What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

denis preston

First Grade
T

The club had a second year option on his contract which they didn't take up.
He will not be at the club next year.
Hope the Flanagan situation reverses that.Surely Gould would have heard from Soward & Mark Carroll how good this bloke could be and put this into his report. If he has left than no club has picked him up yet by the looks. This one is really hard to fathom unless there is a really dark secret about him the club is holding back.

Gareth67

First Grade
Timm is shown as unsigned next season, will be interesting to see if we sign him, but why would he want to stay
He was listed as a player of the year for being best prop in the CC.
Looks like he could develop into a very good prop
But it seems he is on the outer with the club, it will be interesting to see if he gets the flick
His mother posted on Facebook how proud she was when he signed with us

Perhaps Gus may (?) have a talk to the maestro and explain the difference between a raw- boned tough beggar and a over the hill journeyman .

The latter is not what the Dragons need if they are to climb out of the historic low ebb that the team now finds itself at .

APOLOGIES SAP58 - I had not read your post before posting my own , I have basically repeated what you have said .

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
T

That is ridiculous, if we had a plan to buy an established player fair enough but I doubt there is a player emerging or established currently on the market better than Timm. Plus we need to fill our 30 man squad somehow which with our cap issues mean that it’s going to be a like for like player price wise.
In the words of Toovey, there needs to be an investigation.

blacksafake

First Grade
T

Thanks George,
Do you know if there were any issues with his attitude or such, Because I've heard Spud Carroll talk about him saying he's a good kid who wants to learn which is what you want from a younger player.
I think he may be a year or so away from NRL grade but certainly worth keeping.

BBTB

Juniors
Thanks George,
Do you know if there were any issues with his attitude or such, Because I've heard Spud Carroll talk about him saying he's a good kid who wants to learn which is what you want from a younger player.
I think he may be a year or so away from NRL grade but certainly worth keeping.
We need an explanation from the club... :question:why are we loosing L. Timm.
Please explain?

since77

Juniors
It's been said around here that he confronted McGregor about not getting a run and perhaps that was that.

That makes a lot of sense considering McGregor’s lame comment about Allgood “never complaining” the week he picked him in first grade earlier this year. The kind of coach who picks uncomplaining bog average journeymen over a young forward leading the CC comp stats. Unbelievable stuff.

denis preston

First Grade
It's been said around here that he confronted McGregor about not getting a run and perhaps that was that.

Does Head , Hornby & young believe he deserves a go ? The fact that f**knuckle appears to have so much power is bewildering. Does the club have exit interviews ? Wonder what Hornby & Head will say and did Gould interview them. Parisites will only say what they really think when their job is taken away.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
That makes a lot of sense considering McGregor’s lame comment about Allgood “never complaining” the week he picked him in first grade earlier this year. The kind of coach who picks uncomplaining bog average journeymen over a young forward leading the CC comp stats. Unbelievable stuff.
Not sticking up for Mary or anything but maybe the Allgood comment was in reference to his family issues rather than a veiled swipe at Timm. Mary might not be an elite coach but that doesn’t mean he’s a bad bloke.

Reactions: jak

slippery5

Juniors
Timm is shown as unsigned next season, will be interesting to see if we sign him, but why would he want to stay
He was listed as a player of the year for being best prop in the CC.
Looks like he could develop into a very good prop
But it seems he is on the outer with the club, it will be interesting to see if he gets the flick
His mother posted on Facebook how proud she was when he signed with us
He was told by McNoidea in June that he doesn't think he is a 1st grader. So take what ever you think from that. He will possibly do off season with rival club.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
He was told by McNoidea in June that he doesn't think he is a 1st grader. So take what ever you think from that. He will possibly do off season with rival club.
Well time will tell I guess. One thing I will say is that very few that have been let go have really kicked on and hurt us.

slippery5

Juniors
Good on him if he did.
Maybe his delivery was imperfect but everyone should back themselves to achieve.

McIdiot obviously R-soles anyone who questions him.
Can't wait till Flanagan headbutts him in the nuts.
Can't say exactly what happened but I can say McNoidea tells the opposite of the truth in this matter.

Old Timer

Coach
Yes, you can never complain if you inspire to make your Nrl debut, ask Allgood.
Not sure on the disagreement, but McNoidea has been described as a blatant liar.
Just like the promise he made Lomax at the back end of 2018 which he walked away from day 1 of the trials in 2019.
The man says what he thinks will fix the problem for that moment in time and then thinks everything is back to normal as per his thinking process just 5 minutes later and all will be forgotten.
All this bull shit about him being a good bloke and good man manager is just blatantly wrong.