What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Spooner

Juniors
Do you have to be a Debbie Downer all the time??? FFS!!!
In a position to have a good crack at the Premiership for 2020. BankWest will be a fortress.
Shame to lose so many juniors recently but I am sure Anthony Fields will have already signed a few here and there. How relevant is being successful in Matt’s and Ball anyway. It will be interesting to see how Flegg and Canterbury Cup side go but at the end of the day it’s the top 17. We can have a good go next year.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
In a position to have a good crack at the Premiership for 2020. BankWest will be a fortress.
Shame to lose so many juniors recently but I am sure Anthony Fields will have already signed a few here and there. How relevant is being successful in Matt’s and Ball anyway. It will be interesting to see how Flegg and Canterbury Cup side go but at the end of the day it’s the top 17. We can have a good go next year.
Yeah, FFS @Gronk

Bandwagon

Staff member
$650k seems like what he's worth. If he doesn't improve on 2019 he's still worth close to that much, and like merkins have said, he could be worth $1M by 2023.

Realistically it's only overs if he spends a lot of time out injured.

Barring major injury, 650k in 2023 will look that cheap for the kid that we'll be upgrading his contract well beforehand if we have any intention of re-singing him for 2024 and beyond.

The kid has the fundamentals of the game down pat, there are no flaws I can see and he will only improve with more experience and confidence in his game.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Barring major injury, 650k in 2023 will look that cheap for the kid that we'll be upgrading his contract well beforehand if we have any intention of re-singing him for 2024 and beyond.

The kid has the fundamentals of the game down pat, there are no flaws I can see and he will only improve with more experience and confidence in his game.
His back is his only weakness atm, and he’s just 19. 650k will be huge unders by 2023.

Bandwagon

Staff member
His back is his only weakness atm, and he’s just 19. 650k will be huge unders by 2023.

At the least with his back the club should be really aware of exactly where it's at, so whilst shit happens, there should be no surprises there.

hindy111

Post Whore
Great news. Now lock in Mahoney please, the kid is terrific.

He is ok. Unsure about terrific.
Started to kick a little more which was a good sign. But I mainly see a guy who passes and has a crisp pass but rarely runs or darts from dummy half.
Makes a lot of tackles and is a pest but close to the line gets pushed off a little to easy.
I reckon 250k- 300k MAX is about his worth.
Never seen this Schneider kid. But if he is decent he make take Mahoneys spot by 2021

hindy111

Post Whore
What is John's actual role?
Is it a once a week at training gig with halves for an hour or two or is he part of the attacking coach role and will be there on game days?

Bandwagon

Staff member
What is John's actual role?
Is it a once a week at training gig with halves for an hour or two or is he part of the attacking coach role and will be there on game days?

I doubt he'd do game days, what with his media commitments.