What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FINALLY

denis preston

First Grade
Absolutely. It is negligent for the club to do otherwise. The more time passes in September and October without McGregor gone, the less likely he will be.
They have got a bit of time. Been told that the conditioning coach has most of the work up until xmas and they don't have ball in hand until after Xmas as well. New coach can start inmid to late Nov with no issues.

Old Timer

Coach
They have got a bit of time. Been told that the conditioning coach has most of the work up until xmas and they don't have ball in hand until after Xmas as well. New coach can start inmid to late Nov with no issues.
Hopefully someone has Mc Grinners balls in hand well before Christmas and squeezes them and he leaves.
Can’t afford to waste anymore time and I would like to see a real coach work in conjunction with the conditioning staff to ensure the right type of work is being undertaken rather than the good old
“Toughest pre-season yet” rhetoric.

Pro Dragons

Juniors
Let's hope they are already negotiating behind the scenes for a new coach. I think they need a very experienced coach to sort out the mess McGregor will leave behind. The last thing we need is another rookie NRL coach. We've had virgin coaches since Bennett left and it has been a disaster. My vote would be for a coach with runs on the board like Griffin or Flanagan.

TruSaint

Referee
Let's hope they are already negotiating behind the scenes for a new coach. I think they need a very experienced coach to sort out the mess McGregor will leave behind. The last thing we need is another rookie NRL coach. We've had virgin coaches since Bennett left and it has been a disaster. My vote would be for a coach with runs on the board like Griffin or Flanagan.

Cant be Flanagan.

NRL said they wont register him for 2020.

SBD82

Coach
Nice descriptive response to muzby Jnr
A puff of smoke and highly cancerous.
The unflushable turd and his alter ego will try to tag team you but it is terribly transparent. So stick to your guns as they don’t hold the keys to the place.
Feel free to address me directly if you’ve got something you need to get off your chest OT.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
And your entitled to your opinion as am I.
Actually, this is not an issue about your opinion. I merged the threads because they were the same topic. Sometimes I let a second thread stand but in this case the subject matter is already being widely discussed across numerous threads.

First and foremost, this is about making the forum easier to navigate. Thank you in advance it for contributing to threads that are already on topic. It helps other forummers join in the discussions and also means less work for the moderators who volunteer their time.

Cheers.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I keep hearing we don't have the money to pay him out
I hope we do.
Doesn't Bruce Gordon the owner have plenty.
Surely he'd have enough.
I don't think anyone really knows the detail of McGregor's contract. I wouldn't take the word of a reporter, especially when they have been wrong before.

The business part of me used to say, "surely the contract has a clause that is based on on-field performance or results..." I mean, that would make sense. But it wouldn't surprise me if that's not the case. Again, I don't know the details.

But these things are often not about money or payouts. Contracts can end in an amicable manner. Deals can be done with win-win outcomes, eg jobs elsewhere. Just look at how politics work - for better or worse. At the end of the day, it is a business.

Actually, this is not an issue about your opinion. I merged the threads because they were the same topic. Sometimes I let a second thread stand but in this case the subject matter is already being widely discussed across numerous threads.

First and foremost, this is about making the forum easier to navigate. Thank you in advance it for contributing to threads that are already on topic. It helps other forummers join in the discussions and also means less work for the moderators who volunteer their time.

Cheers.

Usually all good but would of liked 14 day countdown thread for the long suffering fans to have a laugh at and making get some joy in the end but thanks anyways appreciate it

jeffdragon

Bench
I think he will stay on as coach, and if he doesn't perform next year before halfway of the season then he is out.
By then though the year will be a waste.
I don't think they will have the balls to get rid if him

denis preston

First Grade
I think he will stay on as coach, and if he doesn't perform next year before halfway of the season then he is out.
By then though the year will be a waste.
I don't think they will have the balls to get rid if him

Glass half empty summation ! IMO the board will know they haven't got any new players next year so why will Mary show something brilliant to turn the side around nest season that he hasn't shown in the past 5 years ? He has really browned off a lot of the players and playing staff.Sure Graham, Vaughan , Lafai, Aitkin, plodamore & Kufusi love him because they are the coaches favorites but i know the clubs media is not game to put a microphone under Frizzell's nose and ask for his thoughts on supercoach. Again Millward will be reminding the Board how the coach has made the pathways program work better for their opponents than the club and the conditioning guy will reveal a thing or two.Can you imagine what Hornby & Young will say now knowing their jobs are gone ( not to mention Young senior after this sitting back and letting Mary carry on next year ? dont think so ) Only when staff think their job is in jeopardy do they reveal the truth and i'd say the Board has already heard some stories.

i still can't get over mister 70 hour a week man not attending most CC games !

blacksafake

First Grade
Glass half empty summation ! IMO the board will know they haven't got any new players next year so why will Mary show something brilliant to turn the side around nest season that he hasn't shown in the past 5 years ? He has really browned off a lot of the players and playing staff.Sure Graham, Vaughan , Lafai, Aitkin, plodamore & Kufusi love him because they are the coaches favorites but i know the clubs media is not game to put a microphone under Frizzell's nose and ask for his thoughts on supercoach. Again Millward will be reminding the Board how the coach has made the pathways program work better for their opponents than the club and the conditioning guy will reveal a thing or two.Can you imagine what Hornby & Young will say now knowing their jobs are gone ( not to mention Young senior after this sitting back and letting Mary carry on next year ? dont think so ) Only when staff think their job is in jeopardy do they reveal the truth and i'd say the Board has already heard some stories.

i still can't get over mister 70 hour a week man not attending most CC games !
I think you’re close to the mark DP. I stated elsewhere that a friend of mine gave it to L plate & the board on Instagram & Frizells wife was one of the first to like it. And yes I can’t see Albert sitting on his hands whilst Dean gets thrown under the bus.

Yes Dennis he does at times particularly when he is propping up our Imposter...I also noticed Graham had trouble finding some new prop up material this week...well it appeared to me that way
We know Kent is a goose and all his carry on about McGregor's coaching ability just makes him look stupid.
It's the excuses that get me.
Constant bleating about JDB and Widdop being out injured.
We haven't won much since Widdop's return have we?
Finally Graham is doing himself no favours with his pleading defence of McGregor.
The talk about not having money to buy a JDB replacement or to pay McGregor out is sickening.
They will lose more money keeping McGregor than paying him out.
I honestly wonder sometimes whether we are watching the same football games as Kent and some of these other cardboard cut out journos.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Go the Tits!
I understand. But as hard as I try I just can't barrack for the other side. I get angry and curse the coach, the ref etc. During the game I go through all the same old levels of joy and frustration... granted, it's mostly frustration nowadays.

In any case, I have to believe the coach is nearing the end of his tenure. Plus I like to think the fans venting their frustration from the stands has contributed to the inevitable demise of the current coaching regime.

The bigger question is, who will be next? Or more importantly, has the Club learnt anything?

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I understand. But as hard as I try I just can't barrack for the other side. I get angry and curse the coach, the ref etc. During the game I go through all the same old levels of joy and frustration... granted, it's mostly frustration nowadays.

In any case, I have to believe the coach is nearing the end of his tenure. Plus I like to think the fans venting their frustration from the stands has contributed to the inevitable demise the current coaching regime.

The bigger question is, who will be next? Or more importantly, has the Club learnt anything?

As a supporter of this mediocre club for many years...I can tell you they have learnt nothing.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...of the last 4 coaches we have had, 1 was a premiership coach with a proven track record who helped deliver a long awaited premiership. the other 3 were rookie coaches who had/ have no idea how to coach a team. And this team continues to reward mediocrity by resigning the last bloke and making him the longest serving coach of all time at the club. My bet is the next coach will be another rookie who is cheap, and associated with the club somehow...watch this space.

Latest posts