What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

• I want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • I don't want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 113 32.4%
  • I couldn't care less if he returns or not.

Votes: 176 50.4%

• Total voters
Former Wallaby Israel Folau has settled his legal dispute with Rugby Australia (RA).

The 30-year-old was after $14 million in damages for wrongful termination after RA sacked him for a code of conduct breach when he said on Instagram “hell awaits” gay people.

RA was determined to hold its ground and a marathon 12-hour mediation session on Monday failed to yield a result.

However, on Wednesday afternoon, Folau and RA released a joint statement saying they had reached an agreement, settling for a confidential amount.

“Rugby Australia, NSW Rugby and Israel Folau have today settled their legal dispute following the dismissal of Israel Folau after he posted a religious message on social media,” the statement read.

“The Social Media Post reflected Mr Folau’s genuinely held religious beliefs, and Mr Folau did not intend to harm or offend any person when he uploaded the Social Media Post.

“Mr Folau wants all Australians to know that he does not condone discrimination of any kind against any person on the grounds of their sexuality and that he shares Rugby Australia’s commitment to inclusiveness and diversity.

“Rugby Australia and NSW Rugby do not in any way agree with the content of the Social Media Post. Inclusiveness is one of Rugby’s core values and it welcomes all people to the game, including all members of the LGBTI community.

“While it was not Rugby Australia’s intention, Rugby Australia acknowledges and apologises for any hurt or harm caused to the Folaus. Similarly, Mr Folau did not intend to hurt or harm the game of rugby and acknowledges and apologises for any hurt or harm caused.

“Rugby Australia and Mr Folau wish each other well for the future. The Parties do not intend to comment further on the terms of their settlement as it is confidential.”

0199a4ae6f33c90ad6ae31b343519bba

The war - at least in a legal sense - is over.Source:News Corp Australia

Last week Folau lodged an updated statement of claim in the Federal Circuit Court, upping his pursuit of damamges from $10 million to $14 million after his contract was torn up following the controversial Instagram post.

Folau justified the $4 million increase in part by saying he was in line to captain the Wallabies, which would have boosted his income. But that assertion was rubbished by former teammate David Pocock.

“I think Michael Hooper has been doing a great job and he’s contracted to the next World Cup so I’m not sure where Izzy’s getting that from,” Pocock said on Fox Sports News last week.

“My view has been that sport is at its best when it’s challenging society to be more inclusive.

“I think we can play such an important role in trying to instil values of fairness and inclusivity into kids coming through.

“I found it incredibly disappointing the way he’s used his platform around this.”

More to come …

https://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby...t/news-story/2b8cfeb314ffda90e545dc3ed718e383

Perth Red

Post Whore
I hate it when bigots get paid for bigotry. Saves giving money to lawyers I suppose but still leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
Now f**k off to France Issy and get off our news feeds.

King hit

Coach
So Israel says he is against all discrimination but finds no problem with condemning those he feels aren’t worthy

Mysterious fellow

King hit

Coach
Nothing wrong with believing in fantasies, as long as you don't try to damage others lives with your imaginary beliefs.
This is exactly correct. He is entitled to whatever shit he believes but he needs to keep it to himself especially as he believes in things that people won’t like. He was told to keep it to himself but he just went on with it and now wants sympathy after breaking his contract.

Piss of Israel

Usain Bolt

Bench
He ran a good scam getting all the bible bashers to donate to him when the case only lasted a few days lol guess he’ll keep the rest

Reflector

Juniors
Correct.It wasn't a crime against the State, the Jews did not have the power to kill, only lobby.The Governor ran the show, and was the ultimate authority as designated by Rome.He was in a position to tell them to get knotted.

Why? Life in those times was threadbare, cheap.A death for person who made claims was hardly ground breaking news around the known world, religious or otherwise.

FWIW
Tacitus )Publius Cornelius Tacitus last major work Titled Annals written 116-117 includes a bio of Nero .In 64 Nero tried to blame Christians for a ordering a fire in Rome.Tacitus mentions "Christus" who was executed by Pontius Pilate .This Christ was executed in the reign of Tiberius by the procurator Pontius Pilate.
Josephus a Jewish priest who grew up in 1st century Palestine.Then moved to Rome captured by the Roma commander Vespasian ,who later freed him (Vespasian became emperor)Mentioned JC brother James in his Book Jewish Antiquities.
Lucian of Samosota 115-200 a Greek satirist who wrote the Passing of the Peregrinus about a former Christian refers to JC albeit with contempt in the midst of the satire.

Celsius the Platonist philosopher considered JC to be a magician who made exorbitant claims.
Pliny the Younger ,a Roman governor and friend of Tacitus wrote about early Christian worships to a god.

Professor Graeme Clark of ANU was asked whether he agreed with Dawkins and Onfray about the non existence ,he replied"Frankly I know of no ancient historian/biblical historian who would have a twinge of a doubt about JC's existence-the documentary evidence is simply overwhelming."

Mate this is getting away from whether Folau is wanted.My view is no, he made his divisive bed ,and teh NRL wants inclusion that everyone is welcome.

Professor Graeme Clark who invented the bionic ear?

Fangs

Coach
Him getting paid out makes me feel a little sick inside. But at least it's done now. Until his next sermon...

Amen, Israel.

taste2taste

Juniors
I wonder which jurno will get the scoop what the settlement figure was....or what I should say is, I wonder which jurno will pull a figure out of their backside and report it as fact :D