What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Flanagan to Dragons - Suggested in yesterdays Daily Telegragh

Vinnie

Juniors
Yesterday Paper hinted that Flnagan may be allowed to return to coaching and that there is a possibility of him landing at either St Heleens in the English Super League or ST George Illawarra Dragons (even going as far as saying that's why no move has been made on McGregor yet)

Anybody else heard this ???

Any Thoughts ??

SBD82

Coach
Yesterday Paper hinted that Flnagan may be allowed to return to coaching and that there is a possibility of him landing at either St Heleens in the English Super League or ST George Illawarra Dragons (even going as far as saying that's why no move has been made on McGregor yet)

Any Thoughts ??
I have some thoughts. Others have thoughts too.

You can find them here:

https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/shane-flanagan.476297/

Dragon David

First Grade
I don't like Flannagan but if it means getting rid of McGregor, l'm prepared to like him a little bit or enough to be our coach.

Shows you how desperate l / we, are.
Agreed OKB. Flano is a much better coach than McGregor. If the NRL allows him to return to the comp as a coach, The SGI Board should immediately sack/payout McGregor and sign up Flanagan so that he is able to get the squad for next year and start preparing the off season with a massive bang!!

BLM01

First Grade

Any Thoughts ??
Yep read it where you did. Paper speak and speculation..no substance or seriousness to it..yet!.
They dont even know when his ban offiicially will be lifted.
However if available now and Dragons wanted to sign him...then they have my best wishes to go for it.

hazzbeen

Bench
Agreed OKB. Flano is a much better coach than McGregor. If the NRL allows him to return to the comp as a coach, The SGI Board should immediately sack/payout McGregor and sign up Flanagan so that he is able to get the squad for next year and start preparing the off season with a massive bang!!
Bring it on ..... Hold on tight its brewing he won't last ....

SAP58

Juniors
Bring it on ..... Hold on tight its brewing he won't last ....
I hope you are right....my attraction to Flanagan is he is a hard ar*e which is what this side needs to get them back on track, just like Maguire did a few weeks ago at the Wests Tigers, had no issue with dropping players and calling out a side that is under performing in a much more forthright fashion. Flanagan would definitely not put up with someone like Lafai in particular who is lazy and a non performer because he knows the coach wont drop him. He will attract better players and will retain players in a much better fashion than we have been use to with the current coach.

SAP58

Juniors
Yeah that’s the news I’ve got from my very good sources too...
Me too the question is whether Greenberg will re-register him after 12 months. I believe he wanted him to have at least 2 years away, but if you can believe the Daily Telegraph they said he was impressed by Flanagan when they met.

Coffs dragon

Bench
God I hope there's some truth to this rumour. Like him or hate him, he's a premiership winner plus he served a long apprenticeship under Ricky Stuart at the Roosters plus was assistant to Bellamy with NSW Origin team.
He is a huge upgrade on McAnchor and seems to have some mongrel/anger whilst not afraid to pick youth.
Go for it!!

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Me too the question is whether Greenberg will re-register him after 12 months. I believe he wanted him to have at least 2 years away, but if you can believe the Daily Telegraph they said he was impressed by Flanagan when they met.
My very good source is Twitter by the way:joy: But I live in hope. I will start figuring out some rhymes to get ready in 3 years. Flame Shane, Flanagan not again. That’s it for me maybe he’s a keeper.

sa1nt5

Juniors
I think the issue maybe that the board know our squad is good enough to win the minor premiership ( cough choke what!!!) and if another comes in and does just that, it would highlight their own shortcomings , so they now have to persevere and hope our squad does perform to potential, in spite of mcfraud, to save face and media scrutiny.

hazzbeen

Bench
I hope you are right....my attraction to Flanagan is he is a hard ar*e which is what this side needs to get them back on track, just like Maguire did a few weeks ago at the Wests Tigers, had no issue with dropping players and calling out a side that is under performing in a much more forthright fashion. Flanagan would definitely not put up with someone like Lafai in particular who is lazy and a non performer because he knows the coach wont drop him. He will attract better players and will retain players in a much better fashion than we have been use to with the current coach.
I think it was get rid of the coaching staff below Mary first , then the big one Mary , its all starting to make sense now .... Well I hope so....

Any Thoughts ??

He was seen and mentioned a few months ago in a car dealership with one of our sponsors in Wollongong so I thought this but was shot down months ago

Latest posts