1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Shane Flanagan to Dragons - Suggested in yesterdays Daily Telegragh

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Vinnie, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Vinnie

Vinnie Juniors

Yesterday Paper hinted that Flnagan may be allowed to return to coaching and that there is a possibility of him landing at either St Heleens in the English Super League or ST George Illawarra Dragons (even going as far as saying that's why no move has been made on McGregor yet)

Anybody else heard this ???

Any Thoughts ??

2. SBD82

SBD82 Coach

I have some thoughts. Others have thoughts too.

You can find them here:

https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/shane-flanagan.476297/

KiamaSaint, KogarahWarrior and muzby like this.
  3. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 First Grade

I don't like Flannagan but if it means getting rid of McGregor, l'm prepared to like him a little bit or enough to be our coach.

Shows you how desperate l / we, are.

4. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

Agreed OKB. Flano is a much better coach than McGregor. If the NRL allows him to return to the comp as a coach, The SGI Board should immediately sack/payout McGregor and sign up Flanagan so that he is able to get the squad for next year and start preparing the off season with a massive bang!!

5. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

Yep read it where you did. Paper speak and speculation..no substance or seriousness to it..yet!.
    They dont even know when his ban offiicially will be lifted.
    However if available now and Dragons wanted to sign him...then they have my best wishes to go for it.

blacksafake and getsmarty like this.
  6. hazzbeen

hazzbeen Bench

Bring it on ..... Hold on tight its brewing he won't last ....

7. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Bench

Yeah that’s the news I’ve got from my very good sources too...

8. SAP58

SAP58 Juniors

I hope you are right....my attraction to Flanagan is he is a hard ar*e which is what this side needs to get them back on track, just like Maguire did a few weeks ago at the Wests Tigers, had no issue with dropping players and calling out a side that is under performing in a much more forthright fashion. Flanagan would definitely not put up with someone like Lafai in particular who is lazy and a non performer because he knows the coach wont drop him. He will attract better players and will retain players in a much better fashion than we have been use to with the current coach.

9. SAP58

SAP58 Juniors

Me too the question is whether Greenberg will re-register him after 12 months. I believe he wanted him to have at least 2 years away, but if you can believe the Daily Telegraph they said he was impressed by Flanagan when they met.

10. Coffs dragon

Coffs dragon Bench

God I hope there's some truth to this rumour. Like him or hate him, he's a premiership winner plus he served a long apprenticeship under Ricky Stuart at the Roosters plus was assistant to Bellamy with NSW Origin team.
    He is a huge upgrade on McAnchor and seems to have some mongrel/anger whilst not afraid to pick youth.
    Go for it!!

11. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Bench

My very good source is Twitter by the way:joy: But I live in hope. I will start figuring out some rhymes to get ready in 3 years. Flame Shane, Flanagan not again. That’s it for me maybe he’s a keeper.

12. SAP58

SAP58 Juniors

Mine is a mate who is well connected with a few former Illawarra players for what its worth, he lives in hope as well as us !

sco22, getsmarty, jak and 3 others like this.
  13. 18to87

18to87 First Grade

I'll take anyone to get rid of McGregor. Flanagan comes with risk but so do guys like Fitzgibbon. However, there is no reason why a mouldy loaf of bread shouldn't be able to get this side into the top eight, even with players leaving for 2020.

14. muzby

muzby Village Idiot Staff Member

Is he in the Illawarra mafia?

Warabrook saint likes this.
  15. muzby

muzby Village Idiot Staff Member

Actually, an element of this makes sense..

Perhaps the club are putting up with Mary for the rest of this season as they need to wait for Flanagan to be registered again..

You never know.. there could end up being egg on a lot of faces..

16. sa1nt5

sa1nt5 Juniors

I think the issue maybe that the board know our squad is good enough to win the minor premiership ( cough choke what!!!) and if another comes in and does just that, it would highlight their own shortcomings , so they now have to persevere and hope our squad does perform to potential, in spite of mcfraud, to save face and media scrutiny.

17. hazzbeen

hazzbeen Bench

I think it was get rid of the coaching staff below Mary first , then the big one Mary , its all starting to make sense now .... Well I hope so....

18. jak

jak Juniors

there go's your bp again

Old Kogarah Boy 1 likes this.
  19. Michaeldragonslife25

Michaeldragonslife25 Juniors

He was seen and mentioned a few months ago in a car dealership with one of our sponsors in Wollongong so I thought this but was shot down months ago

18to87 and Frank Facer like this.
  20. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 First Grade

:thumbsup:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019