What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Wizardman

First Grade
New terminator

whilst I get why some people would bag it, it was better than critics had been saying. Loads of action, homage paid to the earlier terminators. Sure some of the acting and plot lines were awful but I don’t think it was that bad
Im with you here. I saw it yesterday and thought it was pretty good. Sure, there were some cringe moments (the introduction of Sarah Connor was quite comical when meaning to be serious) but overall, I liked it. It was better than 3, 4 and 5 for mine.....it was never going to top the first two though. Very dark beginning, Hamilton, Arnie and the new villain terminator were good. Three out of five for me.

Dogs Of War

Coach
The Irishman has just released on Netflix...

im gonna sit down and watch it on Friday night.... but I’m interested to see the initial reaction on here...

All I know it's 3hrs and is getting good reviews. Can't wait. Won't read any spoilers till I've sat down and see it. Maybe tonight. Though i would like to finish off Mr Inbetween and S2 of Castle Rock (which is better than the first).

I should give a shout out to American Horror Story S9 1984 which was everything I wanted it to be. Just did crap 80's horror well.

Parra

Referee
The Irishman has just released on Netflix...

im gonna sit down and watch it on Friday night.... but I’m interested to see the initial reaction on here...

Great movie that lives up to the lofty expectations. Incredible tension in a couple of scenes. The understated dialogue and the subtle communication make these characters believable. Pesci is incredible. So many throwback nods to other movies - little things. Glad this was made - it is like a wrap up of this era of gangster films in the same way Unforgiven was about the washed up hero from the westerns or Gran Torino was about the last of the hard guys from the Dirty Harry era.

PJ

First Grade
Parasite. 8/10. Really liked it despite the plot holes.

Suspect that there was a lot of subtlety I missed re North South Korea allegories.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
All I know it's 3hrs and is getting good reviews. Can't wait. Won't read any spoilers till I've sat down and see it. Maybe tonight. Though i would like to finish off Mr Inbetween and S2 of Castle Rock (which is better than the first).

I should give a shout out to American Horror Story S9 1984 which was everything I wanted it to be. Just did crap 80's horror well.
Im up to episode 6 and noone has tripped over nothing while running on a flat terrain while being chased by somone who is walking

axl rose

Bench
Freaks (2019) intriguing little low budget horror flick about a girl locked in her house by her father. One of those that is best to know nothing about before going in A-

Last edited:

mongoose

Coach
Watched Austin Powers: The Spy who shagged me with my niece. Probably haven't seen it in 15 years or so...

All the best scenes contain Dr Evil or fat bastard.

Powers is way too annoying and over the top.

Timbo

Staff member
Saw Knives Out last night.

Really good modern take on an Agatha Christie-style mystery whodunnit. Lots of twists and blackly comedic at times.

axl rose

Bench
Ad Astra- not what I expected at all, slow paced and thought provoking. A lot of scenes where Pitt is by himself while narrating. I can see why people hate it, perhaps expecting a fun sci-fi, which it isnt. B+

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
The Departed - rewatched it after watching the f**king masterpiece that was the Irishman last weekend.

such a great f**king film. Astounded that Leo didn’t win an Oscar for it.

watching this film tonight i actually come to realise... despite the fact that i generally hate DiCaprio as an actor.... i always have going back to his Romeo and Juliet days...

he takes the lead in probably 2 of my favourite films of all time... in The Departed and Inception...

Last edited:

Generalzod

Immortal
Watched the Irishman again I got to say what a great performance from Al Pacino an Joe Pesci...they both out did De Niro in this one by just a bees dick..

Last edited:

Latest posts