What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Does anyone have an nrl code that I may please scab for the storm final? I have a member code for the parr’s/broncos final so don’t need that.

wazdog

Juniors
Rabbitohs supporter bays are down to limited availability for Friday night.

The Ticketek site is the worst. You can currently only buy Cat 1 tickets in the O’Reilly stand and not Berwongle (i.e. filling the seats you can see on TV first).

adamkungl

Immortal
Posted in another thread, but belongs here more

Roosters @ our temporary home at the SCG (excl Magic, Adelaide, Central Coast) have a 15,666 average, which is thankfully not the disaster that was predicted.

And for the psychos who think Roosters should be the only club not allowed to count their biggest game of the season in their crowd average, the average without Anzac Day is still a reasonable 12,800,
comparable with any other Sydney team except Eels who saw a big increase at Bankwest.

Bring on the new stadiums at Moore Park and Olympic Park!

Billythekid

First Grade
Posted in another thread, but belongs here more

Roosters @ our temporary home at the SCG (excl Magic, Adelaide, Central Coast) have a 15,666 average, which is thankfully not the disaster that was predicted.

And for the psychos who think Roosters should be the only club not allowed to count their biggest game of the season in their crowd average, the average without Anzac Day is still a reasonable 12,800,
comparable with any other Sydney team except Eels who saw a big increase at Bankwest.

Bring on the new stadiums at Moore Park and Olympic Park!

To be fair not every other Sydney team is reigning premier and favourite to win the comp again.

Hank_Scorpio

Juniors
To be fair our actual average without lopping off the top crowds to appease haters is 3000-6000 higher than most Sydney teams

Your home average is your home average, no matter when it's played, no stupid exclusions. If you have generated ways to maximize your crowds through event games then all the power to you. The rest of the sooks can suck it up and lift their own game and find ways to improve their numbers.

adamkungl

Immortal
Your home average is your home average, no matter when it's played, no stupid exclusions. If you have generated ways to maximize your crowds through event games then all the power to you. The rest of the sooks can suck it up and lift their own game and find ways to improve their numbers.

I've always wondering why more clubs don't copy the Anzac Day idea.
Obviously there's only one Anzac Day, but other public holidays are under-utilised.

This year:
Good Friday: 2 games (Bulldogs, Storm home games)
Easter Monday: 1 game (Eels)
Anzac Day: 2 games (Roosters, Storm)

Is the reason we don't use Queens Birthday in June because QLD doesn't have it?
Is it possible to give every club a public holiday home game every year?

Perth Red

Post Whore

Billythekid

First Grade
To be fair our actual average without lopping off the top crowds to appease haters is 3000-6000 higher than most Sydney teams

I don’t expect you to remove the ANZAC day game, all games should count. I just think every Sydney team in the comp could average around 15K with that level of success and more than half would easily average more.

I definitely agree that the crowds have been a lot better than expected.

Hank_Scorpio

Juniors
Obviously there's only one Anzac Day, but other public holidays are under-utilised.

This year:

I know down here, other clubs have tried to find event games, Richmond and Melbourne have recently forged the ANZAC Eve game and that seems to have a fantastic atmosphere with the ceremony performed at night with all lights turned off. Surely two NRL teams can use ANZAC Eve, Good Friday Eve and other days to piggy back off public holidays if they are taken by other teams?

parrawentyfan

Juniors

This year:

Have long thought this should happen. Panthers, Sharks or Sea-eagles need something like this to bump up the average. But it would mean a game away from home.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Does anyone have an nrl code that I may please scab for the storm final? I have a member code for the parr’s/broncos final so don’t need that.

Speaking of nrl codes, apparently nrl account holders (nrl.com accounts?) get early access to finals games vis a vis general public. Anyone know how to actually get the codes? Pretty sure I have an account but have never ever received one..

adamkungl

Immortal
Bulldogs v Dragons has been a QB staple for about 4-5 years now from memory, maybe longer?

Huh didn't realise this. My bad.
Still - my point mostly still stands. Apart from Anzac day which you don't want to overdo, there's no harm in having 3 games on other public holidays and letting more clubs in on the action.

Valheru

Coach
Huh didn't realise this. My bad.
Still - my point mostly still stands. Apart from Anzac day which you don't want to overdo, there's no harm in having 3 games on other public holidays and letting more clubs in on the action.

Can't do that. That would mean the other clubs fans couldn't be victims and deride our ANZAC crowd for no good reason.

Latest posts