What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Flanagan to Dragons - Suggested in yesterdays Daily Telegragh

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
I remember walking past Flanagan when I went to watch the Dragons' NSW Cup team play Newtown at Henson last year. Surely we could not appoint as our NRL Coach a mentor prepared to watch the reserve grade guys go round? It would be too much of a shock for them if they thought they were a chance of catching the coach's eye. Far better to stick with the guy whose 14 hours a day on the job prevent him from watching their form.

Dragsters

First Grade
What I just don't get is Rothfield writes an article about this very subject in the telegraph (paywall) and then he is on 360 tonight and not a word of it from him or the bobsy twins???

j0nesy

Bench
Now if Flanagan were, by some miracle, to come to the Dragons I wouldn’t put it past our board to have him as assistant coach until Mary finishes his contract.

KiamaSaint

Coach
I was meaning when Kyle comes off contract. I don't know how long his contract is.
What's a contract these days. Waiting for Possm to put together a possible 2020 side, something like this...

1.Turbo
2. Holmes - Flano will bring him over
3. Lomax
4. Billy Smith
5. Koroibete

6.Norman
7. Flanagan

8. Vaughan
9. McInnes
10. Andrew Fifita - Flano will bring him over
11. Frizel
12. Sims
13. Jake T.

14. Hunt - yep million dollar utility
15. David Fifita
16. Leilua
17. K. Sims

Frank Facer

First Grade
Flano, the 2nd best coach in the world after Bellyache ?

The so called maiden premiership will forever be clouded by the preceding years.

Lets not forget, this guy has been suspended ONCE in 2013 for his part in the supplements scandal, and has now been deregistered INDEFINITELY as a coach.

Nice resume.

As to Easts ( Politis ), thinking of signing Flano to coach... LMAO

I didn't say he was the second best coach in the world, I said he would be my second pick in the world. Flanno took a struggling Cronulla and built them into a top 8 on team on a regular basis, including winning Cronulla's maiden premiership. The year he had to sit out they either got the spoon or ran second last. He recruited well. He didn't have the resources that the likes of Bennett had at Brisbane when he won his 5 premierships, or Robbinson has at Easts right now. Flanno would also be a long term candidate, while Bennett would be a short term candidate who would have short term goals and objectives. I also do like the fact that Flanno did play for us coming through the grades. He most likely would have dreamt about coaching us before he even coached Cronulla. Hasler is another who was considered the one of the top 2 coaches in the game several years ago, but got sacked by Canterbury after they failed to make the top 8 and were playing a very bland style of football. He goes back to Manly and miraculously turns them from wooden spoon contenders to top 4 contenders.

Dragsters

First Grade
What I just don't get is Rothfield writes an article about this very subject in the telegraph (paywall) and then he is on 360 tonight and not a word of it from him or the bobsy twins???

Buzz returns and acknowledges his article.

Says he spoke to McGregor to inform him whatever heard, which is that "powerbrokers" at the dragons are "concerned" about him moving forward.

The old flogs on controversy dribble are going to address the story now...

Frank Facer

First Grade
What's a contract these days. Waiting for Possm to put together a possible 2020 side, something like this...

1.Turbo
2. Holmes - Flano will bring him over
3. Lomax
4. Billy Smith
5. Koroibete

6.Norman
7. Flanagan

8. Vaughan
9. McInnes
10. Andrew Fifita - Flano will bring him over
11. Frizel
12. Sims
13. Jake T.

14. Hunt - yep million dollar utility
15. David Fifita
16. Leilua
17. K. Sims
I know you were being sarcastic, but Andrew Fifita has spoken very highly of Flanno and if we signed Flanno to coach us, then maybe we could lure Andrew Fifita too, but he is getting to the twilight of his career now. I do like the idea of our props being Vaughan and Andrew Fifita.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I hope these are more reliable than Mickeylane's sources.

Straight Shooter
Probably less reliable, some pleb on twitter who reckons he knows the inner sanctum, lmfao. Most of the footy players I have met couldn't give two stuffs about talking about footy outside of "work" let alone getting involved in rumours etc, that's for Womans Weekly and New Idea, they want to drink piss, snort coke and pick up women.