What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issac Luke

BIG RIG

Juniors
Just read on the telegraph website that we are set to sign Issac Luke on a 1 yr deal as our 14 off the bench in 2020

Thoughts ?

TruSaint

Referee
St George Illawarra Dragons set to resurrect Issac Luke’s career

St George Illawarra are set to land their first signing for 2020 with Issac Luke set to join as cover for former South Sydney teammate Cameron McInnes.

source dt..

SAP58

Juniors
Just read on the telegraph website that we are set to sign Issac Luke on a 1 yr deal as our 14 off the bench in 2020

Thoughts ?
Still has a bit to offer IMO for a good price & a great backup for Cam coming back from injury & as the article says Cam could play lock when Luke comes on if they don’t want to rest him.

SAP58

Juniors
I was a big fan of his years ago.
He's busted now.
Didn’t think he had a bad year this year but age is certainly not on his side. If Cam does get hurt next year our best option would be Hunt to hooker which is where many think he should play anyway.

TruSaint

Referee
Didn’t think he had a bad year this year but age is certainly not on his side. If Cam does get hurt next year our best option would be Hunt to hooker which is where many think he should play anyway.

I just dont think such a signing ( if it happens ) is the way to go. Like I said, years back I rated the guy.
Would like to know $$$ here as well.

TruSaint

Referee
St. George Illawarra Dragons set to throw clubless hooker Issac Luke a lifeline

WRITTEN BYSPORTING NEWS
LEAGUE
ST. GEORGE-ILLAWARRA DRAGONS
LEAGUE

The St. George Illawarra Dragons are on the verge of completing their first signing of the off-season, with former Warriors hooker Issac Luke set to join as coverage for Cameron McInnes.

According to The Daily Telegraph, the clubless Kiwi is due to be thrown a lifeline by the Dragons, who are looking to offer up a cut-price one-year deal to secure Luke's services.

McInnes was once Luke's understudy at South Sydney, and was for long viewed as the man to replace him when Luke moved to the Warriors in 2016.

However, since moving to the Dragons in 2017, McInnes has been a revelation and following his best season to date, look set to be handed the club captaincy with the departure of Gareth Widdop.

With back up rake Reece Robson signing with the Cowboys midway through the year, the Dragons have identified Luke as an ideal replacement.

Whilst it's unclear where Luke will fit in the 17 next season, Paul McGregor could opt to use McInnes at lock at different stages next season should Jack de Belin not return, thereby giving Luke an opportunity at dummy-half.

After playing his last game in Warriors colours, having not been offered a new deal, the outlook for Luke didn't look promising following an inconsistent 2019 season.

The Tigers and Sea Eagles reportedly had a nibble at the experienced rake, but neither club chose to make a move.

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-12_19-13-18.gif
    upload_2019-10-12_19-13-18.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 3
  • upload_2019-10-12_19-14-55.gif
    upload_2019-10-12_19-14-55.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 2

qld redvee

Juniors
supercoach doesnt rate Robson ( cheaper ) so off you go . Also mcinness never replaced until he busted his leg so we never swapped hookers .Now 2020 we suddenly think carrying a hooker on the bench is cutting edge stuff.. Plus I think Luke is getting to the injury prone time ( does that fall under supercoach mantra of experienced plodder) seriously we need centres and wingers not a spare hooker that will also block another junior .

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I'm 70% ok with it if true. The remaining 30% has questions:
10% -1 yr only?
10% - salary?
10% - who does he replace on the bench?

I think Luke would be decent back-up to McInnes especially after we've lost Robson. I'm not sure if they see Lovodua as a hooker, if so, then Luke would he a decent mentor for him.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
turns 33 years old next season...
Perfect fit

There’s our replacement motorbike rider / plodder.
Have we really sunk this low?
If we thought this year was bad, it was just a dress rehearsal for the season of hell next year.

Geez l can’t stand McGregor.
He has a lot to answer for.
As for Flanagan, never would l have wished to have a drug riddled cap cheater on our books and here l am rolling out the red carpet for Mr Peptide 2016 in a desperate attempt to gain some winning culture back.

TruSaint

Referee
I'm 70% ok with it if true. The remaining 30% has questions:
10% -1 yr only?
10% - salary?
10% - who does he replace on the bench?

I think Luke would be decent back-up to McInnes especially after we've lost Robson. I'm not sure if they see Lovodua as a hooker, if so, then Luke would he a decent mentor for him.

1 year ... his age
Salary ... enough to take more of the cap from another prospect.

Dont like it one bit.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
St. George Illawarra Dragons set to throw clubless hooker Issac Luke a lifeline

WRITTEN BYSPORTING NEWS
LEAGUE
ST. GEORGE-ILLAWARRA DRAGONS
LEAGUE

The St. George Illawarra Dragons are on the verge of completing their first signing of the off-season, with former Warriors hooker Issac Luke set to join as coverage for Cameron McInnes.

According to The Daily Telegraph, the clubless Kiwi is due to be thrown a lifeline by the Dragons, who are looking to offer up a cut-price one-year deal to secure Luke's services.

McInnes was once Luke's understudy at South Sydney, and was for long viewed as the man to replace him when Luke moved to the Warriors in 2016.

However, since moving to the Dragons in 2017, McInnes has been a revelation and following his best season to date, look set to be handed the club captaincy with the departure of Gareth Widdop.

With back up rake Reece Robson signing with the Cowboys midway through the year, the Dragons have identified Luke as an ideal replacement.

Whilst it's unclear where Luke will fit in the 17 next season, Paul McGregor could opt to use McInnes at lock at different stages next season should Jack de Belin not return, thereby giving Luke an opportunity at dummy-half.

After playing his last game in Warriors colours, having not been offered a new deal, the outlook for Luke didn't look promising following an inconsistent 2019 season.

The Tigers and Sea Eagles reportedly had a nibble at the experienced rake, but neither club chose to make a move.
We're good for lifelines

Latest posts