What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal

Juniors
defer
[ dih-fur ]
/ dɪˈfɜr /
verb (used without object), de·ferred,de·fer·ring.
to yield respectfully in judgment or opinion (usually followed by to): We all defer to him in these matters.
verb (used with object), de·ferred,de·fer·ring.
to submit for decision; refer: We defer questions of this kind to the president.

Maybe your English language skills aren't as good as you think.
Maybe use it in the right context then.

mxlegend99

Referee
So I'm (Nathan) not going to steel someone's thunder and let them be the dominant half?..that's a ludicrous statement. Penrith put all their eggs in his basket and are waiting for him to become the dominant half? What happens when or if it doesn't happen, is his DAD going to try someone different?..Not a hope in hell. His dad has no idea how to get a team anywhere near the top, Penrith have been shafted big time by trying to keep a player who is overrated and wont deliver like the great halves who demand his wage.
What's ludicrous is thinking a 21 year old team player is not going to let a 2x time premiership winner run the team how he sees fit. Especially if the coach (Hook, Fittler or his dad) instructs him to.

Nathan wouldnt be very popular with his coach or teammates if he was fighting the senior playmaker to run the team. No doubt there were times where he should have stepped up because Jimmy wasnt doing anything. But its very easy to see the difference in him when he's playing without a dominant playmaker in the spine.

12 months from now though we wont need to speculate. We will know for certain one way or the other. Although it seems alot of people are hoping he failsin 2020 for some reason.

mxlegend99

Referee
How do you judge this?

take this year, wouldn’t the no.1 playmaker touch the ball more?

Cleary had 6 touches more a game than Maloney, and importantly had more touches in the last 20m.

The only thing that makes Maloney the no.1 playmaker is he was more successful at it. They mostly played a left/right side field configuration.

At worst he was on an equal footing with Maloney this year.
The hooker touches the ball more than Nathan. Using your logic he would be the #1 playmaker.

You judge this based on who's directing the team around. Barking the orders and telling his teammates what he wants them to do. That was clearly Maloney and before him Moylan.

Freddy even admitted he didnt have to say shitin Origin because Jimmy was doing all the talking and every player was listening to him. That is the primary playmaker. He controls the team and chimes in when he wants. If he tells Nathan to dumpit off to forwards to getup field abit. Then demands the ball in a particular area... Nathan has had more touches but Jimmy was still directing his teamaround. Nathan does what is best for tge team and that's usually listening to a winner like Jimmy.

betcats

Referee
Jimmy is a dominant personality but he likes to sit back and inject himself. At the Sharks Townsend averaged more receipts per game and at the rorters Pearce averaged more also. I can’t find numbers for 2011 or 2012 but i’d guess that even rookie Shaun johnson averaged more touches, it’s how maloney likes to play.

Flashstep

Juniors
Jimmy is a dominant personality but he likes to sit back and inject himself. At the Sharks Townsend averaged more receipts per game and at the rorters Pearce averaged more also. I can’t find numbers for 2011 or 2012 but i’d guess that even rookie Shaun johnson averaged more touches, it’s how maloney likes to play.

You’re right about Maloney injecting himself when he sees fit into play for the most part, but mx also has a good point about how he’s the one whose directing the team around the park, I think that’s more of a dominant feature then playing first receiver when it comes to halves play.

betcats

Referee
You’re right about Maloney injecting himself when he sees fit into play for the most part, but mx also has a good point about how he’s the one whose directing the team around the park, I think that’s more of a dominant feature then playing first receiver when it comes to halves play.

I agree with this post and what Mx has said. Jimmy was certainly more dominant than Nathan and was the general out there for sure IMO. My comment is just pointing out he has never been the half touching the ball the most despite him being the main guy.

Coastal

Juniors
What's ludicrous is thinking a 21 year old team player is not going to let a 2x time premiership winner run the team how he sees fit. Especially if the coach (Hook, Fittler or his dad) instructs him to.

Nathan wouldnt be very popular with his coach or teammates if he was fighting the senior playmaker to run the team. No doubt there were times where he should have stepped up because Jimmy wasnt doing anything. But its very easy to see the difference in him when he's playing without a dominant playmaker in the spine.

12 months from now though we wont need to speculate. We will know for certain one way or the other. Although it seems alot of people are hoping he failsin 2020 for some reason.
What a load of shit. Nathan wouldn't be very popular?..he is the player that the club has invested nearly 5 million dollars in for the next five years, should he take a back seat to another player?..not on your life. HE SHOULD BE THE DOMINANT PLAYER to pay his wages. And you obviously think his average achieving father should be taking the same dollars, he couldn't coach glenmore park to a premiership. Take off the rose coloured glasses and stop hoping for something that isn't going to happen.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
What a load of donkey. Nathan wouldn't be very popular?..he is the player that the club has invested nearly 5 million dollars in for the next five years, should he take a back seat to another player?..not on your life. HE SHOULD BE THE DOMINANT PLAYER to pay his wages. And you obviously think his average achieving father should be taking the same dollars, he couldn't coach glenmore park to a premiership. Take off the rose coloured glasses and stop hoping for something that isn't going to happen.

NEXT YEAR BRO.... HE STARTS THE BIG CASH NEXT YEAR... THATS WHY MALONEY WAS RELEASED....

what’s everyone shouting about....

Coastal

Juniors
I agree with this post and what Mx has said. Jimmy was certainly more dominant than Nathan and was the general out there for sure IMO. My comment is just pointing out he has never been the half touching the ball the most despite him being the main guy.
So what is it that Nathan offers that commands such a hefty salary?

Coastal

Juniors
Alexander: 1st grade debut at 19..Australian rep at 21
Gower: 1st grade debut at 18.. Australian rep at 21
Fittler: 1st grade debut at 17..Australian rep at 19
Cleary:1st grade debut at 19.. S.O.O rep at 20
The first 3 were instrumental in Penriths only 2 premiership wins. They played the game as they saw it, they didn't sit back and wait for someone else to be the main playmakers. (MXlegend). Whoever Penrith plays in the 6 in 2020, I can only accept that it will be their fault if its not a successful year. Never Nathans, he will be building into his contract and needs the time.

R.H

Juniors
Holey Moley you lot go around in circles.

Long time reader(8yrs) same rubbish different day.

I've slowly figured our over Twitter and here who you lot are and the dribble you see is bloody hilarious.

Do you like the Panthers or want to point out their faults. Every team, yes, including the Roosters have theirs.

Love Cleary (jnr or snr) or hate them i dont think any of them are out to hurt us fans.

From what I've seen over the years Nathan has put in 100000% effort. He did not choose his wage, the market did and he accepted.

The bloke is in his younger part of his 20s and from what history tells us a half doesn't blossom until 25+.

You nay sayers can say "Oh BUt HeS PLaYEd oVEr 50 GamES" (ive seen it on twitter) Put a 15 yr old kid in there and see How he plays after 50 games.

Cleary will play to his potential potential. Do I think He's worth 1m this year? No. Would take 1m to play the game I love.. you guessed it.

Stop rubbishing the team you cheer for ever so passionately. Stop being that guy. Yes you're a member you have your say blah blah blah.

On a sloppy note, one team one dream xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts