What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Pre-Season

Rabbits20

Immortal
If Cody stays I’d lock Douiehi into fullback at least the next couple of years.

If we put AJ back there over Douiehi I’ll pull my hair out.
Exactly right mate, we don’t need Latrell when we have Douiehi at fullback,even if AJ leaves after 2020 we still have Allan as a back up option.

I’m glad it seems the club seems to realise this and that Joseph Sualii is coming through as well.

We need forwards and it seems that’s what we are focussed on.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Exactly right mate, we don’t need Latrell when we have Douiehi at fullback,even if AJ leaves after 2020 we still have Allan as a back up option.

I’m glad it seems the club seems to realise this and that Joseph Sualii is coming through as well.

We need forwards and it seems that’s what we are focussed on.

Club has excelled this year in recruitment/retention if we can bring Arrow in and maintain all our stars going forward. Tbh we’ve gotten past the hardest stage after letting Sam go. It’s a new age Rabbitohs. I love Sam but I’m excited for how good our team could be in a few years.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Club has excelled this year in recruitment/retention if we can bring Arrow in and maintain all our stars going forward. Tbh we’ve gotten past the hardest stage after letting Sam go. It’s a new age Rabbitohs. I love Sam but I’m excited for how good our team could be in a few years.
Now we just await a decision re the cap relief I guess.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I’ve got a feeling that Bayley Sironen will step up big time this year and play a fair bit of first grade. I think Su’a will have his breakout year as well.
I’m hoping Sironen can do a similar role that Turner did for us when he gets his shot off the bench.

It will be interesting to see how Wayne uses Sironen and if he sees him as our third choice second rower or does he see Knight/Murray as better second row options to Sironen.

Su’a and Lowe will get first starting chance for our second row I would say. If Arrow comes Murray/Knight could depend some time at second row to give Lowe or Su’a a spell.

If Arrow comes for 2020 @callmack1 @Peter Quinn @southsport @handyman2190 I’m thinking this:

Arrow
Cook
Tom
Su’a
Lowe
Murray

Knight
Tatola
Nicholls
Amone/Sironen

Then we most likely have the guys below:

Dillon
Mago?
Koloamatangi (he can play based on what I’ve seen)
Rodwell

Still that’s only 14 forwards, we did use 16 forwards in 2019 so we are a bit light on if injuries hit.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
I’m hoping Sironen can do a similar role that Turner did for us when he gets his shot off the bench.

It will be interesting to see how Wayne uses Sironen and if he sees him as our third choice second rower or does he see Knight/Murray as better second row options to Sironen.

Su’a and Lowe will get first starting chance for our second row I would say. If Arrow comes Murray/Knight could depend some time at second row to give Lowe or Su’a a spell.

If Arrow comes for 2020 @callmack1 @Peter Quinn @southsport @handyman2190 I’m thinking this:

Arrow
Cook
Tom
Su’a
Lowe
Murray

Knight
Tatola
Nicholls
Amone/Sironen

Dillon
Mago?
Rodwell

Still that’s only 14 forwards, we did use 16 forwards in 2019 so we are a bit light on if injuries hit.
And Jack Johns.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

Arrow
Cook
Tom
Su’a
Lowe
Murray

Knight
Tatola
Nicholls
Amone/Sironen

Dillon
Mago?
Rodwell

For me Sironen is the best option out of all the other fringe players because he has utility and can play across the park. That’s why I have him above a lot of other players. I’ve been following him in the lower grades too and I think he has the ability to step up.

Rabbits20

Immortal
For me Sironen is the best option out of all the other fringe players because he has utility and can play across the park. That’s why I have him above a lot of other players. I’ve been following him in the lower grades too and I think he has the ability to step up.
Well I’ll remember that mate, that’s your big call, Sironen to be a regular on our interchange.

Do you reckon Amone can step up too?

Based on what I’ve seen I reckon he can if he really wants it.