What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signings for 2020 and future looking team

blacksafake

First Grade
Unfortunately I agree, as much as I was hopping Host could make the step up, I just think he hasn't got enough mongrel in him to be a dominant 1st grade forward. That is one thing McNoidea can't be blamed for....
I agree re the mongrel part but I don’t think he’s been used correctly & he’s not the only one which is L plates fault.

BLM01

First Grade
I'm of the opinion that COVID 19 was made by scientists in a lab and was transmitted outside of the lab to test it's potency. The experiment has proved successful and big dollars will be made from the cure also developed by the same lab.
well there you have it. I knew it was a farce....
hang on.. wrong thread..Possm

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I am a fan of Host and believe that he is a solid player. Despite limited game time he runs hard and plays tight football. A few years ago he and Leilua let in a try in NRL but it was Leilua who initially fell off the tackle. Mc Gregor has stuffed up Host's career and will try to do the same to Ford. Lawrie is the chosen one who never bears the consequences but I think that we should retain all three plus Gale.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Im very happy with the backrow rotation...........id rather use decent money towards another prop

TSims
Fuimaono
Host
Merrin
Ford
Lawrie

Kylez3

Juniors
I am a fan of Host and believe that he is a solid player. Despite limited game time he runs hard and plays tight football. A few years ago he and Leilua let in a try in NRL but it was Leilua who initially fell off the tackle. Mc Gregor has stuffed up Host's career and will try to do the same to Ford. Lawrie is the chosen one who never bears the consequences but I think that we should retain all three plus Gale.

Looking at Host this season it appears he has added some size to his frame. If he is trying to reinvent himself as more of a prop/second-row utility, then I'm all for him getting a bench spot in our starting 17.

I like Host, his work rate is solid and his defence is technically very sound. Unfortunately I just don't think he is dynamic or threatening enough to warrant a starting second-row position.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Looking at Host this season it appears he has added some size to his frame. If he is trying to reinvent himself as more of a prop/second-row utility, then I'm all for him getting a bench spot in our starting 17.

I like Host, his work rate is solid and his defence is technically very sound. Unfortunately I just don't think he is dynamic or threatening enough to warrant a starting second-row position.

I must admit that I'd given up on Host- in my mind, he was a "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" type of player. However, Matt Prior discovered a new lease of life at the Sharks under Flanno so hope springs eternal- it all gets back to that one huge bald road block we have to get rid of.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Host has bulked up this season and with De Belin gone and Frizell leaving our younger players need to be developed. We need to buy two great props to replace Graham and Vaughan who both seem to be leaving. We have enough backrowers. In recruitment let us stay clear of high maintenance players such as Addo Carr, Fifita, Folau, Mac Donald, Mitchell and other disaster zones.

Como Connection

First Grade
Host has bulked up this season and with De Belin gone and Frizell leaving our younger players need to be developed. We need to buy two great props to replace Graham and Vaughan who both seem to be leaving. We have enough backrowers. In recruitment let us stay clear of high maintenance players such as Addo Carr, Fifita, Folau, Mac Donald, Mitchell and other disaster zones.
Agree, front rowers should be the top priority.
CC

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Agree, front rowers should be the top priority.
CC

And hopefully, Millward was just being respectful with his reported comments about the possibility of Graham not wanting to enter a new contract with the Dragons- I don't have to be as respectful- James, you've been a great player but you've reached your use by date. Get out before you get another head knock and need to be medically retired. I"m sure with your passionate approach to footy, you can find an off field role somewhere.

getsmarty

Immortal
James Graham may depart the St George Illawarra Dragons next year - but can they afford to lose him?

4 hrs ago
BB13v1vK.img
:copyright: Getty Images
They've already lost superstar Tyson Frizell for 2021, after the NSW and Kangaroos rep signed with the Knights.

Jack de Belin is in no-mans-land due to the NRL's no-fault stand-down policy and the implications of COVID-19 on his court case.

So the question begs - can the St George Illawarra Dragons afford to lose veteran front-rower James Graham next season?

Reports have surfaced in recent days that the club may not re-sign the 34-year old after his current contract ends at the end of this season - and at his age after 400-plus games, that might seem fair enough.

Speaking on Triple M NRL on Saturday, senior reporter James Hooper confirmed that the club are looking at discussing their options with Graham in the coming weeks.

“The Dragons will sit down with James Graham over the next couple of weeks and try to work out whether he wants to continue in Wollongong," he said.

"In all likelihood he will want to keep playing...and he might head back over to the UK and finish in the English Super League.

"He’s a hell of a warrior James Graham…but he has had a couple of head knocks in recent times, so I’m sure they would want to have those sorts of conversations as well."

Since moving to the Dragons in 2018, the Englishman has become a leader both on and off the field for the club, and he certainly brings some intangibles to the organisation.

But since then he has slowed down considerably, and the impact he has as an enforcer on the field is not what it once was.

St George still have the likes of Paul Vaughan, Blake Lawrie and the Sims brothers (Korbin and Tariq) locked in until at least the end of 2021, and Graham's contract is likely a sizeable one.

If Graham were to stay at the club, you would think it would be on less money - but with Frizell departing for the Hunter, they probably need to replace some quality and experience in the engine room.

Names like Christian Welch, Kevin Proctor and James Tamou are all off-contract at the end of 2020 and could be targets for the Red V.

But none of that will be possible until they decide what they are doing with their old warhorse.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/sport/rug...ey-afford-to-lose-him/ar-BB13vabU?li=BB11XTyn

boardlumps62

Juniors
I must admit that I'd given up on Host- in my mind, he was a "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" type of player. However, Matt Prior discovered a new lease of life at the Sharks under Flanno so hope springs eternal- it all gets back to that one huge bald road block we have to get rid of.
I watched 2009 replay against Melbourne Prior played that one and 2010 GF can't remember when he was released. To me he was always better than a good player some fool let him go to the Sharks where he played mainly FR. Water under the bridge now he wouldn't regret getting punted.

Latest posts