What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Bandwagon

Staff member
Whilst on the subject of left right media bias, I think it's worth pointing out that for the most part what we really see is a conservative / progressive bias going on, which whilst often is spilt along left right lines, it's not the same thing.

An easily recognisable example of this is the likes of Bolt and Devine et al and their constant attacks on Turnbull and unwavering support for Abbott, sure it was often disguised as being critical of Turnbull for being too far left, or indeed Labor light, but really? Turnbull was a f**king Merchant banker with a trust set up in the Cayman f**king Islands, what a huge lefty! I mean if merchant banking isn't the epitome of capitalism I don't know what is.

Further when you look at the ABC, which is so often accused of left wing bias, again what you mostly see is conservatives criticising their progressive stance on many issues.

All the ructions in the Liberal party since the demise of Fraser as leader have centred around the battle between the wets and the drys, with Turnbull's tenure being the brief period where the wets held sway, Howard led the party further along conservative lines, Abbott essentially doubled down on that, hence the enduring man love for him within the conservative media, and the disdain for Turnbull.

This goes to the fact the he and Epstein were more than casual acquaintances.

There's no evidence of that whatsoever. They obviously knew each other, but there's no evidence that it was anything other than as two people moving in the same social billionaire circles.

I've also posted an statement from a lawyer representing some of Epstein's victims, that in a telephone conversation he "provided information that was very helpful", this goes to the fact that he had some knowledge of Epstein's activities. ( as an aside it would appear that conversation is that which is incorrectly being claimed as being a statement to the FBI, I'll stand corrected on that if and when you provide a source ).

Now what I've "insinuated" from that is that Trump would have known a fair bit about Epstein, and only chose to do anything with that knowledge after many years, and after their relationship had soured. And even then only after he had been issued a subpoena to testify in court, a statement which precluded him from having to appear.

So my position is that Trump knew enough about Epstein to at the least have an idea about what he was in to, and either ignored it or remained wilfully ignorant of it , and only chose to do anything about it for reasons other than that he sought to do anything of benefit for Epstein's victims, which is in refutation to your claim that "Trump distinguished himself from others"

The underlined bit - I think you're wrong here, mate. Brad Edwards (the attorney) actually contacted other people, too, and they didn't provide any assistance. Did they get subpoenaed? Were they forced to appear in court?

No. So, I don't think that is right.

Also, the video of Edwards being interviewed clearly shows clearly shows the genuine appreciation he had for Trump in this instance. I think you got that part wrong.

The rest of the above? Basically, that Trump knew?

Yeah, I believe that. I think he wasn't the only one, though. Everyone knew.

So why didn't anyone else do anything? Well, look what happened when someone tried. Epstein got a slap on the wrist. Why? Because Acosta was tapped on the shoulder and told to lay off Epstein because he was an intelligence asset (as per Vicky Ward from Variety). Like I said in my previous post, Epstein's main motive was to blackmail people, and he was doing that for Mossad/CIA.

So, some didn't do anything because they had been compromised. Others because they're deranged f**ks and are into that shit (Kevin Spacey, for example). Others because they knew that Epstein was untouchable.

It seems to me that when an opportunity actually appeared, when someone was actually willing to take a shot at Epstein, that Trump saw that as an opportunity and he took it.

I think part of the reason Trump ran for President is because he knows about shit like this. When Trump says he is "draining the swamp" he means it.

Don't believe me? Well, the IG Report into FISA Abuse from Horowitz is out soon, and that will start to expose the swamp, and don't forget that Durham is running an actual criminal investigation into the previous administration, and we already have people like Clapper getting scared and trying to throw Obama under the bus on CNN.

There is a slow process of information being rolled out and a slow series of steps being taken in this regard. Why slowly? Because people need to be acclimatised to the truth and it needs to be done legally. Just dropping the Weiner laptop into the public domain would have caused a f**king civil war. So, they're going slowly, methodically and legally.

Patience, Bandy. The IG Report is supposedly due this month (it has been finished and is under review), so you'll start to see some shenanigans in December.

Bandwagon

Staff member
They obviously knew each other, but there's no evidence that it was anything other than as two people moving in the same social billionaire circles.

I'm not saying they were best of mates, but I reckon they're about as close to a "friendship" as Trump would really care to maintain, which say for mine he doesn't come across as a guy who would actually foster friendship for friendships sake.

Yeah, I believe that. I think he wasn't the only one, though. Everyone knew.

Yes, that's pretty much what I've been saying.

So why didn't anyone else do anything?

Yeah I gave my thoughts on that here...https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/posts/13891860/

To be clear, despite old Rammy's protestations, about hate and whatever, I'm not singling out Trump because I believe he was any better or worse than any of the other merkins who likely knew. Fact is he's the POTUS right now, and that in and of it's self makes him far more interesting than any of the other randoms, particularly given there is just so much material out there.

Bandwagon

Staff member
The underlined bit - I think you're wrong here, mate. Brad Edwards (the attorney) actually contacted other people, too, and they didn't provide any assistance. Did they get subpoenaed? Were they forced to appear in court?

The 2009 subpoena: In 2009, Brad Edwards, an attorney who has represented various Epstein victims, had Trump served with a subpoena for testimony in a case against Epstein.

But Edwards is not alleging any wrongdoing from Trump; rather, the opposite. He said in a recent interview that he had served subpoenas on many connected people in 2009, and that Trump was “the only person who picked up the phone and said, ‘Let’s just talk. I’ll give you as much time as you want.’”

https://www.vox.com/2019/7/9/20686347/jeffrey-epstein-trump-bill-clinton

That's pretty clear, it quotes Edwards directly, so there were a number of people subpoenaed, whether they were forced or not to appear, I don't know.

I do know that subpoenas can be challenged, and lawyers can withdraw them, deals can be done with statements or whatever, and the lawyer can also just drop the idea knowing he's just gonna get a hostile witness or them pleading the fifth anyways.

I'm not saying they were best of mates, but I reckon they're about as close to a "friendship" as Trump would really care to maintain, which say for mine he doesn't come across as a guy who would actually foster friendship for friendships sake.

He was known to have some close, genuine friends. JFK Jr. was one of them, and I think a very important one.

Don't forget that JFK Jr. was leading the race for the Democratic nomination for the NY Senate Seat in 1999 until, all of a sudden...he dies in a mysterious plane crash.

His opponent, that ended up getting the seat after JFK Jr's unexpected death? Hillary Clinton.

In my personal opinion, that is a very important moment for Trump and one of the key drivers for what he is doing right now.

So, back to Epstein and Trump...I think you're wrong on that one. There's actually very little connecting the two.

Prior to the Mar-a-Logo stuff where things went "bad" between the two, there's only one flight on Epstein's plane and then Epstein flying once on Trump's plane. Trump did attend Epstein's parties but the stories about that have always been very clear - he would turn up late, be incredibly social so that he got pictures taken etc., and then leave early (before the "fun" began).

There's only one thing that has ever stood out - apparently there was a private party held at Mar-a-Logo, once, where Epstein was in attendance and he brought a bunch of models with him for Trump. All were of a legal age, but the rumour is that this is where Trump met Melania. This was not a big party, it was very private, and may have only been Trump and Epstein themselves. That's the only thing that stands out as anything "intimate" between the two but I have only heard it as a rumour and not confirmed.

I've known about Epstein for years and have looked very closely into his history and there's just nothing there that stands out apart from that one rumour. It's a picture of Trump knowing that this was a guy who was socially very important and so played the game to keep in the social loop.

(Obviously, as we both have stated, Trump knew what was going on, though)

To be clear, despite old Rammy's protestations, about hate and whatever, I'm not singling out Trump because I believe he was any better or worse than any of the other merkins who likely knew. Fact is he's the POTUS right now, and that in and of it's self makes him far more interesting than any of the other randoms, particularly given there is just so much material out there.

If you think he's interesting now then wait until this whole thing's over...

The 2009 subpoena: In 2009, Brad Edwards, an attorney who has represented various Epstein victims, had Trump served with a subpoena for testimony in a case against Epstein.

But Edwards is not alleging any wrongdoing from Trump; rather, the opposite. He said in a recent interview that he had served subpoenas on many connected people in 2009, and that Trump was “the only person who picked up the phone and said, ‘Let’s just talk. I’ll give you as much time as you want.’”

https://www.vox.com/2019/7/9/20686347/jeffrey-epstein-trump-bill-clinton

That's pretty clear, it quotes Edwards directly, so there were a number of people subpoenaed, whether they were forced or not to appear, I don't know.

I do know that subpoenas can be challenged, and lawyers can withdraw them, deals can be done with statements or whatever, and the lawyer can also just drop the idea knowing he's just gonna get a hostile witness or them pleading the fifth anyways.

I've always, personally, gone with this video as it has Edwards himself speaking on the issue:

Now, he does say subpoenas but then he immediately backs away from that with an ambiguous "or at least gave notice" (whatever the hell difference that is supposed to be) and then, as I said previously, seems extremely genuine in his appreciation for Trump's existence.

The feeling I get from the video is a positive one for Trump in regards to this issue.

Latest posts