The Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by John moz, Apr 5, 2017.

1. 18to87

18to87 First Grade

I'd be interested to know if some of the other younger players think McGregor is a nice bloke...

Warabrook saint likes this.
  2. SEAT 1A

SEAT 1A Juniors

Everybody is motivated differently, it's not that Timm is a complete flog. Regardless of what he does off the field, he produces on the field.

Seems L plate doesn't has a plan B of the field as well. Hell, he doesn't even watch the CC boys.

Another player throwen on the scrap heap due to the head coaches inflexible attitude, why oh why I ask.

3. Dragon Revival

Dragon Revival Juniors

I read on here that they had a problem with Timm's lateral movement.

4. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Juniors

If this is true and he was having a few issues with explaining this to Timm, what better way than to throw him in FG for a game, and if he gets torn to shreds, that stops Timms argument pretty quickly and if he goes well we’ve unearthed some depth.

5. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

They haven't had a problem with Aitken's lateral movement.... 4 years and counting.

6. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Juniors

Mary likes the back and forth motion of his head too much to worry about the lateral stuff.

RedV Resurgence and getsmarty like this.
  7. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

FMD easily fixed

8. SaintPauli

SaintPauli Juniors

You mean like John Lang who played a successful carreer at the gummies.
    Made rep honours too.

Old Kogarah Boy 1 likes this.
  9. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 Bench

Not so sure about the lateral movement but McGregor been causing much bowel movement up in this neck of the woods.

Shares in Sorbent have increased threefold since he was appointed.

SaintPauli and 2010 like this.
  10. mickeylane

mickeylane Bench

11. redVinme

redVinme Juniors

Done.
    Just f**king done

12. Slackboy72

Slackboy72 First Grade

Yeah can't access that link. You want to TLDR it for us?

TruSaint likes this.
  13. Overseas dragon

Overseas dragon Juniors

We have a bunch of idiots looking after our roster. And the head of the snake PAUL MCGREGOR. Why doesn't somebody cut of the f**king head.... Before he drives this famous club and we become another NEWTOWN or NORTH SYDNEY...

sco22, Warabrook saint and Gareth67 like this.
  14. merahputih

merahputih Juniors

Pay wall.

15. TruSaint

TruSaint Coach

Canberra Raiders set their sights on St George Illawarra Dragons young gun Zac Lomax for 2021

They are preparing for a grand final on Sunday, but the Canberra Raiders are also looking to the future by setting their sights on highly-touted St George Illawarra Dragons centre Zac Lomax.

The Green Machine will do battle with the Sydney Roosters as they look to win their first premiership since 1994, but they certainly aren't resting on the laurels.

According to
    The Australian's senior reporter Brent Read, the Raiders are very keen on the 20 year old.

“They’re not resting on their laurels the Raiders, they are already looking at their options for 2021 and I understand they are very keen on Zac Lomax, the St George Illawarra outside back," he told Sporting News.

"He is more a centre, Zac, and they are looking at him as a centre potentially for when BJ Leilua leaves.

"He is an interesting one, his contract is up at the end of 2020 and they have given him permission to go and negotiate.

"Lomax is their long-term goal to replace Leilua, so we will see whether or not BJ can find another home."

It would be a fair replacement for Leilua if he was to depart the club - Lomax has been dubbed 'the gifted one' by NSW head coach Brad Fittler after seeing him rise through the ranks.

And the Dragons are looking to free up room in their cap, which means Lomax could head to the nation's capital as early as next season as they look to sort out their long-term roster.

“If BJ goes and Lomax signs for 2021, maybe St George will be tempted to let him go a year early," he said.

"The Leilua situation is interesting because his departure could impact on John Bateman because they will have a bit more cash to give him and settle down that situation.

"It doesn’t sound like BJ will have a rest, he will be busy in the off-season."

The Bulldogs are rumoured to be keen on Leilua's services, while the Tigers have been in talks with Lomax in recent weeks.

getsmarty likes this.
  16. willzy91

willzy91 Juniors

There’s maybe 15-20 more players I’d be getting rid of to free up cap space before Lomax. It’s so sad to see our once great club turn into the laughing stock it now is.

17. Gareth67

Gareth67 Bench

Sadly we ARE a Newtown - North Sydney. Those 2 clubs died as a result of lack of finances and in Newtowns case their juniors were almost non-existent as a result of both Eastern Suburbs and South Sydney encroaching upon their catchment area .

Whereas we here at the great St.George Illawarra are in our death throes as a direct result of an over abundance of fools who are determined to bring this club to its knees .

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  18. Red V for life

Red V for life Juniors

This makes absolutely no sense to me. The only way it makes any sense is if it were instigated by Lomax.

I wonder if Ramien is our target. Even if this were the case, would you not get rid of Aitken or Lafai first?

Nothing but disdain for how this circus has been managed since 2011.

19. gitano

gitano Juniors

I tried telling yas. I know my footy. Lomax has stalled in his development, despite mutliple chances.

Move now to lock up Euan and free cash to find a fullback

BLM01 likes this.
  20. possm

possm Coach

Why are people protecting Millward. Retention is his job and so it is up to hime to keep our bets and brightest. SGI will live to regret decisions like this and the fans will walk.

I say get rid of Johston, Mary and Millward before it is too late.