What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Bandwagon

Staff member
Just a question about the true benefit to business of rewarding formerly helpful politicians. I don't know the answer and I don't expect you to know, but it's an interesting (or not) thought exercise.

I think that in rewarding past behaviour, business shows there are future rewards for current behaviour.
But again in rewarding that past behaviour with desirable employment, there is still future benefit through greater access to government in order to influence policy.

We know these is deemed to be of value because lobbyists exist.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But I suppose a link to an opposing opinion piece will satisfy you. Nobody who has chosen sides in the Trump war is writing credible articles about the man.

hindy111

Post Whore
I may not be a smart man but certainly smart enough to realize you are the three most inteligent guys on this forum.
Reading your posts has helped me become a wiser individual.

Bandwagon
Pou
Gary

Gronk

Staff member
Well it's an opinion piece by the type of person who sees Trump as their enemy. How could it not be spin?
But I suppose a link to an opposing opinion piece will satisfy you. Nobody who has chosen sides in the Trump war is writing credible articles about the man.

Not everything that goes to “print” is an opinion piece. Indeed not everything that goes to print is fakes news.

POTUS has framed the definition of fake news. It’s just stuff that he doesn’t like.

Respected essay writer, journalist and author, Micheal Wolff, said in his book

Now-President Trump, Vice President Mike Pence, Donald Trump Jr., campaign manager Kellyanne Conway and first lady Melania Trump were all reportedly left dumbfounded and afraid on the night of the election in 2016, the book claims. Shortly after 8 on election night, it became clear that Trump had a real shot of becoming president. Wolff wrote that Don Jr. said his father "looked as if he had seen a ghost. Melania was in tears—and not of joy." Steve Bannon, who helped run the Trump campaign and helped Trump's team through the transition, said he saw Trump morph from "a disbelieving Trump and then into a horrified Trump."

It’s a simple and and unremarkable concept. He didn’t expect it to go this far. It was an exercise in brand building that morphed into a phenomenal victory. How is this concept hard for you to accept ?

Eelogical

Referee
Respected by whom?

You'd have to be living under a rock to think journalism isn't a profession dominated by progressives. The chattering class par excellence.
There was a time when journalists reported the facts. I can't remember when, though. Too bad that social media has become the well that most sup from.

Latest posts