What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jonus Pearson

j0nesy

Bench
Whenever a player comes out prior to a match and talks it up you just know they’re going to have a shocker. We have the worst two wingers in the comp, when coupled with a small fullback we struggle to get our sets started. The only player capable of fielding a kick on the full is the fullback, and even he needs work on that. Pearson is a massive dud and Rav is only there because he is the best of a bad bunch. Maranta is the worst of the lot and that’s saying something. Yet blokes like Garrick and Herbert “weren’t good enough”, and Saab and Sailor “aren’t experienced enough” I guess.

boardlumps62

Juniors
I agree will our wingers improve and be better for the experience. Dufty to short and lightweight for a fullback in the modern era and no confidence at catching highballs.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I reckon Pearson has potential, he’s tall fast and can put on a hit. For the most part he’s been good under the highball but every winger will drop one or two. Would be nice to see him not having to chew all his energy coming out of our own end. In fact that seems to be the theme of our season spending the majority of most of our games with our outside backs coming off our line.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Pearson has been disappointing. There really is no evidence of his "express" pace or much of any other skill. In fact his kick returns/hit ups more than often have him pushed back. I would drop him back to CC.

I know this is from last season and a lot of reserves stuff but it does show he he has the physical attributes if at the end of a backline that can create.

Don’t rate him the more I see of him the less I want too.
Looks overweight and doesn’t want to be there and for someone who’s getting his chance in fg this season I’d expect more

RufusRex

Post Whore
still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt ... the knock on was too much resin on his hands ... just unfortunate.

it is hard being a winger at the dragons at times ... no shape/speed on our left and Lafais offloads have evaporated ... Means that the fun part of the game for a winger is missing for pearson at the moment.

I saw one kick on Friday to his wing and despite the execution being poor the idea to actually look to an aerial asset was an improvement.

Needs to be allowed to be involved in attack more but looking at how slick the raiders left attack was a fortnight ago and how bad our left attack is is depressing AF.

George Dragon

Juniors

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

nontime111

Juniors
we have better options coming through all can play wing better than Jonus...
Schills, Sloan, Feagai, Schiller, Ramsey, Sailor take yer pick eventually Sailors the only one ready now :

Lomax
Saab
Ravi? Feagai? Schiller? ( ANYONE but Aticant! anyone...)
Lafai ( for now)
Sailor
Normy
Hunt

hewi

Bench
Good luck to him, didn’t set the world on fire. Another vacancy to be filled. Who will it be coming to the retirement home?