What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signings for 2020 and future looking team

hazzbeen

Bench
So Parra get Gillard, Canterbury are linked to everyone, Cronulla are linked to Ramen, Newcastle are said to have a “war chest “, the Roosters were hunting for the Broncos boys and even the Titans have been linked to players. Us? Nope, except for a french fullback who looks like he carries more weight than I do. Anybody??? Oh we do get a look in when the media talks about cast offs - Josh Morris moved on by the Dogs and now supposedly, Cronulla who want to get a younger, faster and more dynamic player. Don’t get me wrong I think Josh would offer a little more than Lafai at the moment but really we are becoming the North Sydney of the current competition. Heard on the radio that Prior is after a return to us. At least he won a premiership ring I suppose when we got rid of him. Next you know we will be reported to be in talks with Russell Packer and Barry Beath. I think I’m a little frustrated.
No no , far out don't want or need any more ex players or players coming to the end of their careers ... We are becoming a dead set retirement village run by village idiots ..... Enough is enough .....

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Parra in 2017 with Norman make the 2nd week of the semis and a whisker off beating the Premiers of that year.
I put it down to parra losing semi and this year gainig Sivo + Fergo + others...geez they can find a Fijian winger
I think it really shows how important a good winger is these days, look at Fergo for the blues. We wouldn’t have won without him. He was outstanding. Look where we are weakest.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Before we think about 2020 we need to reflect on 2019......watching the Eels destroy the Broncos yesterday I reflected on my Parra supporter mate who keeps on telling me the reason for their success this year is punting Norman.I have always tried to support Corey but I thought of this yesterday.

PARRAMATTA
Norman with Parra in 2018 - Wooden spooners
Without Norman in 2019 two wins away from a Grand Final

SAINTS
Without Norman in 2018 two wins away from a Grand Final
With Norman in 2019 - 15th.

Mind you before his face fracture he was playing well. My mate feels Norman becomes a cancer in the club - too laid back, sometimes lazy and a guy that is there for a good time rather than winning.

I hope he is wrong because put Norman as described with Mary and we will be crying next year too.

2017 Parra finished 4th with Norman at 5/8, and came close to beating Melbourne in the semis. I don't think you can put Parra's up and down form all to Norman.

Before we think about 2020 we need to reflect on 2019......watching the Eels destroy the Broncos yesterday I reflected on my Parra supporter mate who keeps on telling me the reason for their success this year is punting Norman.I have always tried to support Corey but I thought of this yesterday.

PARRAMATTA
Norman with Parra in 2018 - Wooden spooners
Without Norman in 2019 two wins away from a Grand Final

SAINTS
Without Norman in 2018 two wins away from a Grand Final
With Norman in 2019 - 15th.

Mind you before his face fracture he was playing well. My mate feels Norman becomes a cancer in the club - too laid back, sometimes lazy and a guy that is there for a good time rather than winning.

I hope he is wrong because put Norman as described with Mary and we will be crying next year too.
You should really start worrying when McGregor starts calling him nicknames like he does with his other favourites "Gaz". "Friz", "Duges" when he was playing for us.
When he starts calling Norman "Normie" I would start drinking heavily.

So Parra get Gillard, Canterbury are linked to everyone, Cronulla are linked to Ramen, Newcastle are said to have a “war chest “, the Roosters were hunting for the Broncos boys and even the Titans have been linked to players. Us? Nope, except for a french fullback who looks like he carries more weight than I do. Anybody??? Oh we do get a look in when the media talks about cast offs - Josh Morris moved on by the Dogs and now supposedly, Cronulla who want to get a younger, faster and more dynamic player. Don’t get me wrong I think Josh would offer a little more than Lafai at the moment but really we are becoming the North Sydney of the current competition. Heard on the radio that Prior is after a return to us. At least he won a premiership ring I suppose when we got rid of him. Next you know we will be reported to be in talks with Russell Packer and Barry Beath. I think I’m a little frustrated.
Josh Morris is a massive upgrade on our current centres.
Barry Beath - one of the greatest back rowers ever to pull on a St. George jumper IMO.
Packer...well wish we had cared about AFB the same.

possm

Coach
Millward or Mary will go I have no doubt. If Gus finds the problem to be coaching Mary has to go(unlikely) If he finds it recruitment Millward will go. Someone has to be a scapegoat and there will be a few.
Scapegoats are Hornby and Head. In the past it was JD. Millward and Mary are protected. I wish it wasn't the case but Gus teams to be just doing Mary's bidding.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Question time:
For season 2020, who are your top 26 players in our current squad from the top 30? (You can add in Luke and include or not include JDB, its up to you). Remember players like Aitken, Lafai etc are still part of our current squad.

BLM01

First Grade
Question time:
For season 2020, who are your top 26 players in our current squad from the top 30? (You can add in Luke and include or not include JDB, its up to you). Remember players like Aitken, Lafai etc are still part of our current squad.
Dont know now. We likely dont have 26 left for next year so the answer is whoever is left and elligible + who we sign less the worst 4 when we know who they all are

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Dont know now. We likely dont have 26 left for next year so the answer is whoever is left and elligible + who we sign less the worst 4 when we know who they all are
Yeah its a hard call atm, but, looking the current squad (from 2019) excluding those we know are already confirmed as leaving and a few others.

Hunt, Norman, Aitken, Pearson, Periera, Dufty, Ravalawa, Lafai, Lomax, Lawrie, McInnes, JDB, Host, Graham, Kerr, K. Sims, T. Sims, Leilua, Vaughan, Frizell Luke, Sailor, Allgood
Thats 23: (Need 3 more or 4 depending on JDB case).

I've left out: Nichols, Field, Timm, Kaufusi and Maranta.

I think positions 27 - 30 will be filled by:
Saab, Ford, Lovodua
Thats 3 (need 1 more maybe Clune?)

Positions 27 - 30 are salary restricted under the salary cap (90k for 2020 I believe)

twinkletoes

Juniors
After hearing how the management and coaching team are all working 15 hour days I'm looking forward to the announcement in the near future of a potential premiership winning squad and coaching team that will lead us to glory in 2020. By the way did anyone else hear the rumour that Millward was spotted in Fiji last week??

qld redvee

Juniors
After hearing how the management and coaching team are all working 15 hour days I'm looking forward to the announcement in the near future of a potential premiership winning squad and coaching team that will lead us to glory in 2020. By the way did anyone else hear the rumour that Millward was spotted in Fiji last week??
TT, I hope he wasnt scouting for another untried winger !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLM01

First Grade
Yeah its a hard call atm, but, looking the current squad (from 2019) excluding those we know are already confirmed as leaving and a few others.

Hunt, Norman, Aitken, Pearson, Periera, Dufty, Ravalawa, Lafai, Lomax, Lawrie, McInnes, JDB, Host, Graham, Kerr, K. Sims, T. Sims, Leilua, Vaughan, Frizell Luke, Sailor, Allgood
Thats 23: (Need 3 more or 4 depending on JDB case).

I've left out: Nichols, Field, Timm, Kaufusi and Maranta.

I think positions 27 - 30 will be filled by:
Saab, Ford, Lovodua
Thats 3 (need 1 more maybe Clune?)

Positions 27 - 30 are salary restricted under the salary cap (90k for 2020 I believe)
Positions 27-30 is 4 and you have named 3..and a few more fringe players look like departing
Is the broom starting to swing?..I wonder. Another mass clean out and then update with the same players as per 2012 - 2014 clean outs i think where we turned over a lot of fringe players (departed and incoming)
I hope the bar is set higher :rolleyes:

Bench
McIdiot has said he has the team he wanted. We have failed miserably the last two seasons so he should be the one who goes, Millward, who keeps signing players that are over the hill, he should be shown the door

Dragon Revival

Juniors
The Dragons have a strong Women's NRL team but the Men's NRL team is in tatters as a result of poor coaching and unprofessional recruitment and retention. The inspirational Dragons book Never Before Never Again! should be followed up by a sequel Chaos Since 2012 When Will It End?