What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
Chill everybody. As an old wise Calm One once said.
No player is coming here. No player is leaving here.
Welcome to the Hotel St George Illawarra
I distinctly remember some same outrage when we were supposedly shopping Dufty around at the same time last year and Canberra where keen on him then too.

This story is covered in other threads anyway.

TheFlash

Juniors
Free up Cap Space Lol, it's not like he is on $600k, that it will free up a massive amount, he would be lucky to be on $250k, also can't see him up rooting to Canberra , he's partner Jessica Sergis will have a say as well, if he does go will be to Tigers, makes both their lives easier..

Old Timer

Coach
This makes absolutely no sense to me. The only way it makes any sense is if it were instigated by Lomax.

I wonder if Ramien is our target. Even if this were the case, would you not get rid of Aitken or Lafai first?

Nothing but disdain for how this circus has been managed since 2011.
Knowing us BJ Leilua is the target
When Canberra see him being of little value to their future he instantly comes into our sights as a target
We love a player nearing the end of a career and have little use for a player staring one.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
He’s from Temora so would fit in in Canberra, a lot of Sydney peeps can’t handle the cold and boredom of Canberra hence why they now exclusively target the poms and tough country boys. They have a plan in other words, something we severely lack.
There must be questions about their salary cap though coming up. They have Williams coming next year plus Bateman looking for an upgrade. Obviously Sezer, Rapana and Leilua will go but Papalii, Wighton, Hodgson have all gone to another level and will command more money.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Free up Cap Space Lol, it's not like he is on $600k, that it will free up a massive amount, he would be lucky to be on $250k, also can't see him up rooting to Canberra , he's partner Jessica Sergis will have a say as well, if he does go will be to Tigers, makes both their lives easier..

Exactly this.

Firstly, no club can negotiate with any player until Nov 1. Stating Limax us a "target" only suggests they are intetested, but doesn't necessarily mean he is and whilst Jess is playing for the Dragons it would be a major stretch on their relationship, unless Canberra suddenly had a womens team.
Secondly, to state he has been given permission to shop around would basically mean the journalist phoned the club, spoke to whoever to get this scope! Really!!!! There may have been given some permission to test his value in the marketplace, given he's probably on a lower end scale with us. Report back with the highest offer and negotiate from there.
Thirdly, to free up cap space, lol, see my second point above.

As you stated, Lomax was in discussion with McGuire at the Dally M awards. Does that mean he's going to the tigers?

I find it more interesting that if this Rumour is real then why haven't they gone after the more experienced and international player in Aiken? Why, the answer is very simple it's because he's so s*** no one else but the dragons would play him in first grade, nevertheless play him at Center.

The proof of what we've all been saying is right there. It's a shame our "coach" cannot see it.

twinkletoes

Juniors
Exactly this.

Firstly, no club can negotiate with any player until Nov 1. Stating Limax us a "target" only suggests they are intetested, but doesn't necessarily mean he is and whilst Jess is playing for the Dragons it would be a major stretch on their relationship, unless Canberra suddenly had a womens team.
Secondly, to state he has been given permission to shop around would basically mean the journalist phoned the club, spoke to whoever to get this scope! Really!!!! There may have been given some permission to test his value in the marketplace, given he's probably on a lower end scale with us. Report back with the highest offer and negotiate from there.

As you stated, Lomax was in discussion with McGuire at the Dally M awards. Does that mean he's going to the tigers?

I find it more interesting that if this Rumour is real then why haven't they gone after the more experienced and international player in Aiken? Why, the answer is very simple it's because he's so s*** no one else but the dragons would play him in first grade, nevertheless play him at Center.

The proof of what we've all been saying is right there. It's a shame our "coach" cannot see it.

Previously spotted with McGuire having dinner some weeks ago!!

Gareth67

First Grade
Exactly this.

I have my money on the rorters, for quite some time now - Freddy the Fiddle thinks the world of young Lomax and would had had a word in Uncle Nicks ear by now .

Of course I do hope that I am wrong and that he remains a dragon , he only needs a decent coach to go to the next level , but the bloke isn’t stupid and realizes that there are none where he is at the moment .

TruSaint

Referee
Exactly this.

By the letter of the law, what you say is spot on.

However, the old " sense out your value and get back to us " defence is naive. Its the same line thrown out with Friz. If the club cant ascertain a value for a player without asking the players manager to engage the market directly, then they are dumber that we already think. Nov 1 is just a date.

A disgruntled player's manager will not only beef up interest, but will with a nod and a wink make it known to any other Club that maybe a deal is possible. Lomax did a podcast some months ago, I think with Denan Kemp and talked openly about his frustrations.

I dont know if he would leave or not, and I also agree he's not on big coin. But our cap has been reported by many journos as being tight. Have no idea how.

I want the kid to stay as he has been f**ked around too much, but in another sense Im ok for a few players to move on, as it may well trigger an alarm in the board room.. Bottom line, if he left I wouldnt blame him, be it Tigers or Canberra.

In October 2014, BMoz was pictured with a fan saying he would never join the Dogs. By the 23rd of that month he was a Canterbury Player.

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
I have my money on the rorters, for quite some time now - Freddy the Fiddle thinks the world of young Lomax and would had had a word in Uncle Nicks ear by now .

Of course I do hope that I am wrong and that he remains a dragon , he only needs a decent coach to go to the next level , but the bloke isn’t stupid and realizes that there are none where he is at the moment .

Only way he will end up at the Roosters is if one of their centres move on...not happening @ this stage.

SaintPauli

Juniors
When your leaving a club or business and your disgruntled with that organisation, it's actually quite easy and in the persons eyes quite justifiable to B.S. about what your really thinking. I see it constantly at work and in the NRL

Often rumours such a Frizzel and Lomax
and B.Morris in the past indicate their are underlying issues with the Dragons Organisation. It simply points to having the right hierarchy to ensure stability in a business. We ain't got that! I simply can't see it!