What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
He did support his coach but most media didn't report on the fact he did say that fans have a right to there banners . He actually went against the club on that which I give him credit for .

As far as Kent saying we cant win every year . We have won one premiership in the last 40 years . Us older blokes who have been supporting the club for over 50 years would like to see another one in our lifetime . But the chances of that seem very remote .

The simple stat that matters with our coach is that in his 6 years as coach we have won only one finals game in that period . That's a horrendous record for any pro coach in any sport . And considering half the clubs play finals football every year makes it worse .

The buck stops with the head coach not the revolving door of assistant coaches that have been through the club in his time here . Getting to the stage where in future if you look up the word " mediocre " in the dictionary there will simply be a photo of the Dragons emblem . Every aspect of the Dragons from top to bottom embraces the word " mediocre " .
Good post....pretty well sums up our position in a nutshell

“ Nothing to lose and everything to gain “ what the f**k !

As you have said - the man has a contract that has a option in his favor which he has decided to take up . Nothing wrong with that , you cannot blame him for that . You blame the people that offered him the contract in the first instance for not taking into account his age - the joint venture, you know the same people who offered our derelict of a coach his contract extensions .

As for the mans on-field rough house play , I can only say that he is certainly not alone in that ,besides Burgess deserved everyday he got . Perhaps if Graham was a few years younger the Dragons may still have a fighting chance of being higher on the competition ladder as those sorts of tactics have a lot of teams at the top of the tree at the moment .

As I said in my earlier post he is entitled to an opinion , no need to crucify the man over it .
Just trying to provide an alternative view.
Rough house tactics is one thing. Head butting and biting is quite another.
No one is denying him his right to have an opinion and no one is denying you either.
My opinion should have the same value and freedom of expression shouldn't it?
One thing we can agree on is the way the coach was signed and extended.

SaintPauli

Juniors
15th is a failure of a season.
The team was at least a top 8 team.

Graham suggested the fans talk to the players which would be a motivating factor to the team.

The challenge is there Graham ! ask the club to track down the two so called banner bearers to confront the team and allow them to voice their frustrations and state their issues.
I for one would love to be there.

Gareth67

First Grade
Just trying to provide an alternative view.
Rough house tactics is one thing. Head butting and biting is quite another.
No one is denying him his right to have an opinion and no one is denying you either.
My opinion should have the same value and freedom of expression shouldn't it?
One thing we can agree on is the way the coach was signed and extended.

As a couple of our fellow members have said earlier , here we are at each other’s throats due to our season from hell which is due mainly to the baldly devil himself .

Most unfortunate that Graham was on hand for the subject matter however he said what was on his mind - right or wrong. I sincerely hope that all of this rubbish is not present next season and the players can move on to greater success.

Last edited:

SnowDragon

Juniors
GUYS!

WTF... did you listen to it?

1) He gave an opinion to support the club and coach... How can he do anything else?
2) He said fans should be allowed to bring in the banners (even if he towed the party line on 1)
3) When asked what he would say to the fans (an obvious push to get him to support the club) he said "Nothing, i'd listen to fans"

WOW... the guys a legend. He has tried his arse off and has the ability to help the team. Just because you think mary should go, don't tar everyone who doesn't push...

btw I think its time for a change... not something I said earlier in the year.
However I remain loyal to my club, and to those players who push for success and give everything for it. Guys like Graham do that, guys like Mccinnes do that... these are the leaders.

Bench
Early on Graham was playing around 20 minutes in each half, last few games he is playing most of the game.
The way he plays he is busted at the end of each game.
McIdiit should go back to resting him during games.

TruSaint

Referee
GUYS!

1) He gave an opinion to support the club and coach... How can he do anything else?
2) He said fans should be allowed to bring in the banners (even if he towed the party line on 1)
3) When asked what he would say to the fans (an obvious push to get him to support the club) he said "Nothing, i'd listen to fans"

WOW... the guys a legend. He has tried his arse off and has the ability to help the team. Just because you think mary should go, don't tar everyone who doesn't push...

However I remain loyal to my club, and to those players who push for success and give everything for it. Guys like Graham do that, guys like Mccinnes do that... these are the leaders.

Well said.

Smack

Coach
His comments on 360.
Saying banners at the game aren't necessarily the right environment for the fans to vent their frustration.
He said it's not a good look.
Neither is the shit our team has been dishing up.
He said Mary loves the club and can coach.
I love the club but that doesn't mean I can coach.
If he loves the club do what's best and say adios.

Instead of worrying about banners, they should worried about the dogshit football they are playing.

Old Timer

Coach
Instead of worrying about banners, they should worried about the dogshit football they are playing.
Agree completely
When you have won 6 or 7 on the trot and have secured a spot in the 8?and working towards a top 6?if not top 4 finish then by all means make yourself available to the media.
When you are running 15th and your fans are pissed off with all the excuses etc etc then make yourself invisible to the press.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
As said by some - the man realizes who is providing his pay packet and as such ( always being a fine example of decency towards his fellow man ) will not say anything untowards about the people who hold the purse strings or for that matter our marvelous one of a kind coach Mary ( the maestro ) McGregor .

Furthermore Jimmy Graham does not fall into the ‘ dirt-slinger ‘ category of player as you would find up in the Steel city area , or should I say ex steel city of Newcastle. The bloke is entitled to his opinion as we all are , so regardless of his or our own opinions there is a damn good chance that the usual banners will be flying at the S.G.C as they have been all season .

Jimmy had a very close relationship with Des Hasler as well -he said that Des made him a better person.
This was when the Bulldogs were playing the most boring style of football in the competiton- of course it was still good enough to beat Mcwhat'shisface.
I'm going to give Jimmy the benefit of the doubt and say that he is passionately loyal to the club and the people he plays with. We all may think he's misguided and he probably needs to retire but if I was going to war, he's one guy I'd want in the trenches with me.

Gareth67

First Grade
Jimmy had a very close relationship with Des Hasler as well -he said that Des made him a better person.
This was when the Bulldogs were playing the most boring style of football in the competiton- of course it was still good enough to beat Mcwhat'shisface.
I'm going to give Jimmy the benefit of the doubt and say that he is passionately loyal to the club and the people he plays with. We all may think he's misguided and he probably needs to retire but if I was going to war, he's one guy I'd want in the trenches with me.

So would I , so would I redandwhite4evr, he is undoubtedly made of the right stuff and I have always had admiration for the guy’s ‘never say die ‘ attitude and he has changed his style of play since arriving at the Dragons - still an exceptional buy in my books .

Last edited:

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Agree completely
When you have won 6 or 7 on the trot and have secured a spot in the 8?and working towards a top 6?if not top 4 finish then by all means make yourself available to the media.
When you are running 15th and your fans are pissed off with all the excuses etc etc then make yourself invisible to the press.

Disagree. Our illustrious Board, CEO, and club captain have said absolutely nothing. How is that a good thing? At least a well respected player has said something.

blacksafake

First Grade
GUYS!

:thumbsup:

BLM01

First Grade
Agree completely
When he is paid and contracted to go on these shows and comment especially on matters he is asked about...yeah righto....
its like that you want him to cut off the hand that feeds him.
I ask you this......... would you do the same

Old Timer

Coach
When he is paid and contracted to go on these shows and comment especially on matters he is asked about...yeah righto....
its like that you want him to cut off the hand that feeds him.
I ask you this......... would you do the same
He was pushing back on the fans trying to influence us by saying “he can coach” thus inferring the fans have got it wrong and no need for fans to carry their anti coach banners do you agree with him?
Channel 9 & Fox dictating the agenda and thought process is infuriating and I expect better from our players on the field before they start having a crack at the fans.
I realise the players have to serve the masters but I don’t have to like it nor should I refrain from commenting re my disappointment.

SBD82

Coach
He was pushing back on the fans trying to influence us by saying “he can coach” thus inferring the fans have got it wrong and no need for fans to carry their anti coach banners do you agree with him?
Channel 9 & Fox dictating the agenda and thought process is infuriating and I expect better from our players on the field before they start having a crack at the fans.
I realise the players have to serve the masters but I don’t have to like it nor should I refrain from commenting re my disappointment.
Have you watched the segment in its entirety OT?