What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Finally got around to once upon a time in hollywood.

Always been a tarantino fan but there is one gripe i have with him that i was hoping he would leave out of this one but to no avail.

I read a bit on a random things you probably dont know list a long time ago and after that its something that started to be obvious when the majority wouldnt pick up on it and now cant be unseen.

The sick f*@k has a foot fetish and insists on dedicating at least one scene a film to sharing it with the world.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
The decline started right after Terminator 2. True Lies was good, but there was a lot of shit in there like Last Action Hero, Junior, Jingle All the Way, Batman & Robin...
I think it also conicided with the decline of those types of big, cheese-infused, blockbuster action movies of the 80's and 90's. They started moving toward the Bournes and Mission Impossible style.

Matua

Bench

Always been a tarantino fan but there is one gripe i have with him that i was hoping he would leave out of this one but to no avail.

I read a bit on a random things you probably dont know list a long time ago and after that its something that started to be obvious when the majority wouldnt pick up on it and now cant be unseen.

The sick f*@k has a foot fetish and insists on dedicating at least one scene a film to sharing it with the world.
Tarantino's foot fetish has been well known and obvious for years, seems odd you didn't know about it before reading that list.

Springs09

Juniors
In the Tall Grass. Like all the Stephen King Netflix movies (and a lot of Netflix movies in general), feels more like a TV episode than a movie. Not great.

PJ

First Grade
Current War.

I liked it. Good actors doing what they do, but script could have been stronger.

Very favourable portrayal of Edison from things I've read. Made numerous points about how many of his inventions he got screwed out of but zero talk about the screwing he may have done.

nöyd

Staff member
Last Action Hero was a joke that not many folks got, I believe. I like it, always have.

True Lies was fine, looking back now I find Jamie Lee Curtis's character pretty annoying, Bill Paxton's brief role was f**king great, and even though he's one of Hollywoods biggest turkeys, Tom Arnold was pretty friggin' great in it.

Springs09

Juniors
Midsommar. Thought it was great. Original and interesting, tries to unsettle you more than scare you, which has a more lasting effect. Don't listen to the idiots who try and call it 'pretentious' or whatever, they're the same idiots who complain about the over-reliance on CGI jump scares in modern horror, but then whinge when a movie like this tries to do something different.

Rhino_NQ you magnificent bastard. :wink:

PJ

First Grade
Dr Sleep. Good not great. Could have been paced a bit better and about 20-30 mins shorter. 7

New terminator

whilst I get why some people would bag it, it was better than critics had been saying. Loads of action, homage paid to the earlier terminators. Sure some of the acting and plot lines were awful but I don’t think it was that bad

axl rose

Bench
Ready or Not- mediocre black comedy. I take back what I said about Gemini Man being the worst movie I've seen this year.

Rambo Last Blood: Rambo volunteers people for organ donations. Maybe one too many for Sly. Part 4 was much better.

Last edited:

YoHadrian

Juniors
Saw The Irishman a couple of weeks ago at one of it's limited cinema screening releases. Martin Scorcese is one kick arse film maker.

Not sure if it's still screening or if its disappeared to Netflix.

axl rose

Bench
Saw The Irishman a couple of weeks ago at one of it's limited cinema screening releases. Martin Scorcese is one kick arse film maker.

Not sure if it's still screening or if its disappeared to Netflix.
Streaming next week.

Is Midway really not out until 30th of January in Aus?

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
Angel Has Fallen - I gotta admit... I f**king love this series.

everyone else I know hates it... but I think Mike Banning is such a bad motherf**ker.. :joy::joy:

I just love the realistic brutal ass way he kills motherf**kers... knife in the side of the skull... quick stab underneath the armpit and watch the bad guy just bleed the f**k out...

If I had any power in Hollywood I’d do a crossover with Mike Banning and John Wick... that body count and would be historic... :joy::joy:

Last Action Hero
Watched it again last night. Really enjoyed it. I saw it at the movies as a 17 year old and liked it enough. Over the years just assumed it was as shit as its reputation. But it was actually a good popcorn blockbuster. Schwarzenegger was actually pretty good in it. Some decent anti-Hollywood satire and gags. Read a bit about it after, had to LOL that the script was written as a pisstake of Shane Black era buddy cop action movies...then the studio took it and gave it to Shane Black to re-write.

Leviathan (1989)
One of the myriad water logged, deep sea flops of 1989.
An Aliens / The Thing pastiche. Decent cast (includes Peter Weller, Richard Crenna, Amanda Pays, Hector Elizondo, Daniel Stern and Ernie Hudson) is utterly wasted. The performances are by-the-numbers and you can tell the cast are either bored with the script or they want the f*** outta there ASAP. The special FX are provided by Stan Winston and even then, they look cheap and nasty and in certain shots, sub-Elm Street horror FX. I usually like Peter Weller, but here, he just sounds like he DGAF.

Men At Work (1990)
An Emilio Estevez film, starring himself and Charlie Sheen as mates who work as garbage men mixed up in a political crime. Both stars are likeable enough in this. Co-star Keith David provides excellent support and has some great, belly laugh lines / scenes. I remember this being funny as a 15 year old and it held up fairly well (LOL at the mullets). John Getz plays type as the sleazy bad guy too. Plot gets a bit hazy - like scenes were cut, or as was the case in the 1980's / early 1990's ... shit just happens so that they could squeeze the film in to 98 minutes and get it all on to a VHS video tape. Still...a decent little film that doesn't really pretend to be anything more than a vehicle for its stars.

nöyd

Staff member
Men At Work (1990)
An Emilio Estevez film, starring himself and Charlie Sheen as mates who work as garbage men mixed up in a political crime. Both stars are likeable enough in this. Co-star Keith David provides excellent support and has some great, belly laugh lines / scenes. I remember this being funny as a 15 year old and it held up fairly well (LOL at the mullets). John Getz plays type as the sleazy bad guy too. Plot gets a bit hazy - like scenes were cut, or as was the case in the 1980's / early 1990's ... shit just happens so that they could squeeze the film in to 98 minutes and get it all on to a VHS video tape. Still...a decent little film that doesn't really pretend to be anything more than a vehicle for its stars.

terrible film, so terrible it's great. i f**king love this movie, and i love emilio estevez as a director, can't think of the name of it but he made a film about the night RFK was assassinated, might have been called Bobby iirc, not sure it was true to what happened but it held my attention which gets tougher the older i get.

Latest posts