What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
She identified 1 labour seat in NSW under drought that never received a cent, cant find the tweet though. She appears to spend a lot of time on social media, she posts a lot and in the 2 days since she posted these there is a gazillion subsequent tweets.

She was retweeted by Madunit which is how her feed came up, no idea who she is.
I wonder if any drought-stricken Coalition seats missed out on funding?

Gronk

Staff member
Let's send Gronk there.
giphy.gif

Gronk

Staff member
The Minister for Social Services on why there should not be a raise in the Newstart Allowance. Tarring everyone with the same brush much ?

Sorry, I don’t buy the notes of tangerine and river pebbles with a white chocolate and paspalum finish stuff. It’s not that I don’t believe it, I just think that the scrutiny is unnecessary (in judging perhaps it is) for the common merkin who is looking for cleansing ale after work.

Yeh well you wouldn't know you isinglass from your arse.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The Minister for Social Services on why there should not be a raise in the Newstart Allowance. Tarring everyone with the same brush much ?

Some of these Libs just make it so hard to like or support them, as they are just a bunch of silver spoons.

Going back to Joe Hockey "if you cant afford a mortgage then just get a better job"

Scomo "best way to get off welfare is to get a job"

Potato Head wants climate protesters to have their welfare payments stopped, sif everyone who cares about the environment is on the dole, didn't he cop some stick from professionals on social media (who had pretested) yesterday.

Now we have this clown saying that any increases in welfare will just go on addictions, I would think a lot of struggling single mums and dads would be pretty filthy about this type of statement.

They are such a bunch of f**king snobs who have never done it tough and so hopelessly out of touch with reality.

Bring back Turnbull, at least he had a clue.

Gronk

Staff member
ScoMo overnight made a speech to the Lowy Institute. He echoed Trump’s speech to the UN on “negative” globalism.

The Prime Minister said he did not want to see global organisations like the UN getting overly involved in the governance of independent nations.

"The world works best, we believe, I believe, when the character and distinctiveness of independent nations is preserved within a framework of mutual respect," Mr Morrison said.

"This includes respecting the electoral mandates of their constituencies.

So basically he doesn’t want to be part of the global community and do as he pleases. Or he will be part of it, but don’t be critical if we don’t follow UN mandates. Conservatism 101 - they don’t like change and more importantly don’t like being told what to do.

I’m not so sure he can have his cake and eat it too. Our economy his very much contingent on foreign markets and trade.

Didims doesn’t want the UN dictating policy. What is he talking about? Climate policy, refugees, human rights ....

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10...t-united-nations-during-lowy-lecture/11572804

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
ScoMo overnight made a speech to the Lowy Institute. He echoed Trump’s speech to the UN on “negative” globalism.

The Prime Minister said he did not want to see global organisations like the UN getting overly involved in the governance of independent nations.

"The world works best, we believe, I believe, when the character and distinctiveness of independent nations is preserved within a framework of mutual respect," Mr Morrison said.

"This includes respecting the electoral mandates of their constituencies.

So basically he doesn’t want to part of the global community and do as he pleases. Conservatism 101 - they don’t like change and more importantly don’t like being told what to do.

I’m not do sure he can have his cake and eat it too. Our economy his very much contingent on foreign markets and trade.

Didims doesn’t want the UN dictating policy. What is he talking about? Climate policy, refugees, human rights ....

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10...t-united-nations-during-lowy-lecture/11572804
The UN have had a history of intervening when it comes to unique situations within individual countries. I don't think thats right. Do you?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He is one of the greatest users of rhetoric that I've ever heard. He puts a whole lot of words together to form a sentence that means little, or nothing.

he could have simply said, "we are doing nothing"

"Binary comprehensive" was one of his best

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Which means what ? That because the UN have not got it right on some occasions, ipso facto they are redundant ?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wo...and-failures-of-UN-peacekeeping-missions.html
Nope. I'll respond with the UNESCO and the Great Barrier Reef story tonight and Ill let you be the judge as to whether they have overstepped their role in that instance.

The UN are entirely relevant and necessary, but roles responsibilities and battery limits are paramount.

Gronk

Staff member
What does this map tell us @Gary Gutful

It was judged on ...

1. Energy Security
A nation’s capacity to meet current and future energy demand reliably, and bounce back swiftly from system shocks with minimal disruption to supply. This dimension covers the effectiveness of management of domestic and external energy sources, as well as the reliability and resilience of energy infrastructure.

2. Energy Equity
A country’s ability to provide universal access to reliable, affordable, and abundant energy for domestic and commercial use. This dimension captures basic access to electricity and clean cooking fuels and technologies, access to prosperity-enabling levels of energy consumption, and affordability of electricity, gas, and fuel.

3. Environmental Sustainability
The transition of a country’s energy system towards mitigating and avoiding environmental harm and climate change impacts. This dimension focuses on productivity and efficiency of generation, transmission and distribution, decarbonization, and air quality.

We are ranked 28th in the world with a score ^^ of BAB. Our ranking neighbours are Croatia, Romania, Portugal and Estonia.

In contrast OECD Rankings by GDP, we are ranked 10th, Croatia don't make top 50, Romania don't make top 50, Portugal 28th, Estonia 26th.

Compared to the highest ranked Estonia, our GDP is 4 times theirs.

Latest posts