What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Travitoh

First Grade
how far under the cap are we allowed to be? Maybe we should hold out on a big buy and wait for Frizell to come off contract. That guy is a machine.

Frizell would be fantastic if he became available!
I don't think reaching the cap floor will be an issue this season tbh. Worst case, front load a few contracts to free up even more room in the coming seasons.

Rabbit57

Juniors
I think Souths should throw 500 000 at Ryan Matterson his a strong runner of the ball got a great step on him and the tigers best player last year great replacement for Sutton only 25yrs ... saw some highlights of him great runner of the ball busts tackles .. I like him .. and there is a lot of experience at Souths that can give him a cool head
The stats don’t lie. He was one of the most consistent and effective players in the NRL in 2019.

Tough, plays big minutes and is creative (sounds like John Sutton at his best).

It is up to management to do their due diligence on his motivation and commitment. If he passes that test he would be a very good buy.

Rabbit57

Juniors
What do you guys think of Capewell ? I'd be interested in the general opinion.
Not the worst suggestion. He goes alright. Busy, runs hard and can break a tackle. He has had good experience playing with guys like Gallen and Wade Graham. My only worry is that when he gets tired he can miss a few tackles. So ... a handy bench player who could make an impact but would need to come at a bargain price.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Not the worst suggestion. He goes alright. Busy, runs hard and can break a tackle. He has had good experience playing with guys like Gallen and Wade Graham. My only worry is that when he gets tired he can miss a few tackles. So ... a handy bench player who could make an impact but would need to come at a bargain price.
I think the fact he can play second row and be a genuine centre is the key. I'd snap this bloke up for sure.

Rabbit57

Juniors
Didn't he miss 12 tackles in one games this season?
Round 10 v Manly. Felt sorry for him because he played for 80 and chased all day but sometimes when you make the effort to cover for others who miss you end up with a missed tackle yourself. That’s my concern if you buy him as an 80 minute player his defence might be an issue.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Round 10 v Manly. Felt sorry for him because he played for 80 and chased all day but sometimes when you make the effort to cover for others who miss you end up with a missed tackle yourself. That’s my concern if you buy him as an 80 minute player his defence might be an issue.
Yes it may be. I never knew that missed tackle count in that game. Was he himself injured? Anyway, there isn't many backrowers on the loose and we need to cover John Sutton.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Capewell isn't someone a top 4 club wants in there run on side and I'd guess he's to expensive for a utility from the bench.
Not quite sure about that. Cronulla had him there. He's similar to Sutton being a backrower and centre as well. Is he a relative of former Souths centre Luke Capewell?

Peter Quinn

Juniors
And Kevvy Walters says he's an origin player and will be very soon. He and Ethan could well be their backrowers as early as next year.

BradS

Juniors
Why are we talking about Matterson Capewell etc?

I thought that was why we got SuA for?

Also I would be aiming at Fifita before any of the others

Re Mitchell, what’s the gut feeling?

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Why are we talking about Matterson Capewell etc?

I thought that was why we got SuA for?

Also I would be aiming at Fifita before any of the others

Re Mitchell, what’s the gut feeling?
That one we have to wait for. It is up in the air. Love to have D. Fafita at the club, but at what cost? We need money for LM if he can make up his mind to come. He's a Souths fan, his family are Souths fans. The only bit in the puzzle is why isn't he at Souths? I guess the answer will come soon. Capewell would be a very handy player at any club.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
OMG. South Sydney have really pulled a rabbit out of the hat. I've just seen new Rabbitohs signing Edene Gebbie. He's absolutely sensational and has speed like I've not seen before. This bloke should get first crack at Fullback . He has a step that mixed with his pace, blink and he's gone. I can't wait to see him playing. With him, the Jet and Johnston in the backline, it's definitely the fastest backline I've ever seen.GO RABBITOHS!!!

Peter Quinn

Juniors
OMG. South Sydney have really pulled a rabbit out of the hat. I've just seen new Rabbitohs signing Edene Gebbie. He's absolutely sensational and has speed like I've not seen before. This bloke should get first crack at Fullback . He has a step that mixed with his pace, blink and he's gone. I can't wait to see him playing. With him, the Jet and Johnston in the backline, it's definitely the fastest backline I've ever seen.GO RABBITOHS!!!
I bet the Broncs are filthy about this. They need a fullback probably more than we do.

Latest posts