What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
People do stupid things. I have sat with the notion that he does and says stupid things and concluded that it's ..

54851b2b7389a90c2e90f6e7c865f8b47f6a46c77020e39966a71601ad6e3a3c.jpg
The stupidity is believing that a billionaire doesn't know how to manage risk.

Any other narrative is spin invented by people who get paid to talk and write stuff that helps people sleep at night.

"Comfort to the afflicted and affliction to the comfortable" Take that Trump!

To be honest I'm surprised he's running for a second term. He's crossed POTUS off his bucket list and can surely move on to something else. I can only assume he's hanging around just to keep afflicting the comfortable.

Gronk

Staff member

Any other narrative is spin invented by people who get paid to talk and write stuff that helps people sleep at night.

"Comfort to the afflicted and affliction to the comfortable" Take that Trump!

To be honest I'm surprised he's running for a second term. He's crossed POTUS off his bucket list and can surely move on to something else. I can only assume he's hanging around just to keep afflicting the comfortable.

I'll take that as a comment.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
They are full of shit. As soon as they start telling us why things happened, or otherwise inferring causal relationships and reading merkins' minds they are tainting the facts with their opinions.

But if they don't their stuff is boring and unreadable (or unwatchable). And nobody will pay money for it.
Yep. The trick is to know what their agenda is when you are reading their articles.

Gronk

Staff member
Whatever makes it easier to swallow

You're playing black vs white tennis with me. Rather than having a sensible discussion, your tactic is to refute each any every source ever posted or to be posted in the history of paper publishing and the internet. It gets very boring mate. Zzzz

84 Baby

Referee
You're playing black vs white tennis with me. Rather than having a sensible discussion, your tactic is to refute each any every source ever posted or to be posted in the history of paper publishing and the internet. It gets very boring mate. Zzzz
I don’t think you’re allowed to call it that anymore

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

well by his own admission, he doesn't

I saw a doco on him and his business dealings, he says he builds his developments on a "get feel", he has never sat down and worked out if a development is feasible or not

probabaly why he has gone bust so many times

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Mate you are as free to decide the credibility of any source as I am. I understand how you form your opinions and you probably understand how I form mine. You'll note I'm not trying to convince you by posting 'sources' because I'm generally sceptical about everything I read. You obviously aren't, which is why we see the world very differently.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
well by his own admission, he doesn't

I saw a doco on him and his business dealings, he says he builds his developments on a "get feel", he has never sat down and worked out if a development is feasible or not

probabaly why he has gone bust so many times
So he made his billion dollars only since the most recent time he went broke? That's very impressive.

Or do you mean businesses he invested in have gone bust many times? If so, that is the business model of the venture capitalist. They lose small amounts of money often, but when they win they win big. Don't compare them to the person who owns one business and sinks with the ship if it runs into some bad luck.

Anyway Trump is as full of shit as anyone else who made POTUS or tried and failed. Why would you believe anything he said about why he was successful?