What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

slippery5

Juniors
Some interesting comments on the Foxtel coverage last night.

Pre-game chat with Trent Robinson - he basically said you can’t play possession footy as it is too conservative. You need to have variety and know when to chance your arm. That had to be a direct shot at our coach.

Our coach loves his 80% possession stat and repetitive use of block plays (which I think Mick Ennis was going off about). No surprise we were ‘better’ when we abandoned them.

During the game I think it was Mick Ennis again basically saying that Lomax (and other youngsters) have been poorly handled this year with stints at wing, centre, fullback etc. Sailor will be next unfortunately. No way should he make way next week.

Reports from the sheds at halftime by Andy Raymond - nothing from the Dragons shed other than to say the room was very low, heads down and other commentators said they didn’t know what McGregor could even say (I resign would be a good start).

Even on the Matty John’s podcast, they were saying the coach is under immense pressure.

The narrative is changing. The guy is toast and with a weaker squad next year, won’t be able to turn it around. It is pure negligence to leave him in the job.

Last edited:

slippery5

Juniors
Channel 9 last night ,Gould asking ,Sterling what he thought the problem was with the Dragons ? He went on to say with their roster and SOO players they should be nowhere near the bottom....It was like he was fishing for someone to finally say its a coach thing ....... But they all went around the obvious reason.....
As I said previously, Gus said the team looks confused, he can only imagine how confused the COACHING STAFF is.
I believe he was trying to say, they don't have any idea!!!!!!!!!!

St Georgio

Juniors
Shaun David Wane (born 14 September 1964) is an English rugby union and rugby league coach, and former professional rugby league player. He is currently a high performance coach for the Scottish Rugby Union, and was previously head coach of the Wigan Warriors from 2011 to 2018, where he won 3 Super League Grand Finals.

Shaun Wane

Personal information
Full name
Shaun David Wane
Born 14 September 1964(age 54)
Wigan, England
Height 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)
Weight 15 st 8 lb (99 kg)
Playing information
Position
Prop, Second-row, Loose forward
Club
Years
Team Pld T G FG P
1982–90 Wigan 149 11 0 0 44
1990–93 Leeds
1993–94 Workington Town 8 2 0 0 8
Total 157 13 0 0 52
Representative
Years
Team Pld T G FG P
1985–86 Great Britain 2 0 0 0 0
Coaching information
Club
Years
Team Gms W D L W%
2011–18 Wigan Warriors 238 161 6 71 68

Wittenberg

Juniors
B
As I said previously, Gus said the team looks confused, he can only imagine how confused the COACHING STAFF is.
I believe he was trying to say, they don't have any idea!!!!!!!!!!

But no one says it! No one in the media questions nice guy Mary. Why do Gould and Sterling talk around it? I’m so angry at what is being done to our Club. You support you side through thick and thin, through the ups and downs PROVIDED they are putting in. I never knock us for losing if we are beaten by a better side or if we give it our all BUT our leadership, our coach and now our players are not putting in, some individuals aside. My brother wants to start a Go Fund Me page to raise money to put a full page ad in the paper to highlight the situation at our club. He is one angry hornet at the moment. I don’t blame him.

Old Timer

Coach
Is it possible that the board in its infinite wisdom believes Mc Fookknuckle’s coaching brilliance can only be truly seen by bringing the club from the bottom of the ladder to the top?
15th this year, spoon next year, premiership the year after.
Wow how bad have we all been not realising it’s all part of the master plan.
Let’s all sit back and enjoy the final part of the slide next year and then fasten our seat belts for the meteoric rise to glory.
One small step for man one giant ???
Oh f**k it sack him he’s a bum.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Jack Dancer!!!
Firstly my apologies, sympathies and condolences too everyone that have lost friends and loved ones to this disease. I have lost a few close ones in the past and I know the hurt. Even ones that are going through it now.

McGregor has been the Jack Dancer of this club for a while now. He has infected many strong individuals such as JD and many others that have been brought up in this forum. No mercy, The JacK Dancer will do anything to survive.

Like Cancer he has thrived through this club over the years and eliminated all the threats to contain and terminate him.

The Jack Dancer needs to be cut out and the board need to on go chemo treatment to make sure that this disease never returns and are immune to further outbreak for his once great club.

The Jack Dancer is spreading rapidly and infecting all in sundry including young talent seeking their own treatment away from the disease and incumbent stars that wish to get away from the disease.

Jack Dancer has no self respect or dignity to cut all his poisonous roots that will eventually kill the most famous Rugby League Club in the world.

Maybe he needs some of Nathan Browns DNA to kill off the disease.
I will refer to this disease as Jack Dancer from now on.
Rant Over

I was so upset that I woke up in this earlier hour and had to vent my thoughts and dreams.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Jack Dancer!!!
Firstly my apologies, sympathies and condolences too everyone that have lost friends and loved ones to this disease. I have lost a few close ones in the past and I know the hurt. Even ones that are going through it now.

McGregor has been the Jack Dancer of this club for a while now. He has infected many strong individuals such as JD and many others that have been brought up in this forum. No mercy, The JacK Dancer will do anything to survive.

Like Cancer he has thrived through this club over the years and eliminated all the threats to contain and terminate him.

The Jack Dancer needs to be cut out and the board need to on go chemo treatment to make sure that this disease never returns and are immune to further outbreak for his once great club.

The Jack Dancer is spreading rapidly and infecting all in sundry including young talent seeking their own treatment away from the disease and incumbent stars that wish to get away from the disease.

Jack Dancer has no self respect or dignity to cut all his poisonous roots that will eventually kill the most famous Rugby League Club in the world.

Maybe he needs some of Nathan Browns DNA to kill off the disease.
I will refer to this disease as Jack Dancer from now on.
Rant Over

I was so upset that I woke up in this earlier hour and had to vent my thoughts and dreams.
I.E I had a nightmare

Red V for life

Juniors
He has two more years at Wests after this one, so I am not following...

He isn't doing too poorly with the squad he has.
Mary (currently) has 2 more years here.

If true, I hope this was ‘succession planning’ from earlier in the season. Otherwise, even though we’ve seen the iceberg, we’re just gonna plough straight into it...Dragons footy style.

merahputih

Juniors
I see [insert expletive] 's mates in the media, Freddy, etc, are still bravely defending him, trotting out excuses such as the De Belin situation, Widdop's injury, etc. They gloss over the fact that other teams have survived with similar or worse situations. The Roosters side that carved us up on Saturday was missing Mitchell, co-captains Cordner and Jake Friend while Luke Keary has been out for a long stretch this year. Sharks have had Wade Graham out for a long period, etc, etc. The a* se didn't fall out of their game like our mob. The unspoken factor which our management will not admit is that the 'coach' has lost the dressing room. He is worse than the hapless Steve Price: Price didn't have the guile and cunning to develop the bulletproof status that [....] has developed over his years at the club and was an easy target to get sacked mid season.
Another two tears of this farce is unthinkable. I really hope that the rumors about Madge, etc have some truth in them.

The side started switching off almost as soon as Mary got his upgrade.

The press conferences:

All they are about is whether or not he will resort to an old excuse or whether he has thought up a new one.

Not one journalist has asked him whether or not he thinks he has done a good job and what he thinks he can do to achieve success.

“Work harder” is just a throw away line that is especially meaningless.

Madge used that at Souths until he was hit with a blunt object in the back of his noble head.

In the meantime, our side of death (with not half of your glistening talent) are vying for the finals.

Your clubs the laughing stock of the game.Jester fest directionless has beens.

Even the freak fest known as the titans are improving.

Everyone looks forward to thrashing you witless.

Our third rate rabble of a side might but 50 on you. Only cause we have a real coach.

But at least when we lose, Madge doesn’t piss on our backs and tell us it’s raining.

Mary, you’re an embarrassment to the game.

Call it son, just walk away.

Last edited:

Latest posts