What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 team

Knight Vision

First Grade
As long as the coach does not want the outside man to receive the ball.

Weren't you keen on him in the 9?
I reckon given some time there he could be a decent 9 but right this moment he isnt a spine player you could win a premiership with. He's a utility.

How on earth he arrived at NRL level unable to pass a ball when running is beyond me.

Just how far he will go and long he will stay in the NRL is up to Watson. At the moment he reminds me of Josh Reynolds - all heart and at a million miles an hour but without that he is nothing.

He's also injury prone. Been out for 1/4 of his time at the Knights so far.

With Brown gone he's a player that should be a little nervous given the coin he's on. .

Yosh

Coach
Alot of the really good teams have a great utility player coming off the bench to offer some spark during the game. Watson seems to be one of the best in th league at that. I'm happy to see him play 14 week in week out and come on where the coach sees fit.

One of the best parts of the Storm system is when the 14 comes on but Cam Smith stays on and plays a semi half/lock type role. QLD also do this. Would be good to see us mix it up like the Storm.

Alot of the really good teams have a great utility player coming off the bench to offer some spark during the game. Watson seems to be one of the best in th league at that. I'm happy to see him play 14 week in week out and come on where the coach sees fit.

One of the best parts of the Storm system is when the 14 comes on but Cam Smith stays on and plays a semi half/lock type role. QLD also do this. Would be good to see us mix it up like the Storm.
The question will be whether Brailey can take on that sort of roll if Watson comes on. Brailey is supposed to be an 80 minute player.

Loose Cannon

Bench
If Brailey can fill in as a back rower (like Griffin would switch last year), Watson at 14 is perfect.

I’d like to see Watson get a lot of minutes, though.

Damn, it’s a shame, (and a mystery why), he has zero ball skills whilst in motion. Would be a gun running 6, but for the precedent derp.

Yosh

Coach
Really excited by Best. Hopefully we see him get a real good run next year. Hopefully Crossland or Hoy or both play a big part next season also.

Glasby seems to be highly regarded but perhaps needs to go down to the bench... I know I'm not the only guy who prefers King to start at lock.

aqua_duck

Coach
Really excited by Best. Hopefully we see him get a real good run next year. Hopefully Crossland or Hoy or both play a big part next season also.

Glasby seems to be highly regarded but perhaps needs to go down to the bench... I know I'm not the only guy who prefers King to start at lock.
Just curious to know what do you think King offers that Glasby doesn't or what do you think King does better than Glasby?
The way King has been talked up lately you'd think he was the second coming of Ben Kennedy but truth is he's a below average first grader who tries hard. To me ideally Barnett moves to lock, Glasby and Ese'ese bench props, Sione bench lock with the ability to shift wider if need be.

aqua_duck

Coach
Sione is no better than king as a middle and I love Barnett but

sums him and about half the team up nicely.

Ideally they get that new edge forward and some of these highly touted young forwards kick on.
Don't disagree with what you said but we do need to field 17 players, Sione at least gives you some versatility and some spark at times, Barnett at least has abit of mongrel about him and has shown some good signs at times especially in attack, he is definitely not an edge though

macavity

Referee
As long as the coach does not want the outside man to receive the ball.

Weren't you keen on him in the 9?

He has done well at 9.

Centre could work. Strong runner, good lateral movement, quick. He only needs to pass one way :joy::flushed:

macavity

Referee
It scares me that we seem satisfied with the worst back row in the comp, only adding Capewell who isn’t an upgrade.

Why aren’t we going all in for David Fafita? Off contract and the Broncos are struggling to keep him - literally need to get Boyd off the books to sign him.

Might be ambitious but literally changes our team. We have no strike forward. Not one.

macavity

Referee
And as far as current squad goes imo we should have for sale signs on

Gavet
Guerra
Mann
Ese’Ese (unforgivable for a front rower to be as weak in D as he is)
Sione (tweener)
Levi
Moga

perverse

Referee
It scares me that we seem satisfied with the worst back row in the comp, only adding Capewell who isn’t an upgrade.

Why aren’t we going all in for David Fafita? Off contract and the Broncos are struggling to keep him - literally need to get Boyd off the books to sign him.

Might be ambitious but literally changes our team. We have no strike forward. Not one.
Agreed, but the money being chucked around for Fifita seems very rich. If the Warriors are throwing anywhere close to 7 figures at him, you'd have to balk at the price tag surely.

Still, agree with the general sentiment. We need a strike backrower.

Yosh

Coach
Just curious to know what do you think King offers that Glasby doesn't or what do you think King does better than Glasby?
The way King has been talked up lately you'd think he was the second coming of Ben Kennedy but truth is he's a below average first grader who tries hard. To me ideally Barnett moves to lock, Glasby and Ese'ese bench props, Sione bench lock with the ability to shift wider if need be.

I think King is smack bang average to be honest but Glasby hasn't really shown anything to suggest he deserves to start... Rather have another big body in the middle to keep hitting it up. Glasby seems to do a little bit of this and little bit of that but not do it all that well.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I think King is smack bang average to be honest but Glasby hasn't really shown anything to suggest he deserves to start... Rather have another big body in the middle to keep hitting it up. Glasby seems to do a little bit of this and little bit of that but not do it all that well.
King will be 25 by start of next season. Safe to say he is what he is- reserve grade back up who tries hard.
Glasby's greatest strength is his consistency. Consistently average. In a team of superstars he's the reliable stage hand . In a team of stage hands he offers no point of difference what so ever.

aqua_duck

Coach
King isn't a big body though, he's listed as 105kg (Glasby is 106kg), also he's not exactly a high work rate guy in terms of hit ups, really the best thing you can say about King is he tries hard to be honest, Glasby isn't a world beater but at least he's got big game experience, is a better defender and a better ball runner too. King is just a poor man's version of Glasby IMO.

macavity

Referee
Yeah hot take there yosh.

I was underwhelmed by his recruitment in isolation, but The Great Glasby has done a job for us. He isn’t the problem.

Latest posts