

Post Whore

They got compensated! The last tv deal delivered them $3million a season extra income above the cap.

Perth Red

Post Whore

f**k the Qld Govt.

Find these break even figures hard to believe (if based purely on cost of putting a game on). For Broncos that would mean they would have to be paying out around $1.5mill a game lol. 30kx $40 avg ticket price plus sponsorship and corporate sales. In all likelihood they’re paying around $300-500kk a game and making around $1mill a game profit.

This is the broncos match day revenue from 2018
Sponsors and box sales $14.5million
Memberships and gate sales/match day earnings $17million

Warriors Fever

Juniors
They got compensated! The last tv deal delivered them $3million a season extra income above the cap.
Well the nrl should look at who gets Thursday’s, and compensate them based on that. Along with Friday 6pm with us as the exception of course. And these funds have to be used by the clubs on these game, promotions, giveaways, marketing etc. and would it kill them to kick of half an hour earlier there’s no reason not to

Stallion

First Grade
Fair crowds at Shark park and Campbelltown. . Think Kogarah may be above the anticipated 10000 tonight. Just think Roosters fans will lob up in force!

Latest posts