What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelogical

Referee
I'd be far happier persuing/developing forwards and bench strength than spending money on french croissants.

Pazza

First Grade
I'd be far happier persuing/developing forwards and bench strength than spending money on french croissants.

Does the resurgence of Kane Evans and Marata's move to the middle change our need for starting level middle forwards for next season?

For mine i think it might hold off the decision for another season.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Does the resurgence of Kane Evans and Marata's move to the middle change our need for starting level middle forwards for next season?

Nope. We still need at least 1 more, 2 if Niukore plays on the edge.

My preference is Niukore stays in the middle and we recruit another quality middle, as well as another quality edge forward.

Pazza

First Grade
Nope. We need at least 1 more, 2 if Niukore plays on the edge.

i don't know if i see marata as an edge player, looks to be a high energy physical battering ram. Doesn't look to have the skill or footwork to play on the edge. Plus i think playing 80mins dulls his energy which seems to be his best asset.

Eelementary

Post Whore
When he was getting the ball against the Broncos he looked dangerous every single touch. Let's not forget he didn't have a full pre-season and as we saw with Kane Evans and Clint Gutherson last year when you don't have a full pre-season you don't perform at your peak

I think Sivo is a great player, but I think Semi is way ahead of him - at least, in terms of attacking footy (and price tag).

Pazza

First Grade
Semi wasn't the world beating player he became in his first season.

I'd love to revisit this conversation in a couple of seasons.

Maybe by 2021 Sivo will be the better player?

Eelogical

Referee

We will need at least another 1-2 experienced players in the forwards, just like Fergo was needed in the backs.

Eelogical

Referee
Semi wasn't the world beating player he became in his first season.

I'd love to revisit this conversation in a couple of seasons.

Maybe by 2021 Sivo will be the better player?
Agreed. Sivo is his own style of player and has grabbed his opportunities with both hands. He'll get even better next season and beyond. Semi chased the dollars in France, good luck to him. We're better off to concentrate on other areas in our team that need strengthening, wing isn't one of them.

hindy111

Post Whore
Short memories.
Semi was a pain in the arse most time was here with his threats to leave.
Great player and we had great value from him. By far the best running winger. Certainly not best defensive. And plenty can do the same batrrering ram thing as well amd safer under high ball.
Question is do you want to pay 4000-500k extra for the freakish things he will do every 3 or 4 games? I reckon people over estimate how often theyd occur or forget how other wingers also score great tries and have great moments in a game.

400-500k gets an excellent winger. But there are guys on 150k also able to be found who are very capable.

Eelementary

Post Whore
These so-called threats from Semi to leave are greatly exaggerated, tbh.

And while it's true that Semi was raw in his first two seasons, he was still a special talent.

Sivo will be a fine, fine player - already is -, but I doubt he reaches the sheer game-breaking ability that Semi had.

Eelogical

Referee
What sort of idiot would give up prime euro to play for peanut aussie dollars? Besides, by the time he gets back he'd most likely get run down by a decent escargot.

Stevie

Bench
2021 I’d take Semi and play him in the centers after Jennings has gone. Difference Jennings to him in salary is a few hundred k. We can afford it.
Fergo, Semi, Sivo bringing the back back each set would be a nightmare.
Also Fergo’s last year contract wise and that might finish him up.
Bring me the Semi!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Semi isn't going to get his French millions in League, he admitted as mush in an interview.

It will depend on how money hungry he is, if he is keen on the Eels which has has also stated he may be a decent replacement for Fergo in 2021 or Jenko.

Fergo must be on something decent but isn't part of his freight being paid for by the chooks ?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
can't knock his defense but attack is non existent, or it was last Friday from where I was sitting

eel01s

Bench
Hope we got a good deal. Worried about the second year. If he doesn't regain a bit of speed next season (I think he is still not 100%) it could go pear-shaped very quickly.

Semi isn't going to get his French millions in League, he admitted as mush in an interview.

It will depend on how money hungry he is, if he is keen on the Eels which has has also stated he may be a decent replacement for Fergo in 2021 or Jenko.

Fergo must be on something decent but isn't part of his freight being paid for by the chooks ?
I don't think Ferguson had a contract with the Chooks for this year.

Latest posts