What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham

jeffdragon

Bench
His comments on 360.
Saying banners at the game aren't necessarily the right environment for the fans to vent their frustration.
He said it's not a good look.
Neither is the shit our team has been dishing up.
He said Mary loves the club and can coach.
I love the club but that doesn't mean I can coach.
If he loves the club do what's best and say adios.

Old Timer

Coach
James Graham backing the coach and will no doubt line up for yet another season despite being well past his prime.
Most likely the club will need to get a bigger trough for all the snouts to fit in.
His comment re Norman is absolutely laughable and TBH the ones re Sims & Vaughan are not much better.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
To assume and expect he would say anything else is naive, especially on such a high profile show.
He knows he has to tow the line as an individual and as a senior member of the playing group.
Inflammatory comments would lead to condemnation of him (see what happened to Ponga at Newcastle) and would, without doubt, impact any possible signings for next year, especially IF McGregor is still coach.

Any comdemnation of the coach has to be collective of the playing group, not from an individual on a tv program.

McGregor has to go, and go sooner than later, but has to he done right as to not have fingers pointed at individuals.

possm

Coach
His comments on 360.
Saying banners at the game aren't necessarily the right environment for the fans to vent their frustration.
As no one at SGI seems to be held accountable for poor performances, banners seem to be a direct action that fans feel they need to adopt. I'd like to see someone contest the banner policy in the courts naming SGI, St George Legues Club and WIN Corp in this action. Safety is one thing, free speech is another.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'm a huge supporter of Jimmy Graham and the way he plays the game, but in my opinion he is wrong with his comments here. Game day is the perfect environment for fans to vent their feelings.

The Clubs, the NRL and the players all have a access to large media outlets and therefore have a bigger voice when it comes to getting their message out there. In comparison, opportunities for supporters to have their say are very limited.

In most sports, we have three pillars. 1. Players, 2. Administration, 3. Supporters. The administration too often fail to acknowledged that supporters are also part of the game. They are happy to profit from our support but expect us to shut up when the administration let us down.

If they are going to blame the fans - which they often do and have done again by targetting banners - then they should also accept a bit of push back from time-to-time.

They can't have it both ways.

RedVDave

First Grade
Does anyone really expect a player in our current roster to come out in the media and say "Yeah, Our coach absolutely sucks!" it would not happen in any team. Behind closed doors I'm sure all grievances are sired amongst players but not to the media no way, it's called politics ya'll. I do find disagree with the comments regarding fans as I believe we are entitled to vent our frustrations (freedom of speech) especially in this instance I know George personally he's a great bloke and never causes trouble.

dungay dragon

Juniors
He is having a shot at the fans for voicing an opinion or showing displeasure which is in fact worse than defending the coach.
Jammer can jam it up his arse.
Jammer has more dramas than supporting our clueless coach...
Really hope hes playing busted..If not hes being rag dolled aka Dufty by All rival forward packs for the majority of the Season....

His comments on 360.
So the "members" have no say or way of influencing the make up of the Board.
They are stakeholders in name only.
Fans sponsor the activities of the club financially and have no constitutional standing.
So what avenue do the rank and file St. George supporters have to express their opinion or influence the direction of the club?
The answer is nil.
So when fans unfurl protest banners at the game, that is also not allowed.
Even the banners being displayed are hardly offensive or derogatory.
"Fail Mary", "Step down McGregor" and so on are pretty tame and any objective club official would not be concerned under normal circumstances.
"Oust Doust" was on display for years without any official reaction whatsoever.
Why is the club so sensitive all of a sudden?
Graham coming out in unequivocal support of McGregor on TV is just more spin.
Everyone at the club keeps telling us that McGregor can coach.
We are told to stop reacting and to get behind him.
Fans should just do as they're told.
The club patronizes the fans continuously and treats them with contempt.
I am really stumped as to how the powers that be continue to blindly support McGregor.
On what basis?? What are their criteria??
Maybe if they could outline their reasons for such staunch support and back them up with rational proof, we could all share in the glow that surrounds McGregor's tenure?
I suspect however that their stance is indefensible by any measure.

Last edited:

jeffdragon

Bench
So the "members" have no say or way of influencing the make up of the Board.
They are stakeholders in name only.
Fans sponsor the activities of the club financially and have no constitutional standing.
So what avenue do the rank and file St. George supporters have to express their opinion or influence the direction of the club?
The answer is nil.
So when fans unfurl protest banners at the game, that is also not allowed.
Even the banners being displayed are hardly offensive or derogatory.
"Fail Mary", "Step down McGregor" and so on are pretty tame and any objective club official would not be concerned under normal circumstances.
"Oust Doust" was on display for years without any official reaction whatsoever.
Why is the club so sensitive all of a sudden?
Graham coming out in unequivocal support of McGregor on TV is just more spin.
Everyone at the club keeps telling us that McGregor can coach.
We are told to stop reacting and to get behind him.
Fans should just do as they're told.
I am really stumped as to how the powers that be continue to blindly support McGregor.
On what basis?? What are their criteria??
Maybe if they could outline their reasons for such staunch support and back them up with rational proof, we could all share in the glow that surrounds McGregor's tenure?
I suspect however that their stance is indefensible by any measure.

We all gave to be politically correct.
Can't say anything wrong these days,which sux.

Latest posts